Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: ETSY shop better?

ETSY shop better? 1 year 4 months ago #13120

• GreyFox
  • Thank you received: 1
I am quite confused. The ETSY shop does not have the particular lightsaber I want but it does seem to have a much better bang for your buck. I have also heard that you may receive your saber earlier from there rather than through the store.

So what is the catch? The warrior saber on the ETSY includes

Tier 2: WARRIOR 12w

-Includes CNC machined 6061 saber handle, with blade plug, and covertech knob.
-Includes 12w LED, and V4 infinity edge blade.
-Includes In hilt recharge, kill key, and 3A smart charger.

Is this not a lot more than what you normally get ie you get a 6w, no plug, no kill key or recharge. :S

Basically this just seems too good to be true or am I just being a noob and don't know what I am talking about :P
Last Edit: 1 year 4 months ago by GreyFox.
The topic has been locked.

ETSY shop better? 1 year 4 months ago #13121

• Miraluka
  • Platinum Member
  • "Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is."
  • Thank you received: 75
You do get blade plugs with normal warriors but not recharge. If the listing title says 12w than featuring a 12W LED isn't surprising.
Can you link the specific listing?

ETSY shop better? 1 year 4 months ago #13122

• GreyFox
I was just looking at the Bane lightsaber B) https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/236560132/bane-v2-curved-custom-led-saber-similar?ref=shop_home_active_1

ETSY shop better? 1 year 4 months ago #13125

• Miraluka
  • Platinum Member
  • "Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is."
Well, I've never heard of them offering recharge on warriors but that listing is also more $$$ than a normal warrior costs.

ETSY shop better? 1 year 4 months ago #13127

• janus
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 28
I guess it's not threaded pommel, and can't remove batteries easily.
They offer in hilt recharge for warrior tier only on this hilt. And price went up :)
Own: Descent Hero RGBA
Luxeon converted Hasbro Darth Maul FX
Ultrasabers Guardian
Juggernaut warrior
The following user(s) said Thank You: Miraluka

ETSY shop better? 1 year 4 months ago #13129

• GreyFox
Do you guys think I should buy off the ETSY shop?

I originally wanted a disciple weathered red sith saber which is about £95 off the SF site but then I heard of the ETSY site but sadly the disciple weathered cannot be purchased .......then I saw it ......the Bane ..... well :evil: :evil: the sith side within me fell in love with it. I then realised it was £160 lol however I also noticed the 12w, charger, kill key etc and the idea that the ETSY can get your saber to you in weeks!

My friends purchased a epoch last night off the SF site and it will not arrive until November!!

So basically I am wondering What do you guys think is better Getting a Weathered 12w Disciple for £95 and maybe having to wait months or a Weathered 12w Bane for £160 in weeks. :unsure: I like both equally and would most likely get Red or Indigo.

ETSY shop better? 1 year 4 months ago #13130

• Elf121
iam still waiting on mine but my friend just got his was suppose to be a warrior consular 12watt red he opend it to find a deciple 12watt orange for the first bit we thought it was mine cause i got a deciple yellow 12watt but when he turend it on it was orange and in the email he got it confirmed it he got a consular
The power of the dark side is an illness no true Sith would wish to be cured of

ETSY shop better? 1 year 4 months ago #13132

• Elf121
but defs get a ban even tho u r sith get unweathered version look amazing ps not all sith have wreathed sabers
The power of the dark side is an illness no true Sith would wish to be cured of

ETSY shop better? 1 year 4 months ago #13134

• janus
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 28
Ordering through Etsy will let you get one saber for a month, not a week B)
And sometimes Etsy lineups will update, fortunately diciple may come.
Nobody knows :whistle:

As for the Bane, many people have been waiting for it and jumped in already.
Own: Descent Hero RGBA
Luxeon converted Hasbro Darth Maul FX
Ultrasabers Guardian
Juggernaut warrior

ETSY shop better? 1 year 4 months ago #13136

• GreyFox
Hmmmm I am really on the fence with this one. I mean having to wait till November seems a no go but if the Etsy does not shorten the delivery by much then maybe the SF site is the best option.

As regards to Unwethered, I know Siths don’t all have weathered sabers but IMO weathered looks bad ass and makes the saber look more sinister. I would have liked a Bane that had a shinier silver coat (Like count dookus') but the photo makes the silver look more matte so for me a weathered looks better.
Last Edit: 1 year 4 months ago by GreyFox.

