Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: My first wip

My first wip 1 year 2 days ago #60138

• Elive
  • Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny
  • Thank you received: 5
As the title says I'm working on my 1st costume and I'm having trouble. I'm working on a dark side costume and I love a half mask. I found a mask on etsy it's a mortal combat sub zero mask but I feel that with some altering it could look like its from the Star Wars universe. I want your guys opinions though. I don't care much for the weathering but i can fix that issue. (I can't figure out how to upload pics from my phone) but here's the link. Any comments will help. https://www.etsy.com/listing/158179832/mortal-kombat-sub-zero-mk9-v2-rusted?ref=related_listings. Thank you for your help.
Ps. If you have any suggestions could you let me know.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

My first wip 1 year 2 days ago #60149

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 523

Elive welcome to the forum. What type of suggestions do you need? Design styling should be based on your desired aesthetic. So greeblies, electronics, colors, chop and channel?

My first wip 1 year 2 days ago #60151

• Elive
I thought about adding some led in the vents. But what type of greeblies would you suggest. I'm not a big steampunk fan and I'm afraid if I added to many it would get that look

My first wip 1 year 1 day ago #60168

• BoostinIX
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 176
What about the little corner piece attachments like Vader's mask?

My first wip 1 year 1 day ago #60170

• TheGrandAdmiral
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 114
If you don't want too many greeblies, but still something that looks functional, perhaps a couple of small knob/button type things near the "breather" part of the mask, that look like they control certain functions of the mask.

I don't have any specific examples, but that could look pretty cool.

In terms of making it look more evil and Star Wars-y I would perhaps suggest repainting it in either a black or deep red basecoat, and then adding some accent colour in the cheek and nose divets, and around the breather vents, or if you can get them to fit well enough, LEDs in the vents would look crazy cool, either in a red or perhaps a very bright blue would look cool. (I personally think the blue would contrast well if you painted the mask a dark colour)

In terms of *how* to do this, well, I am terrible at actually doing stuff like this, so I can't really help there.

My first wip 1 year 1 day ago #60180

• Elive
I plan on putting led is the vents. My brother is amazing at that kind of stuff and he said he would draw up a couple of ideas for the mask and he said he would put some leds in there. Blue LEDs sound pretty cool thanks for the suggestion I was going to go with red but blue will probably look better. I was also thinking bout about some kind of tube leading to like a control box type thing to make it look more like a breather but I don't want it to seem tacky

My first wip 1 year 1 day ago #60219

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 523

Elive pretty much what TGA said, is what I was thinking with greeblies. Not much just a couple small items or an exposed wire maybe, to give some feel of faux functionality. The strap is a little un desirable. Are you planning to wear this with a cloak and hood? If not definitely change the strap some how. Otherwise cool mask, and good luck. Looking forward to seeing you creation.

My first wip 1 year 1 day ago #60252

• Elive
I'm not a fan of the strap either I planed on changing it soon as I get it but yes I ordered wool earlier today to make a robe or cloak I havnt decided what kind I want to make yet
The following user(s) said Thank You: =Ottomatix=
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Father's Day Sale (8 Posts)
    • Yeah, that was my thought too (15th and 30th is when I get my checks). But I get his point. If...
    • Ok so maybe longer, but a 25% off every 3-4 months is better imho than a constant 10-15%. It's not a...
    • 3-5 days isn't a good length for a sale, because some of us get paid every two weeks. By having one...
    • PS-Luke V2 WIP (22 Posts)
    • This one I'm doing is a CR, so slightly less space for the install, CRAM-FU!!!! Really can't stress...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5240
  • Latest Member: ThomasNob
  • Total Posts: 56k
  • Total Topics: 4671
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 4
  • Today Answer: 18
  • Yesterday Answer: 18