Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Working on using voice enhancer

Working on using voice enhancer 1 year 6 months ago #49178

• Darth Crain
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 71
Hello my fellow Star Was fans!

I have been putting together my Sith Costume one thing at a time.. Just trying to create my own character.. so I came up with Darth Crain... so far I only have my black robe, a cool mask that I purchased at Evike and I have been experimenting with a voice enhancer.. I have posted a little silly video in character lol using the voice enhancer.. it doesn't sound as good as in person.. my video and sound quality are not the best.. but I keep adjusting the volume, the inflection in my voice to make it sound cooler... but again... still working on it.... I still need to buy black tunic, boots, belt.,, but little by little..

Last Edit: 1 year 6 months ago by Darth Crain. Reason: updated video
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Working on using voice enhancer 1 year 6 months ago #49183

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1662
:ohmy: Somebody managed to put down their Mantis/Scorpion Twins and do some recording ;)
Is there a way to hear or see without having to sign in, simply because I have nothing to sign in with. :blush:

Working on using voice enhancer 1 year 6 months ago #49184

• Darth Crain
  • Elite Member
oh man,, I had no idea it would ask you to sign in to you tube in order to see it,,, I am such an amateur lol I don't know what other way to attach it :/

Working on using voice enhancer 1 year 6 months ago #49185

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
  • "Remember, [Force] abilities are not inherently good or evil; it's how you use them." --Kyle Katarn
  • Thank you received: 511
After signing in to YouTube it says "this video is private" and won't play it. That is probably why.
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0
yellow SF ASP Interceptor

Working on using voice enhancer 1 year 6 months ago #49188

• Darth Crain
  • Elite Member
ah sorry... let me change that and re post it

Working on using voice enhancer 1 year 6 months ago #49190

• Darth Crain
  • Elite Member
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

Working on using voice enhancer 1 year 6 months ago #49191

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 569
What modulator are you using? I'm interested in getting one, but I want to be able to try effects other than lowering the pitch

Working on using voice enhancer 1 year 6 months ago #49192

• Darth Crain
  • Elite Member
Borommakot wrote:
What modulator are you using? I'm interested in getting one, but I want to be able to try effects other than lowering the pitch

It's Just a voice enhancer that I bought on ebay. . It doesn't have any adjustments other than volume. It cost me about 25 dollars. . This is the pic and it comes with charger.

Working on using voice enhancer 1 year 6 months ago #49200

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1662
@Darth Crain, Thank you for the edit and for sharing the voice enhancement. Maybe it's the recording like you said, I wonder if the microphone head-set distance relative to the speaker is causing the slight distortion. Actually, how comfortable is the head-set fit? Does it pair well with the mask on? Maybe you'll be engaged in some upcoming Crank-Calls to really test the limits of the enhancement. :lol:
That's a nice Scorpion glance towards the end. Blazing Red is an excellent choice. ;)

Working on using voice enhancer 1 year 6 months ago #49204

• Darth Crain
  • Elite Member
OvrcAHst wrote:
@Darth Crain, Thank you for the edit and for sharing the voice enhancement. Maybe it's the recording like you said, I wonder if the microphone head-set distance relative to the speaker is causing the slight distortion. Actually, how comfortable is the head-set fit? Does it pair well with the mask on? Maybe you'll be engaged in some upcoming Crank-Calls to really test the limits of the enhancement. :lol:
That's a nice Scorpion glance towards the end. Blazing Red is an excellent choice. ;)

It is not bad the fitting... I have to adjust the straps on the mask because is a little too tight.. plus I am also wearing a thin ski mask under the mask.. in person you can actually understand me much better.. I will try to get better quality video in the future.. goodnight!
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

Working on using voice enhancer 1 year 6 months ago #49318

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
  • "Either in belief or doubt, if I lean to one of these sides, my reaction time will be dulled if my heart thinks the opposite of what I choose."
  • Thank you received: 207
Upon observance of the enhancer in tandem with the microphone, you should probably tone down the 'evil-coolness' factor just a tidge when recording yourself like this. I speak only for myself, but I found it just a bit hard to understand in certain parts.

Remember, you want your cronies fearing your presence and the menacing voice that comes with, not laughing at you. Just a little observation! ;)

Emerald Knight, Chosen, Dark Paladin, Sentinel

Working on using voice enhancer 1 year 6 months ago #49321

• Darth Crain
  • Elite Member
Eddlyss64 wrote:
Upon observance of the enhancer in tandem with the microphone, you should probably tone down the 'evil-coolness' factor just a tidge when recording yourself like this. I speak only for myself, but I found it just a bit hard to understand in certain parts.

Remember, you want your cronies fearing your presence and the menacing voice that comes with, not laughing at you. Just a little observation! ;)

Thanks for your feedback!
It sounds a little better in person. . My video and sound quality comes from a old pc webcam. . I will keep working on it
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eddlyss64

Working on using voice enhancer 1 year 6 months ago #50698

• Darth-Revan
  • Platinum Member
  • Ruler of the Waiting Guild: Round N Round is the motto, Up and Down will you follow?
  • Thank you received: 123
Do you plan on adding a voice changer or you'll just go with the voice enhancer?

Pretty awesome effect by the way! Currently working on such a device for my Starkiller Helmet! Thumbs up.
"Honor is a fool's price. Honor is of no use to the dead."

- Custom SaberForge Monarch
- Vader's Vault REV-N Elite + Graflex
- Korbanth Kylo Ren

Working on using voice enhancer 1 year 6 months ago #50942

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
  • "Either in belief or doubt, if I lean to one of these sides, my reaction time will be dulled if my heart thinks the opposite of what I choose."
  • Thank you received: 207
Something I just thought of. Defintiely use Kylo Ren's masked voice as a bounce-off point. Go from something somewhat akin to that, and then change things around as you see fit.

Hope you're doing well with this little project!

Emerald Knight, Chosen, Dark Paladin, Sentinel
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Shoto saber design, ISO i... (29 Posts)
    • I had missed that, thanks. How hard would it be to get a properly sized o-ring over a sealed hilt?
    • You may have missed where I posted it earlier...O-rings can cure what ails you on the cheap.
    • Future customer lol (7 Posts)
    • Thank you all I couldnt resist recording her she was just to cute lol
    • So the store ASP page lists the Gladius body as 4.35 inches, dunno whats going on with the...
    • Hilt Design Gallery (1199 Posts)
    • For Tyeth or anyone for that matter if you see any of my designs and you want to build upon it or...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5836
  • Latest Member: Weve
  • Total Posts: 60.7k
  • Total Topics: 5036
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 134
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 4
  • Today Answer: 6
  • Yesterday Answer: 32