Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Casting of the Curved Hilt Suggestion

Casting of the Curved Hilt Suggestion 2 months 4 days ago #66305

• Cel Prime
  • Thank you received: 1
Just a quick suggestion.. Why not hide the casting seam in a design element of the Sabers for example the Vanquish and a line cast down the middle of the side which would have been a perfect place to seam it together without leaving the lines on the top and the bottom wear it was put together You could even cast a notch in one side and a groove in the other to make it seamless.
Example

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/3LyhSWopQrXPGxA7MVSkp9oylmOENpQ9a0jpUxyC9p9FjGuEKtTjiaRzGc_NB4-daHwpUm9QXo16_44=w1920-h995

I you need a straight line you could add something like that line on top and have the full grips on the side with no seam line.
Last Edit: 2 months 4 days ago by Cel Prime. Reason: Image
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Casting of the Curved Hilt Suggestion 2 months 4 days ago #66309

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 843
The Bane was SF's first attempt at a curved hilt, and I think they did a pretty good job, considering the complexity of the design elements. That said, the Vanquish showed that they are ever honing their craft, as it showed improvements in the areas you mentioned. Also, it was announced awhile back that there will be a v2.0 Bane that will incorporate those changes, so keep watching!

All that said, my son has a Bane, and while the seam is noticeable if you are looking for it, it is not so wide that it grabs all the attention from the other wonderful aspects of this saber. There have been cases where the assembly varied a little from hilt to hilt, leaving some with a more noticeable seam than is ordinarily the case. In these cases, a little disassembly showed that there was a wire, or some other small object caught between the pieces keeping them from seating correctly, and reassembling with that situation taken care of produced a much better effect.

I cannot recommend doing this yourself if you are not familiar with these techniques, because doing so would almost certainly void your warranty. However, if you saber is still under warranty, and you feel this might be the case with it, contact Customer Service (This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. ), and ask if it would be possible to RMA it to have it checked out. Likely, they would want to see pictures to determine if this is a normal seam, or an exaggerated one that warrants an RMA.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

Casting of the Curved Hilt Suggestion 2 months 4 days ago #66315

• Cel Prime
  • Thank you received: 1
I guess they did an okay, but @ 150 dollar for an empty hilt I just expect more then okay. All they have to do with the next one is make sure to design it with the seam camouflaged into the design and I'm sold. Depending how much the Solo Body is I might get the Vanquish if its becomes available. But I would have to wrap or bondo and paint but thats the perfectionist in me talking.

Casting of the Curved Hilt Suggestion 2 months 4 days ago #66319

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 381
Pretty much ALL the hilts can be modified in major or minor ways to our preferences. I'm currently sanding down the body on a Vanquish to get it to match the pommel and emitter in a more uniform manner. It all boils down to personal preference.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Soundboard shortages (2 Posts)
    • Naigon on Nov 2: Quote: Unfortunately due to an unforeseen issue in securing one part for the board, the...
    • V1 CR Princess SF|Story..... (14 Posts)
    • Quote: Fantastic Princess OvrcAHst! I didn't know there was a crystal version. Nice. This was one of the...
    • V1 CR Princess SF|Story..... (14 Posts)
    • Fantastic Princess OvrcAHst! I didn't know there was a crystal version. Nice. This was one of the...
    • ASP Katana "Akuma Ki... (9 Posts)
    • Very nice. And quite unique. I've seen a couple of the samurai and ninja re-imaginings of Vader and...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4551
  • Latest Member: DamirDM
  • Total Posts: 49.2k
  • Total Topics: 3707
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 112
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 4
  • Today Answer: 7
  • Yesterday Answer: 27