Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: How to install/adjust the blade tip?

How to install/adjust the blade tip? 2 years 2 months ago #10174

• kshbug
I just received my first two Saber Forge sabers. I ordered them from Etsy on March 27th, and they arrived May 2nd.

I got the 12W LED Champion Edition Avenger and the 12W LED Champion Edition Redeemer, both in deep blue (my costume is EPIII Obi-Wan). These are my first custom sabers. I have the entire set of old Master Replicas sabers, and the SF are by far superior.

The hilts themselves are great. My only question so far is about the blade and bullet shaped blade tip. You can't really notice from a distance, but up close the blade tips on both blades are slightly crooked. One side of the blade tip is flush with the blade, and the other side gaps a few millimeters. It's enough to put my finger nail in anyway.

How do you remove and reinstall the tip so that it is flush and in a way that won't damage the blade or tip? The SF page for the blade says it is threaded, but no amount twisting seems to move the tip. The difficulty gives me confidence that the tip won't fall out easily during use, but I also would like it to be straight.

(I tried hitting it with a hammer too. The tip didn't move, but the blade took the beating!)
The topic has been locked.

How to install/adjust the blade tip? 2 years 2 months ago #10176

• Miraluka
  • Platinum Member
  • "Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is."
  • Thank you received: 75
You won't be fixing it. The tip is threaded and glued in place. I have an infinity blade with a very noticeable gap, so I know it sucks.

Best I can say is better luck next time.

How to install/adjust the blade tip? 2 years 2 months ago #10177

• FailedJedi
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 7
That hammer part at the end cracked me up.

I can't say this wouldn't void your warranty or that you haven't already with that hammer and I've never owned a SF saber so I've no personal experience with these tips but you might try this:

wrap something around the tip to protect it like a piece of leather or at least something sufficient enough to protect the tip from marring when you're using the channel locks on the tip to untwist it. If you've never used channel locks just play around with them until you get how they should be used. They are meant to work directionally it is usually intuitive but I've seen people not used to tools using them all wrong plenty of times.

Work-out the way you're going to hold the blade in one hand and use the tool in the other. The direction needed to loosen the tip and knowing the orientation of the tool required beforehand(righties and lefties do things differently) will help greatly. Make sure to adjust the channel locks so that the gap between the teeth or the "mouth" is open enough so not to crush the tip. Make sure it is adjusted properly and don't do anything you aren't sure about. Someone else will chime in hopefully so until then I'd hold off on anything you don't want to ruin your stuff.

How to install/adjust the blade tip? 2 years 2 months ago #10178

• FailedJedi
  • Premium Member
Miraluka wrote:
You won't be fixing it. The tip is threaded and glued in place. I have an infinity blade with a very noticeable gap, so I know it sucks.

Best I can say is better luck next time.

you wrote this while I was writing mine I was hoping someone would chime in. Do you know what type of glue is used?

How to install/adjust the blade tip? 2 years 2 months ago #10212

• Miraluka
  • Platinum Member
  • "Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is."
I don't know what glue they use but I've never heard of anyone getting these tips off.

I was hoping they'd replace my blade because of the defect but that didn't happen. Oh well.

How to install/adjust the blade tip? 2 years 2 months ago #10217

• FailedJedi
  • Premium Member
Thanks for info Miraluka

It might be hard to get a totally flush fit with these screw on tips as a defect of the screw threads.

Do they still sell the old style blade and tip? If so go that route and sell/trade the one you have to someone who needs spares or something.

How to install/adjust the blade tip? 2 years 2 months ago #10230

• kshbug
Thanks for the replies. I guess for now I will just have to deal with it being crooked.

How to install/adjust the blade tip? 2 years 2 months ago #10242

• Miraluka
  • Platinum Member
It's possible to get it right. I have one that sits flush. Just the 1, though.

How to install/adjust the blade tip? 2 years 2 months ago #10251

• Mournblade
One of my blades had the same problem with a 1 mm gap all the way around. It sounds like they may have a quality control issue with that part of the process. Probably worth them looking into it.

How to install/adjust the blade tip? 2 years 2 months ago #10266

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
I suppose I've been fortunate. Only one blade I've ever gotten had a gap on the tip, and it was so small I couldn't fit even a fingernail into it. But, as for fixing it, if you want, I suppose you could try heating the tip to some extent (tho this may damage the internal film as well, so I would use caution if you try it) to loosen the tip and then channel locks like previously suggested to see if you might be able to work it loose and try to rethread the tip.

How to install/adjust the blade tip? 2 years 2 months ago #10271

• Bannou Neko
  • Thank you received: 11
I have same problem, but I order 2 blades(I always get spare parts), the one has gap I use that for practice, another one use for display!

How to install/adjust the blade tip? 2 years 2 months ago #10285

• DarthMario95
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 201
I know that on some of the V4 blades, there will be a tiny gap between the tip and the blade, my guess is that's due to some of the tips being just a little too long with the threading, as can happen in every one out of a thousand or so anytime you mass produce something like the tips or blades, minuscule variations in machinery alignment will result in some that are just a hair too thick/thin/long/short, etc. Nothing really to be done about this.

As for the tips being crooked, it seems to me that this was an issue with how the tips were threaded on by the saber techs. I recommend emailing This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. to see if you can send your blades back with an RMA form in exchange for new blades with properly threaded tips.
"Always a pleasure to meet a Jedi…"

The following user(s) said Thank You: Cyrusred, FailedJedi

How to install/adjust the blade tip? 2 years 2 months ago #10303

• Miraluka
  • Platinum Member
Well, like I said before, I emailed SF when I got that blade to ask if they would replace it and they wouldn't, so I don't feel like they would do it now. I suppose anything is possible, though.

Here is the one I'm talking about

Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by Miraluka. Reason: Photo

How to install/adjust the blade tip? 2 years 2 months ago #10306

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1095
That defect looks like enough to get their attention. Perhaps if you send that photo with the e-mail, it would give them a better idea of the degree of the deviation from spec.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

How to install/adjust the blade tip? 2 years 2 months ago #10312

• Miraluka
  • Platinum Member
I sent them multiple photos including this one in the email.

When I said anything is possible, I meant the OP, Mournblade or Neko could email them to see if they'd do something about it. I've given up hope on SF doing anything about mine.
Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by Miraluka.

How to install/adjust the blade tip? 2 years 2 months ago #10326

• Miraluka
  • Platinum Member

How to install/adjust the blade tip? 2 years 2 months ago #10328

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
I've purchased and possessed about... 9 or 10 different SF hilts and blades, and like I said I've only ever had one come that was misthreaded on. Maybe I'm just lucky with it, lol.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5307
  • Latest Member: RobdertHeX
  • Total Posts: 56.3k
  • Total Topics: 4718
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119