Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Disciple.
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Disciple 12W Red with Brown Wrap-Warrior(No Sound)

Disciple 12W Red with Brown Wrap-Warrior(No Sound) 2 years 1 month ago #10102

• Crackensan
  • Thank you received: 5
Picture Gallery is HERE!

Build: Solidly built. No rattling of any of the electronics inside. Only manufacturing complaint I could ever make is the edges on the emitter are a bit sharp. I could see that causing some damage in the future.

Brightness: HOLY DEAR GOD!!!! As a test I turned off all the lights and ignited the blade... and it lit the whole room with red. The LED is VERY powerful, and can cause you to squint. But it illuminates the blade perfectly.

Weapon: As a sparring weapon; about a B-. Being a fictional weapon, the balance is kinda off, as the weapon balances about an inch past the emitter. But for one handed twirls, nothing will catch your hand to stop it. It moves smoothly and would be an excellent sparring weapon.

Overall: Very pleased with this lightsaber. It's not flashy, or gaudy. It's a lightsaber. An elegant weapon for a more civilized age.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cyran Azor, Choos, FailedJedi

Disciple 12W Red with Brown Wrap-Warrior(No Sound) 2 years 1 month ago #10105

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1055
Sounds like a fantastic saber!

As for the balance issue you noted, I have wondered if a 32" blade in a saber like that would be a better balance?

If this saber is like the other Apprentice sabers, it is a little shorter, and slightly thinner than their Elite counterparts. So, in my mind, it follows that the length, and weight of a 37" blade would put a little too much out in front of the emitter.

What do you think? I ask for my own edification in case I get the Consular, which is on my most wanted list, and if a 32" would be a better fit for it, then I will go that route from the start.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

Disciple 12W Red with Brown Wrap-Warrior(No Sound) 2 years 1 month ago #10108

• Knight Errant
  • Thank you received: 1
Do you have any pictures? I'm hopefully ordering a Disciple myself and I like to see what others decided to go with.

Disciple 12W Red with Brown Wrap-Warrior(No Sound) 2 years 1 month ago #10134

• Crackensan
First link in the OP has the pictures.

I did order a 32" blade as a back up. It just shipped out so I'll report back on it when I get it and try it out.

Disciple 12W Red with Brown Wrap-Warrior(No Sound) 2 years 1 month ago #10136

• Choos
  • Thank you received: 10
Looks fantastic.. Were you not a bit worried though about leaving an activated lightsaber on your bed that it could have burned all the way through to the floor?

Disciple 12W Red with Brown Wrap-Warrior(No Sound) 2 years 1 month ago #10138

• Crackensan
I'm a Sith Lord. Cortosis weave comforter. Gotta watch out for those apprentices who try to kill you in your sleep. :D
The following user(s) said Thank You: Choos
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• [FOR SALE] Rogue Armory P... (1 Posts)
    • Price: $575USD Includes Express Shipping within Australia & Contiguous US (lower 48) only. Plus...
    • [FOR SALE] Korbanth K4 AN... (1 Posts)
    • Price: $450USD Includes Express Shipping within Australia & Contiguous US (lower 48) only. Plus...
    • BIG Thank You to Jas-Ot! (1 Posts)
    • I just got my ASP saber back from having electronics installed by Jas-Ot, and I can't stress enough...
    • [FOR SALE] Graflex 2.0 ES... (1 Posts)
    • Price: $450USD Includes Express Shipping within Australia & Contiguous US (lower 48) only. Plus...
    • Your top 10 "must ha... (13 Posts)
    • As for my top 10: 10. Darth Maul Staff 9. Qui Gonn (Guardian, or Deep Groove variant) 8. ANH Luke...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5202
  • Latest Member: latwasprzedaz102
  • Total Posts: 55.8k
  • Total Topics: 4642
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 4
  • Yesterday Open: 0
  • Today Answer: 3
  • Yesterday Answer: 6