Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: First time saber buyer!

First time saber buyer! 8 months 5 hours ago #22539

• weallgotissues
  • Thank you received: 7
Hiya, first time saber buyer here.

With the new star wars movie and my year long browsing the interwebz for different sabers I finally jumped in and ordered one. I just put in my order off the main site because I wasn't aware of etsy at the time. I ordered the Gladiator Champion tier, 12w Arctic blue saber(I know I'm a light side sap) B) .

I was wondering (in a dumbed down and more detailed version than the post about it) the differences in the 12w and 12w+ and which one people prefer andor if it's worth worrying about?!? I've also heard a lot of mixed reviews on pretty much every place to order sabers and ultimately went with saberforge because the hilts here are just superior looking in my opinion. From what I understand wait time is anywhere up to around 16 weeks from the main site. Is there any possibility of getting it sooner or is the wait time pretty static?!? Do you guys think I made a good combo and saber choice?!?

Thanks for answering my questions and if I got anything wrong let me know... I'll post agian once I get my saber with my silly version of a review ;)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

First time saber buyer! 8 months 5 hours ago #22541

• Darth Malik
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 11
Orders of the main site are looking at a 14-16 week lead time currently. Not to say your order will fall in that time frame, it could be earlier or later, it's an ESTIMATE. Repeat, it's an ESTIMATE, SaberForge makes no guarantees on lead times, they work their best to get sabers out as quickly as possible with the amount of orders they get. It's a small company serving a growing community.

It may still be possible to cancel your order on the main site and order it on Etsy, but that's something you will have to contact SaberForge directly for. The lead times on Etsy are a little shorter (6-9 weeks) so that's a plus, but there's less customization options.

As far as your order goes, the 12W+ is definitely a great upgrade if you have the money to spare, but 12W is still very bright. When it comes down to it, the saber is yours, so all that matters is if YOU like it. Everybody has a different taste in sabers, you'll come to learn that here. Get what makes you happy!

Don't get caught up waiting for your saber, and don't be expecting it to come soon. Place the order, then try and forget about it. If you don't, you'll drive yourself crazy.

Also I really recommend reading the FAQ, it has a lot of information (a lot of which I reiterated in this post) that will likely answer a lot of your questions!

Welcome to the community :)
Last Edit: 8 months 5 hours ago by Darth Malik.

First time saber buyer! 8 months 4 hours ago #22549

• Dark Jedi Zero
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 4
Welcome to the forum!
Might I start by pointing you in the direction of the fourm FAQ which should answer all of those questions, along with some you probably didn't know you had!

First time saber buyer! 8 months 4 hours ago #22552

• weallgotissues
Thx for the replys. I have read the FAQ but some times it's nice to hear things from people. I feel like the information in more up-to-date that way. =)

First time saber buyer! 8 months 58 minutes ago #22556

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
Wait, so i, the author of said faq, am not a person? o.0

I also do a pretty decent job of keeping it up to date, tho some of the information is just information and doesn't change as time goes on.

First time saber buyer! 7 months 4 weeks ago #22576

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 708
Oh gawds! You have atracted the gaze of the ever present Kyntiri! Just back away slowly, making no sudden movements! :P
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

First time saber buyer! 7 months 4 weeks ago #22579

• weallgotissues
I also do a pretty decent job of keeping it up to date
Thanks =P
Oh gawds! You have atracted the gaze of the ever present Kyntiri! Just back away slowly, making no sudden movements!
Slides back into the shadows*

First time saber buyer! 7 months 4 weeks ago #22585

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
Maaaann... everywhere I go, people sliding into shadows... or asking me for free sabers. There's no inbetween! :P

First time saber buyer! 7 months 4 weeks ago #22590

• Faethien
  • Elite Member
  • Judge me by my size, do you?
  • Thank you received: 22
Knytiri wrote:
Maaaann... everywhere I go, people sliding into shadows... or asking me for free sabers. There's no inbetween! :P

Can I have a free shadow saber?
:woohoo:

First time saber buyer! 7 months 4 weeks ago #22625

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 708
Not looking for a free saber. In fact, I am looking forward to just being a customer that you will be communicating with via official channels when I buy my next saber...hopefully in the first quarter of 2016. By then, hopefully the Regal parts will be available via ASP and 12w+ LEDs will be more of a standard.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

First time saber buyer! 7 months 4 weeks ago #22627

• weallgotissues
..hopefully in the first quarter of 2016. By then, hopefully the Regal parts will be available via ASP and 12w+ LEDs will be more of a standard.

Yea depending on how this whole process goes on my first purchase and how I feel about the saber I get. I'll definitely be interested in the ASP shop with my dark sided saber in mind. B)
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4333
  • Latest Member: Jedi_master_515
  • Total Posts: 42.8k
  • Total Topics: 3122
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 104
  • Today Open: 1