Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Battlefront II Reveal

Battlefront II Reveal 1 year 5 days ago #74638

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 575

Since it wouldn't let me start the video at a specific point, might as well put this in the game category.

Now is it just me, or did they put some sort of windows on Maul's saber at around 1:36?
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: For Tyeth

Battlefront II Reveal 1 year 5 days ago #74639

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1086
Hi Borommakot,

Yeah I think because the video has a Parental Warning "sticker" that might override the specific start time feature.

Nice share otherwise, fantastic looking graphics, thanks man!

kind regards,

For Tyeth

P.S. I couldn't see any windows sorry! Just Yoda's saber skidding across the floor.

Battlefront II Reveal 1 year 5 days ago #74640

• buzz_oates
  • Thank you received: 15
I couldn't see any windows, but if there were any they probably just cut out the black parts vertical windows on the emitter.

Also, what do y'all think about it? I'm excited for the Battle of Endor and whatever Clone Wars shenanigans isn't in the Battlefront 2 game released back in 2005.
Follow me on Twitch!
The following user(s) said Thank You: For Tyeth

Star Wars: Aftermath 1 year 5 days ago #74642

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
I liked what they showed and what they've said so far.
  • *I think the return to a class based system is a smart move.
  • *There's talk (from the producers) that there won't be a season pass this time.
  • *They seem to be revisiting favorite locations.
  • *The AotC Jedi starfighter was teased as playable.
  • *The B1 droid on the website looks fantastic.
  • *The campaign story sounds phenomenal. The Imperial perspective, the introduction of Inferno Squad, canonizing that Imperial corvette (Raider?), and I've always had a soft spot for those mini-probe droids, so I hope that features significantly.

There are some potential cons:
  • *People are still talking about ground-to-space battles, and I don't think that will happen. It looks to me like they've pretty firmly separated ground and space. Not something I personally was adamant about, because I don't think it's very believable.
  • *They've already announced pre-order bonuses, and they aren't just cosmetic.
  • *Ground battles are still 40 player. Again, not something that bothered me in the original.

They're advertising the offline splitscreen on the site, which hopefully means it's more substantial than the chewed up bone they threw in the first one. It's even implied that you can earn multiplayer upgrades through offline play.

Looking forward to hearing more about it, for sure.
Last Edit: 1 year 5 days ago by Borommakot.

Battlefront II Reveal 1 year 4 days ago #74651

• CrimsonJax88
  • Platinum Member
  • Dutch guy living in Norway!
  • Thank you received: 186
Single player looks amazing and as long as there is a more thorough offline experience (aka Skirmish with more modes, or at the very least all the maps in the game available in Supremacy/Blast) I'll be happy.
I would love to see ground-to-space battles just for realism and the reintroduction of the Galactic Conquest mode, but I'm not holding my breath.

That being said... Right now I'm wary about buying it, seeing as it's only been 1,5 year since BF1 (2 once this one comes out) and it feels that if they haven't added that much to the original BF experience - at least... whatever they have added now (besides the Single Player campaign which is first to be seen how long it will be) seems to be stuff that I feel they could've added with more DLC/patches, but that they just didn't feel like doing it.
Of course, seeing more eras from Star Wars - including the new movies - and releasing it around the time of Episode VIII seems like a smart idea for maximum profit, but I do hope that they will at least have learned from all the mistakes of 1 and will use 2 as a base to build on, instead of making a few improvements, only to make a BF3 in another 1,5-2 years.
That to me would feel that it would become too much like other franchises where every year a new one is released, but it doesn't make any difference for the gameplay.
For my ally is the Force - and a powerful ally it is!

Battlefront II Reveal 10 months 1 week ago #76140

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
New trailer accompanying EA's conference at E3 today, along with a 30 minute showcase of
gameplay from their "Assault" mode, which in this case was a battle in Theed on Naboo. Footage of the gameplay abounds on youtube, and it's worth a look. Here's the trailer.

I'm still not willing to lay down money on a pre-order, but I'm increasingly optimistic. They suggested there would be more reveals at Gamescom in August.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brax, scifidude79

Battlefront II Reveal 10 months 1 week ago #76147

• scifidude79
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 364
I'm thinking about laying down some credits for a pre-order. This looks freaking insane. Three things I can check off of my "wants" list, based on what we've seen so far:

1. I want to play as Yoda
2. I want to play as Darth Maul
3. I want to play as a battle droid

(that last one popped up just now, as soon as I saw them in the trailer I was like "I'd better be able to play as a battle droid," then I saw one in first person and got all excited)
Last Edit: 10 months 1 week ago by scifidude79.

