Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Katana.
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Katana (review by CrudeSword)

Katana (review by CrudeSword) 1 year 10 months ago #17817

• crudesword
Got it on Friday (although it originally arrived at Thursday and I wasn't there it get it at home, my fault)

Specs (thought that a lot of reviewers did this):

Class: Champion
Hilt Option: Katana
Finish: Standard
Additional Feature: Red LED Activation switch
Blade Color: 12W Deep Blue (as purchased)/ 12W Mint Green
Tsuba: SF Phoenix
Blade Plug: Weathered
Blade Length Option: 37"

The hilt is great. Good design and pretty balanced on gripping. Pretty heavy when added with a blade.

Now time to ignite my saber!

If the people from SaberForge is wondering why I have a mint green blade, instead of the deep blue blade is because I ordered a mint green LED unit earlier before my Katana was made and shipped, so don't worry, it is what it is. To compensate that:

I also want to comment why I bought the Katana is because not only it is based on a "real-life katana", but a sparring weapon also resembles to this. Comparing this to a Shinai (Kendo bamboo "sparring" sword).

The similarities are right there. From grip to blade, nearly everything cylindrical. To lightsaber fanboys/fangirls and Kendo enthusiast, this is a great saber to have for fun. They can do their own duelling or "shiai". Here is a good idea with this saber (just imagine) since someone has done this already and I believe a lot of people has saw this.

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Katana (review by CrudeSword) 1 year 10 months ago #17819

• Dr. Anthropologist
  • Premium Member
  • Hope is not lost today. It is found
  • Thank you received: 32
Congrats on the hilt! I think an old game said it best with the quote: "You're winner!" XD. The Katana surely is a beautiful and magnificent hilt and the mint green looks amazing with it.
"You can do this. Within you is the heart of a champion"

Katana (review by CrudeSword) 1 year 10 months ago #17856

• Darth Servius
  • Thank you received: 7
Congrats! I ordered a Katana also (should be receiving it sometime next week) same tier but different blade color (light blue) and I went with a standard finish with Black Stingray wrap. I wish I had requested a red activation button like you did though but I wasn't sure if that would be possible.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Saberforge DIY parts (5 Posts)
    • 6061 series aliminum, we drew it on AutoCad and then we had a company in China make it. Grips and...
    • Saberforge Prodigal Son (2 Posts)
    • 1. Yes, but for anything more than "just gets brighter on clash", you'd need to use a mixed or...
    • The Wait Begins 4.0 (743 Posts)
    • Quote: Quote: One my my sabers just shipped. Ordered on 6/8 and shipped 6/27. That's pretty darn fast! Just...
    • Saberforge DIY parts (5 Posts)
    • I like it. Without all of those knobs and stuff hanging off of it, it's bound to be more...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5269
  • Latest Member: RonnieHag
  • Total Posts: 56.2k
  • Total Topics: 4695
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 0
  • Today Answer: 9
  • Yesterday Answer: 15