Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Quick Connect question

Quick Connect question 1 year 4 months ago #14199

• AzianB
Hey guys. As you all know I just ordered my Acolyte. I have a question however. I ordered it without quick connect. Now I was planning to change the color of the LED to a different color. The etsy and the main site both offer an option that you can get a quick connect with the LED. Would it still connect even if I didn't order a quick connect initially with my saber? Idk if I understand quick connects fully lol. Also (sorry for the amount of questions), I tried unscrewing the retention screws and taking out the LED but it I can't fully take it out. I can't even see the wires (that's how short of a distance I an pull out). Should I keep pulling to see or just leave it alone? And is it cuz I didn't order the quick connects with my saber or it's just stuck and can never change the color now?
I need more POWER!!
The topic has been locked.

Quick Connect question 1 year 4 months ago #14200

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 843
Sabers that are ordered with "Quick Connect" come with sufficient length of wire to allow the LED module to be pulled clear of the emitter, and a small connector is placed on the wires that separate easily, so that you can swap the module out with another that has the same connector.

If you have some electronic expertise, you could add your own quick connector. I have heard folks say that they have done it. It just depends on what you feel comfortable doing on your own. If you are not confident that you can do it for yourself, you could ask one of the guys who specialize in saber mods to do it for you.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

Quick Connect question 1 year 4 months ago #14201

• AzianB
Lol I don't know anyone who can mod. So I'm stuck with red huh? Should've ordered it with quick connects. I've learned my lesson ha...ha.

Can I ask you a question that's not related to quick connects? It's about those blade plugs. Are they compatible with an Acolyte saber? Cuz I've heard these blade plugs are too big or too small for certain hilts.
I need more POWER!!

Quick Connect question 1 year 4 months ago #14204

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
There are lots of people out and about who can add quick connects to your saber... darth mario comes to mind. :)

The "elite" model blade plugs (ones with the machined metal tops) do not fit in the acolyte and disciples. The plug has a lip on it and it hits the emitter and will not go into the hilt.

Quick Connect question 1 year 4 months ago #14253

• DarthMario95
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 201
Knytiri speaks truth.
"Always a pleasure to meet a Jedi…"

Quick Connect question 1 year 4 months ago #14260

• Brax
  • Administrator
So let it be written....

Quick Connect question 1 year 4 months ago #14268

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 381
......so say we all?

Quick Connect question 1 year 4 months ago #14270

• Brax
  • Administrator
I would have responded "So let it be done", but yours works well too! Quotes from different generations.
Last Edit: 1 year 4 months ago by Brax.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Soundboard shortages (2 Posts)
    • Naigon on Nov 2: Quote: Unfortunately due to an unforeseen issue in securing one part for the board, the...
    • V1 CR Princess SF|Story..... (14 Posts)
    • Quote: Fantastic Princess OvrcAHst! I didn't know there was a crystal version. Nice. This was one of the...
    • V1 CR Princess SF|Story..... (14 Posts)
    • Fantastic Princess OvrcAHst! I didn't know there was a crystal version. Nice. This was one of the...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4551
  • Latest Member: DamirDM
  • Total Posts: 49.2k
  • Total Topics: 3707
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 112
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 4
  • Today Answer: 8
  • Yesterday Answer: 27