Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Oracle Hero Tier: (Green/Amber)

Oracle Hero Tier: (Green/Amber) 1 year 1 week ago #59850

• Froboy696
  • Thank you received: 14
Ordered: Feb 22, 2016
Shipped Date: June 09, 2016
Arrival Date: June 11, 2016

Well it is finally here. After months of painfully waiting, it finally arrived. Now there was the expected 'parts storage' that is often heard. So this was actually delayed for 3 weeks. Now I chose the Oracle because I thought that it would be appealing as both a single handed weapon for shoto/dual handling purposes and for stronger welding purposes.

It is simply beautiful in my opinion.

Really comfortable to hold, it's really a piece of art. Now I am sure you noticed the lack of a wrap on it; I honestly did not find it that appealing on this particular saber. I know that a lot of you would disagree with me but it's just a personal opinion of mine with this saber.

Oddly enough, the saber when combining Green and Amber makes the saber's 3rd option (both colors combined for a 3W third color) into a lighter Green. Now while not 'lime green', it stands out enough to where you can see a difference between this green and the standard green that it has by default.

Here is me posing with each color at a time (Green and Amber):

Safe to say, I am pretty happy with my new saber. It's beautiful and I am happy to have brought this wonderful saber. Now I won't say that it's worth the wait as it's up to you. Maybe it'll be shorter with lead times in the future, but who knows.

Here's me actually reviewing it:

Last Edit: 1 year 1 week ago by Froboy696.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: =Ottomatix=, OvrcAHst, DK44

Oracle Hero Tier: (Green/Amber) 1 year 1 week ago #59853

• DK44
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 137
Awesome saber Froboy696! I agree with you, i like the Oracle without the wrap--it looks sleek, and the more i see that amber color the more i love it--beautiful color! Excellent review! Congrats & Enjoy! And thank you for your service!

Oracle Hero Tier: (Green/Amber) 1 year 1 week ago #59855

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1602
Nice Hero, Great Oracle Froboy696. For the record and not just to go against the grain (which I like to do), I agree with your decision to go wrap-less rather than wrapped. IMO the smooth anodised Body surface compliments the textured knurled switch housing better especially during transition. While this comment is coincidental to, it is still independent to the fact I am not of 100% acceptance of wrapped Hilts. Maybe this will change. By default as the Body is relatively short and when wrapped I imagine the change between the two is too big a contrast. Aesthetically it looks better too. I was surprised to (partially) see the combined colour of 6Green/6Amber but still great choice with Green and more so with Amber.

IIRC, a while back when you were enquiry your Sabers for Jar Kai, did you end up ordering Archon too? The names you're looking for are Allen Key/Hex wrench and Blade Plug/Emitter Plug. ;) Blade Plug sometimes brings a different meaning to the end caps used when storing the blades separate to the Hilt.

The wait was long however am glad you finally have it. Congratulations and Thank you for sharing.

Oracle Hero Tier: (Green/Amber) 1 year 1 week ago #59907

• Froboy696
OvrcAHst wrote:
Nice Hero, Great Oracle Froboy696.
IIRC, a while back when you were enquiry your Sabers for Jar Kai, did you end up ordering Archon too?

No I decided to juggle my options; since we have sabers for sale at a consistent rate, I am going to see what comes first because I don't want to wait that long for it. At least not yet so maybe not now for the Archon when considering the lead times.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

Oracle Hero Tier: (Green/Amber) 1 year 1 week ago #59908

• Muns
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 132
Great saber, congrats! And it looks pretty good without the wrap.

Oracle Hero Tier: (Green/Amber) 1 year 1 week ago #59920

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
Thanks for the great review. I like the unique color combination you chose. Also, not sure if you knew this or not, but you can change the config on the saber to require you to hold the Aux key down when you twist for the color change if that bothers you. It has to be done by removing the SD card and changing the settings. Before you do ANYTHING, always backup the entire sd card in your saber first to a folder on your computer. That way, if it all goes sideways, you have a working copy.

You can either get the config editor from Naigon's site or go into the config and change the scTwst=1 for each font in the sconfig.ini file. This may require you to download and update the latest firmware from Naigon's site ( remove your dat folder on your sd card and copy the dat directory from the newest files on his site onto your sd card).

I found the twist with Aux key nice.

Enjoy your awesome Oracle!

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted
The following user(s) said Thank You: Froboy696

Oracle Hero Tier: (Green/Amber) 1 year 1 week ago #60143

• Froboy696
HotRod wrote:
Thanks for the great review. I like the unique color combination you chose. Also, not sure if you knew this or not, but you can change the config on the saber to require you to hold the Aux key down when you twist for the color change if that bothers you. It has to be done by removing the SD card and changing the settings. Before you do ANYTHING, always backup the entire sd card in your saber first to a folder on your computer. That way, if it all goes sideways, you have a working copy.

You can either get the config editor from Naigon's site or go into the config and change the scTwst=1 for each font in the sconfig.ini file. This may require you to download and update the latest firmware from Naigon's site ( remove your dat folder on your sd card and copy the dat directory from the newest files on his site onto your sd card).

I found the twist with Aux key nice.

Enjoy your awesome Oracle!

Interesting. But I am going to play it safe and not even remove the card. XDD

But I will take it into account when I one day customize my own saber.

Oracle Hero Tier: (Green/Amber) 1 year 1 week ago #60203

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
I completely understand and do not blame you. I did the same. I played with a board first before I ever removed my SD card from my saber. It's quite addictive now, though. :-)

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted

Oracle Hero Tier: (Green/Amber) 1 year 6 days ago #60552

• JediLCD
  • Thank you received: 9
Great review, and honestly I am totally for the no wrap hilt, I don't really like the wraps in general, and I think it is nice to see what it looks like without wrap, so thanks. Also I think that the little flash of green you mentioned (I noticed while you were on the amber idk if it happened elsewhere) I think that is supposed to be like if the saber clashes with another saber it flashes, anyways great job, I hope to see another review soon maybe on that Arcon (that probs isn't how you spell it but whatever)
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• FS: SaberForge Fallen (5 Posts)
    • Folks, The Fallen is one sweet saber, especially the way this one has been equipped! $400 is an...
    • Dark Brown Leather Wraps (2 Posts)
    • I have the dark brown wrap on my Gladius. Here's a pic for comparison. Hope it helps you out. I...
    • Custom Phoenix (7 Posts)
    • Awesome! Love that blade plug. Welcome back NeBosa! :)
    • Korbanth Dv6- it is point... (1 Posts)
    • So this was my weekend relaxation project this week, I scored this on EBay for 190, which included a...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5267
  • Latest Member: Maniax001
  • Total Posts: 56.1k
  • Total Topics: 4693
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 3
  • Today Answer: 1
  • Yesterday Answer: 13