ETSY shop better? 1 year 4 months ago #13140

• Miraluka
  • Platinum Member
Not all siths have weathered (black) sabers is an understatement... off the top of my head, I don't know any sith with all black hilts... I mean, how many black hilts have there been?
Pre Vizsla... ... ... uh, Pre Vizsla...
Last Edit: 1 year 4 months ago by Miraluka.

ETSY shop better? 1 year 4 months ago #13141

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 381
Aaaaaand to point out the obvious, not a sith. Black hilts pop in the EU though albeit infrequently.

ETSY shop better? 1 year 4 months ago #13143

• Miraluka
  • Platinum Member
h2soy wrote:
Aaaaaand to point out the obvious, not a sith. Black hilts pop in the EU though albeit infrequently.

Right. I got that part =P

Miraluka wrote:
off the top of my head, I don't know any sith with all black hilts...

Although I think Darth Maul had that saber for a while, didn't he? And maybe Sidious? I dunno. I forget where it ends up.

ETSY shop better? 1 year 4 months ago #13145

• GreyFox
Miraluka and h2soy Do you think a Bane would look better in Red or Indigo?

ETSY shop better? 1 year 4 months ago #13146

• Therraforce
Ends up with Darth Daul, while Sidious does defeat maul I don't believe he takes the blade.

ETSY shop better? 1 year 4 months ago #13148

• Andrew Ford
  • Premium Member
  • There is passion, yet peace. There is serenity, yet emotion. Chaos, yet order.
  • Thank you received: 17
That's a surprisingly good point. All the Sith in the Star Wars movies seem to have shiny and polished hilts. Darth Maul's was kept in good condition for the most part (till it was cut in half and dropped down the bottom of a pit like it's owner), Dooku's Lightsaber also had a bit of a sheen to it and don't get me started on Sidious'. His hilt was bloody pristine.

I think the EU is probably the best place to look for weathered Lightsaber hilts. The only person I can think of in the movies who has a battered Lightsaber hilt is Kylo Ren's.

Bowties are cool... And so are Lightsabers!

ETSY shop better? 1 year 4 months ago #13149

• Miraluka
  • Platinum Member
GreyFox wrote:
Miraluka and h2soy Do you think a Bane would look better in Red or Indigo?

It's hard to dispute that it's a Sithy hilt. I'm a believer in Sith using colors other than red for individuality, but honestly... red.

ETSY shop better? 1 year 4 months ago #13150

• Miraluka
  • Platinum Member
Andrew Ford wrote:
That's a surprisingly good point. All the Sith in the Star Wars movies seem to have shiny and polished hilts. Darth Maul's was kept in good condition for the most part (till it was cut in half and dropped down the bottom of a pit like it's owner), Dooku's Lightsaber also had a bit of a sheen to it and don't get me started on Sidious'. His hilt was bloody pristine.

I think the EU is probably the best place to look for weathered Lightsaber hilts. The only person I can think of in the movies who has a battered Lightsaber hilt is Kylo Ren's.

Battered, but still not black. The SF weathering is kinda, you know... black... with a smidgen of not-black.

ETSY shop better? 1 year 4 months ago #13153

• Andrew Ford
  • Premium Member
  • There is passion, yet peace. There is serenity, yet emotion. Chaos, yet order.
  • Thank you received: 17
Mhh, good point. Maybe that photo wasn't the best example. It seems to be an almost black colour in some pictures and then a metallic gun-metal grey kind of finish in others.
Bowties are cool... And so are Lightsabers!

ETSY shop better? 1 year 4 months ago #13155

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 381
Red. Got to go with the red at least with the weathered hilt. I think dark blue/indigo would look great with a non-weathered.
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• V1 Silver Knight SF|Story... (15 Posts)
    • Quote: Quote: I can't read any more of your threads. I always end up wanting to spend more money! :lol: Great...
    • Kylo Ren & Knights of... (14 Posts)
    • Awesome idea on the headphone jack and the blades look amazing. For the sound, is this similar to...
    • Thin-Neck Dark Ravager De... (8 Posts)
    • Quote: :woohoo: You had me with Thin neck. Great build HotRod, sucks about the exposed threads, maybe it's...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4620
  • Latest Member: oniti
  • Total Posts: 48.8k
  • Total Topics: 3647
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 112
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 5
  • Today Answer: 15
  • Yesterday Answer: 54