Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: SaberForge "Adaptive Saber Parts"

SaberForge "Adaptive Saber Parts" 1 year 2 months ago #12729

• EvilGeth
  • Thank you received: 3
Do we have to pay for shipping if we kick start? I'm tempted to do the $225 backing but I'm in the Uk so It's a fairly large extra cost
The topic has been locked.

SaberForge "Adaptive Saber Parts" 1 year 2 months ago #12732

• Bietr Krrob
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 13
I believe its $30 for the UK, but it will tell for sure pretty early in the pledge process.

SaberForge "Adaptive Saber Parts" 1 year 2 months ago #12855

• TheAwakener
Is there going to be an adaptive saber part to add sound to a lightsaber that doesn't have it already? I would like sound but there is no way I can afford a saber with the sound built in. I'm taking the cheap way out and getting a warrior edition with the hopes of putting the sound in myself someday. If not, its not a big deal. But it would be nice.

SaberForge "Adaptive Saber Parts" 1 year 2 months ago #12856

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 355
Is there going to be an adaptive saber part to add sound to a lightsaber that doesn't have it already?
Yes and no. If the saber is built with ASP parts you can later work in a replacement ASP component that is wired for sound. However, if it's a non-ASP saber it seems unlikely you'll be able to attach an ASP component w/o mods. At least that's what the current info indicates; may or may not change.
Last Edit: 1 year 2 months ago by h2soy.

SaberForge "Adaptive Saber Parts" 1 year 2 months ago #12857

• TheAwakener
Oh alright, thanks.

SaberForge "Adaptive Saber Parts" 1 year 2 months ago #13474

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
Thomas Snyder, SF tech and designer, posted some ASP pics on FB:

The following user(s) said Thank You: HotelFourSix

SaberForge "Adaptive Saber Parts" 1 year 2 months ago #13487

• HotelFourSix
  • Thank you received: 4
I do love me an angled emitter shroud.
"I'm no Jedi. I'm just a guy with a lightsaber and a few questions."

SaberForge "Adaptive Saber Parts" 1 year 2 months ago #13489

• Jedikind
  • Platinum Member
  • dc,star wars,ac,lotr nerd what else ?
  • Thank you received: 18
i like both of them
sabers own: prodigal son,classic epouch vers 2

sabers i want ? Guardian,Count,exalted, legacy 1 and protector,archon and fallen

SaberForge "Adaptive Saber Parts" 1 year 2 months ago #13492

• Andrew Ford
  • Premium Member
  • There is passion, yet peace. There is serenity, yet emotion. Chaos, yet order.
  • Thank you received: 17
The first design seems to catch my eye more, but only because I love the texturing on the grip section. Although the emitter on the second saber looks very nice.
Bowties are cool... And so are Lightsabers!

SaberForge "Adaptive Saber Parts" 1 year 2 months ago #13494

• Jedikind
  • Platinum Member
  • dc,star wars,ac,lotr nerd what else ?
  • Thank you received: 18
both has caught my eye
sabers own: prodigal son,classic epouch vers 2

sabers i want ? Guardian,Count,exalted, legacy 1 and protector,archon and fallen

SaberForge "Adaptive Saber Parts" 1 year 1 month ago #13837

• ZrenTobas87
I personally can't wait for the custom parts to come out =] I'm just going to wait Might do a few custom sabers actually
Want: DT Epoch Green, Silver Knight White, Vigilant Deep Blue, Venomous Fury Purple, Gladius Amber, Phoenix Cyan, Bane Red, Exhaulted Green

SaberForge "Adaptive Saber Parts" 1 year 1 month ago #13863

• Khaalis
Here is a cap of more bodies that I didn't see listed.

SaberForge "Adaptive Saber Parts" 1 year 1 month ago #13916

• Ramaloke
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 33
How can you not get excited about this? The only challenge will be keeping up with the expansions. Still two more weeks to go.

SaberForge "Adaptive Saber Parts" 1 year 1 month ago #13929

• DarthMario95
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 201
I'm supes m'gupes excited about everything having to do with ASP :D
"Always a pleasure to meet a Jedi…"

SaberForge "Adaptive Saber Parts" 1 year 1 month ago #13932

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
How can you not get excited about this? The only challenge will be keeping up with the expansions. Still two more weeks to go.
I'm super OCD about stuff so I check the Kickstarter page every hour or two... :silly:

SaberForge "Adaptive Saber Parts" 1 year 1 month ago #13937

• Khaalis
I'm excited by the concept, but have some reservations about the KS implementation. :unsure:

Maybe I'm just too cynical, but the structure of the campaign and the waiting for expansions just isn't sitting right with me and is the reason I haven't pledged yet and may not buy until the whole ASP deal is open to the public per say. I don't want to toss out say $350 to get a saber that 2 months down the road I have to pay another few hundred to swap out parts for what I wanted in the first place. For instance, no recharge port until expansion. For me that's really become an important feature on my sabers. I hate having to open up the saber to mess with the battery. Also, things like no sound boards on the Staff tier seems odd, etc.

