Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Chosen Warrior Tier Medium Blue

Chosen Warrior Tier Medium Blue 1 year 8 months ago #51890

• Neeja_Halcyon
  • And of course I'm happy to spar with you. You're freshly out of combat, your reactions are sharp. I've been sitting idle for quite a while—I need the test."
  • Thank you received: 21
Hey all,

Got my hands on a warrior tier Chosen in Medium Blue. 12w with the li-ion rechargable setup. 37" blade.

A brief review follows.

Okay so i recently decided to get back into saber swinging after a long time away from the hobby (sold off all my previous toys)

What i decided on is a chosen, warrior teir specifically because sound drives me nuts when im training. Ill get sound eventually, but for now, this is what i chose.

Pretty basic. Nice clean hilt, havent measured it but im pretty sure its about spot on for the 12" mark.

No sharp edges, battery setup is well put together, sits very snug in the hilt no wobble or rattle or move ment when swinging.

Powdercoating is nice and clean and even, its almost too pretty, probably going to do a bit of a luke v2 sort of weathering to it

I love the thin neck, its a nice one piece neck and emitter thats set into the hilt with a set screw, and i believe might also be threaded, id have to take it apart to be certain, not that i want to.

I love how the second switch hole, has a nice clean machined dummy switch in place, and i feel its a great way for them to plug the hole and still only need to have one style of body even for single switch non in hilt recharge setups.

The Led is sunk into the body itself, with the neck in there just above it. The thin neck is actually fairly wide which is nice, and the interior of the neck is actually lined with a reflective piece of film, which is a very nice touch. its in there quite snug and does not move around at all.

Only thing i can think of to change, even a little bit, would be if the emitter was a half CM taller, just to give a weeee bit more grip on the blade. I actually really like the way the blade holder is set up just because the emitter gets a grip on not only the inside, but the outside of the blade as well.

Unfortunately I did not get to play with the saber nearly as much as I wanted to last night when it came in....as it was pilfered by my girlfriend who now wants one of her own and had me looking up as she said it "badass female jedi" that she can cosplay as (Yes im a very very lucky man)

Edit# 5648548155618 ...... stupid thing is only letting me add the one photo, not entirely sure why, even going back in and editing the post....it never actually saves the additional photos
"A word here, an act there, allowing people to choose between good or evil at their own speed and peril was more our way." -Hal Horn
Last Edit: 1 year 8 months ago by Neeja_Halcyon.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

Chosen Warrior Tier Medium Blue 1 year 8 months ago #51895

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 569
Saber and color looks great! Thanks for sharing it. At this point, if I were to buy a complete hilt from SF, the Chosen would definitely be it. Somehow ASP has completely changed my outlook on thin neck sabers. What kind of finish did you get, standard?

Chosen Warrior Tier Medium Blue 1 year 8 months ago #51900

• The Grey One
  • Thank you received: 11
Very nice saber choice. Love the color.
Do not fear the dark side, fear those who believe it can only be used for evil.

Owned Sabers: Warrior Tier Disciple

Wishlist: Bane, Prodigal Son

Chosen Warrior Tier Medium Blue 1 year 8 months ago #51901

• Neeja_Halcyon
  • And of course I'm happy to spar with you. You're freshly out of combat, your reactions are sharp. I've been sitting idle for quite a while—I need the test."
Standard finish. Im going to do some custom painting on it eventually to make it look more of a relic....and try to get these photos loaded.
"A word here, an act there, allowing people to choose between good or evil at their own speed and peril was more our way." -Hal Horn

Chosen Warrior Tier Medium Blue 1 year 8 months ago #51902

• Witherpixel
  • Thank you received: 3
Looks great! I've heard naught but good things of the thin necks and this just adds to the clamor. I'm so glad they added an apprentice thin neck as well. Also always nice to see that medium blue :)

Chosen Warrior Tier Medium Blue 1 year 8 months ago #51912

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi." - Quinlan Vos
  • Thank you received: 356
Wow that medium blue looks great in your pic. Nice choice. Congrats Neeja.
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

Chosen Warrior Tier Medium Blue 1 year 8 months ago #51940

• OvrcAHst
  • Thank you received: 1716
Neeja_Halcyon, Nicely chosen and Thank you for sharing. I imagine now, you will be doing a lot more of this fine demonstration but wielding your very own. Congratulations.