Battlefront II Reveal 8 months 1 day ago #78305

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1763
The newest trailers for BFII are looking really good. Just hope the campaign mode is as good as it is being touted.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

Battlefront II Reveal 8 months 1 day ago #78322

• Gen Croix Man
  • Premium Member
  • Your focus determines your reality
  • Thank you received: 46
I was very disappointed with their last rendition of the game but everything I have seen so far looks good.

The campaign mode looks to be very interesting. Always wanted to play a game from the "bad guy" point of view.
"The ability to speak does not make you intelligent."

"Do you hear that? That is the sound of a thousand terrible things headed this way."

Battlefront II Reveal 8 months 1 day ago #78337

• scifidude79
  • Platinum Member
Brax wrote:
The newest trailers for BFII are looking really good. Just hope the campaign mode is as good as it is being touted.

That's my hope right there. I want an immersive and really good story. One cool thing is that it's going to be from the perspective of a loyal Imperial trooper, that's something pretty fresh for Star Wars.

Battlefront II Reveal 3 months 1 week ago #84185

• Nico
  • Thank you received: 3
Future DLC improving single player storyline are going to be announced soon!
NiC0

Battlefront II Reveal 3 months 1 week ago #84189

• scifidude79
  • Platinum Member
Yay, more stuff you have to pay for to "complete" the game. :angry: Sorry, this is a sore spot for me with modern games, and one of the reasons I recently unhooked my PS4. I hate how these game companies want you to shell out $60 for a game and then keep paying more and more after it's released.

I never did pick up BFII, especially since I read that you have to grind through a lot of hours to unlock the cool characters that I wanted to play as from the start. :huh:
Last Edit: 3 months 1 week ago by scifidude79.

Battlefront II Reveal 3 months 1 week ago #84194

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 538
Gotta have that carrot....

I picked the game up on sale, so I probably won't mind the DLC cost.

And they did drastically reduce the Hero unlock cost after all the complaining.

Battlefront II Reveal 3 months 1 week ago #84195

• scifidude79
  • Platinum Member
KelbornX wrote:

10 hours is still a lot to me. Does it all have to be done in multiplayer? One of the things that ticked me off in the first game is that no content could be unlocked in any of the solo modes.

Battlefront II Reveal 3 months 1 week ago #84198

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 538
scifidude79 wrote:
KelbornX wrote:

10 hours is still a lot to me. Does it all have to be done in multiplayer? One of the things that ticked me off in the first game is that no content could be unlocked in any of the solo modes.

It's much quicker in Multiplayer, but you still can earn credits from Campaign and Arcade stuff. Not sure if it's enough to unlock EVERYTHING... but it's still something.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scifidude79

Battlefront II Reveal 3 months 1 week ago #84295

• Bipto
  • Thank you received: 1
I'm enjoying the game a lot. The single player campaign is good, the progression system is getting better with the tweaks and updates and the dlc is free. The only real complaint I have is the lack of joystick support for the pc, star fighter combat is a real pain with out it.

Battlefront II Reveal 3 months 1 week ago #84451

• Nico
  • Thank you received: 3
Yes this is a good point of view for some games, but in this case the first DLC has been released free for all.
NiC0

Battlefront II Reveal 2 months 2 weeks ago #85727

• Kelador
The DLC that is part of the season pass or behind a pay wall starts rolling out in the next few months it has been confirmed that the lootbox system will be coming back soon too which will most like be with the DLC patch.

I one of these people who dont mind microtranaction's as long as they are cosmetic and have zero effect on stats or the game in anyway other way than visual sure put the DLC beind paywalls we used to call them expansion packs and pay for them.....

But putting items in game that you have to pay for that effect your stats and give you an advantage over the people that don't pay should never be part of a game limiting your progression speed and then giving you a way to speed it up if you pay also should never be a thing...

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6834
  • Latest Member: reliken
  • Total Posts: 69.1k
  • Total Topics: 5816
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 145
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 2