Speaking of, does anyone have any idea what the ASP electronics kits will cost?

SaberForge "Adaptive Saber Parts" 1 year 1 month ago #13940

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
No info yet, but I would guess the champion expansion would be close to the difference in $ between the warrior and champion tier ($150ish) and the hero cost $200ish. Who knows, might be cheaper.
Maybe I'm just too cynical, but the structure of the campaign and the waiting for expansions just isn't sitting right with me and is the reason I haven't pledged yet and may not buy until the whole ASP deal is open to the public per say.
Yeah, whatever makes most sense for you! I feel comfortable buying in at the tier I'm at because I have no reservations about that tier. Kickstarters like this carry some "early adopter" risk; I think of it like I'm one of those people who rush out and buy a new gaming console (PS4, XboxOne, etc.) in the first week. There will be later iterations that will be better, and there may be some "launch bugs" so I'm going in with those expectations.
For instance, no recharge port until expansion.
Post launch you could probably mail it back and they'll add a port; they've done that with pre-existing sabers.
Also, things like no sound boards on the Staff tier seems odd, etc.
I think that has to do with the cost to them; having a soundboard component on both would boost the cost around $300ish. Pure conjecture on my part.
Last Edit: 1 year 1 month ago by h2soy.

SaberForge "Adaptive Saber Parts" 1 year 1 month ago #13955

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
No info yet, but I would guess the champion expansion would be close to the difference in $ between the warrior and champion tier ($150ish) and the hero cost $200ish. Who knows, might be cheaper.

Here's some of the price information (about middle of the page, screencap of a conversation I had with Phil about the prices of the kits): Linky Linky!
I don't want to toss out say $350 to get a saber that 2 months down the road I have to pay another few hundred to swap out parts for what I wanted in the first place.

Part of that is just the "perks" of being the founder of a new program/design. Obviously, it's not going to launch with everything in flawless order, things just don't work like that... if you're a gamer, and have ever participated in a MMO launch of an XPAC or even full new game, you know that lesson VERY well, lol. Things like this will need public feedback and input and support and revisions and all sorts of fun growing pains in order to become fully developed. However, that being said, I can't state enough how impressed I am overall with the efficiency of this particular new line launch, and with it getting even better every day... I mean... Check THIS out:

SF just teased a NEW 12W+ LED that will be releasing with the ASP system. Picture comparison is 12W on the left, new 12W+ on the right. It's brighter, uses less energy (longer battery life!) and more evenly illuminates the blade... they said they accomplished this by using a tighter cluster array of die in the LED unit to project a more even beam of light and reduce the base flare that the 12W LEDs suffer from. They also stated that they expected this to show the MOST difference on the thin-neck designs, and really increase their brightness.

All I can say is...

SaberForge "Adaptive Saber Parts" 1 year 1 month ago #13966

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
I just cancelled an etsy LED order because of that news. After a conversation about the new LEDs i learned that conversions (for noncompatible Quick Connect sabers like the Bane) will be $20 plus LED cost plus shipping.

Edited due to lack of clarity.
Last Edit: 1 year 1 month ago by h2soy.

SaberForge "Adaptive Saber Parts" 1 year 1 month ago #13970

• EvilGeth
Damn that's bright. I can't wait for those to come out :D
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• MR 2005 Anakin conversion... (7 Posts)
    • The gold button is actually separate from the rest of the chrome section. If you're willing to get...
    • Champion Bastions Galore!... (35 Posts)
    • Quote: Yeah that was just a reminder plug for ic3cold to a comment he made in Wait Begins. He got it. Not...
    • MR 2005 Anakin conversion... (7 Posts)
    • Quote: 5) Not saying it's impossible, but you'd have to get very creative. The kit - used as intended -...
    • Quote: 2. As for the blades, adding two 26" blades would make the overall length 7.75ft (anyone reading,...
    • Quote: Quote: or is the intention to go something shorter say like two Crossguard 6" Blades Lol..well my Relic is...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4448
  • Latest Member: michelesv4
  • Total Posts: 44.9k
  • Total Topics: 3318
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 106
  • Today Open: 5
  • Yesterday Open: 6
  • Today Answer: 37
  • Yesterday Answer: 71