Chosen Warrior Tier Medium Blue 1 year 8 months ago #51965

• MommyHoldMe
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 238
Well that is nice! Glad to see one finally posted here. Could we maybe see a close up picture of the hilt? We see them on the website, but it's different when we finally see it in your hands. Nice purchase!
You give life, You are love.You bring light to the darkness.
You give hope, You restore every heart that is broken.

Chosen Warrior Tier Medium Blue 1 year 8 months ago #51992

• Avalanche210500
  • Thank you received: 1
Thanks for sharing, lovely saber, may I ask when did you order?

Chosen Warrior Tier Medium Blue 1 year 8 months ago #52009

• Neeja_Halcyon
MommyHoldMe wrote:
Well that is nice! Glad to see one finally posted here. Could we maybe see a close up picture of the hilt? We see them on the website, but it's different when we finally see it in your hands. Nice purchase!

Ive been trying mate, but the bloody thing wont let me insert more photos. It only wanted to save the one. :-S

Chosen Warrior Tier Medium Blue 1 year 8 months ago #52161

• Serisscweald
  • Thank you received: 6
When did you order the chosen?

I can't figure out how these "new" sabers are being produced faster than ones that have been on order for 10+ weeks.

That being said, wow that blue looks great, If i can stomach the wait again, the chosen in green will be my next buy along with a bastion in purple.

Chosen Warrior Tier Medium Blue 1 year 8 months ago #52173

• Gaelis
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 46
Serisscweald wrote:

I can't figure out how these "new" sabers are being produced faster than ones that have been on order for 10+ weeks.

That being said, wow that blue looks great, If i can stomach the wait again, the chosen in green will be my next buy along with a bastion in purple.

My guess (and it's just a guess) is that they went into production prior to announcing them and so had stocked hilts ready to be wired (or not) BEFORE they were put up for sale. Everything else must be made to order.
For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future.

Chosen Warrior Tier Medium Blue 1 year 8 months ago #52190

• Serisscweald
  • Thank you received: 6
Gaelis wrote:
Serisscweald wrote:

My guess (and it's just a guess) is that they went into production prior to announcing them and so had stocked hilts ready to be wired (or not) BEFORE they were put up for sale. Everything else must be made to order.

I sure wish I had known, I would have waited 3 more weeks and then ordered the new hilts. :(

Chosen Warrior Tier Medium Blue 1 year 8 months ago #52235

• MommyHoldMe
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 238
A lot of people ordered the new Apprentice Hilts through SF Customs. Many also just went and picked one up from the showroom. That is how you have seen so many so soon.
You give life, You are love.You bring light to the darkness.
You give hope, You restore every heart that is broken.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Kylo Ren Lightsaber *POSS... (1 Posts)
    • So I came across this photo of Ben/Ren's saber from THAT scene, anyone thinkin SF should hop on this...
    • Look what i discovered (2 Posts)
    • Yeah chemical reaction causing heat they use hot glue for that reason
    • Kylo Ren Lightsaber *POSS... (1 Posts)
    • So I came across this photo of Ben/Ren's saber from THAT scene, anyone thinkin SF should hop on this...
    • Mystery Saber return! (2 Posts)
    • The $125 MB sabers just completed another successful run, and are sold out for the moment. The $300...
    • Saber electronics died (3 Posts)
    • Quote: On a side note, does anyone know how long I should charge the battery for before it is at full...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6262
  • Latest Member: PlebausaurusRex
  • Total Posts: 62.8k
  • Total Topics: 5280
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 136
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 5
  • Today Answer: 1
  • Yesterday Answer: 29