Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: Not sabers exactly, but my humble collection

Not sabers exactly, but my humble collection 1 year 10 months ago #42823

• Master Dain
  • Thank you received: 36
I thought I'd share my "primary" collection with you folks - not as bright as the sabers around here, but still pretty shiny!

Most of my sword collection is comprised of katana, which come from companies like Cheness, Ronin Katana, and the SBG Custom Sword Shop.

The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Neesh Kedoo

Not sabers exactly, but my humble collection 1 year 10 months ago #42824

• Master Dain

I also have a number of european and other styles of swords from companies like Windlass, Hanwei, and Valiant Armoury, including a couple of custom ones.

Thanks for looking! I'll be happy to field any questions you may have. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: For Tyeth, Neesh Kedoo

Not sabers exactly, but my humble collection 1 year 10 months ago #42831

• Artair
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 75
Wow thats an impressive collection.

Are they mainly for display or do you practice any martial arts?

Which is your favorite piece of your collection?

Kickstarter ASP backer 1641
2 champ ASPs and a Bane.

Not sabers exactly, but my humble collection 1 year 10 months ago #42837

• Snakeeyz99
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 188
Master Dain wrote:
Thanks for looking! I'll be happy to field any questions you may have. :)

Where did you get that Elucidator and Dark Repulsor? 'Cuz those are niiiiiice.

Not sabers exactly, but my humble collection 1 year 9 months ago #42853

• Master Dain
Artair wrote:
Wow thats an impressive collection.

Are they mainly for display or do you practice any martial arts?

Which is your favorite piece of your collection?

Thanks!

They are mainly for display, though I do cut and practice with them. I have martial arts training but it was many years ago - I don't think it "counts" anymore...

I have a few favourites, mostly just in different categories... My favourite katana is my SBG Custom, which I did in an ocean theme:

My favourite european/fantasy is a Valiant Armoury Warder sword (inspired by the Wheel of Time series) with custom leather colours:

Glad you like them!
Snakeeyz99 wrote:
Where did you get that Elucidator and Dark Repulsor? 'Cuz those are niiiiiice.

Just off of Amazon actually - they aren't good for much besides display or cosplay but I like the look of them!

Not sabers exactly, but my humble collection 1 year 9 months ago #43584

• OvrcAHst
  • Thank you received: 1716
@Master Dain
I thought I'd share my "primary" collection with you folks - not as bright as the sabers around here, but still pretty shiny!

Not as bright but still very shiny indeed. It may be worth adding 'but extremely sharper too'.
A very expansive collection. My comment on the other Thread (after seeing this now) was just a teaser much like an iceberg tip. So glad you decided to Post a New Topic and share your outstanding collection (the rest of the iceberg). Excellent!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Master Dain

Not sabers exactly, but my humble collection 1 year 9 months ago #45021

• Master Dain
OvrcAHst wrote:
@Master Dain
Not as bright but still very shiny indeed. It may be worth adding 'but extremely sharper too'.
A very expansive collection. My comment on the other Thread (after seeing this now) was just a teaser much like an iceberg tip. So glad you decided to Post a New Topic and share your outstanding collection (the rest of the iceberg). Excellent!

I missed this comment (been sick the last several days) - thanks! There are a few that didn't make it into the pictures and about a dozen more I've owned over the years that I sold to make room for more swords. I also sold one of my favourites recently to help buy my wife a new Macbook Pro - those suckers are expensive!

Not sabers exactly, but my humble collection 1 year 9 months ago #45023

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
  • "Either in belief or doubt, if I lean to one of these sides, my reaction time will be dulled if my heart thinks the opposite of what I choose."
  • Thank you received: 207
Let me just say that as an aspiring swordsman, I absolutely love your collection. Don't know if I said that already, but who cares if I did!

Emerald Knight, Chosen, Dark Paladin, Sentinel

Not sabers exactly, but my humble collection 1 year 9 months ago #45063

• Master Dain
Eddlyss64 wrote:
Let me just say that as an aspiring swordsman, I absolutely love your collection. Don't know if I said that already, but who cares if I did!

Thanks Eddlyss64 - glad to meet a fellow swordsman. :) Do you also have a collection of blades in addition to your lightsaber(s)? Would love to see yours as well.

Not sabers exactly, but my humble collection 1 year 9 months ago #45067

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
  • "Either in belief or doubt, if I lean to one of these sides, my reaction time will be dulled if my heart thinks the opposite of what I choose."
Master Dain wrote:
Do you also have a collection of blades in addition to your lightsaber(s)? Would love to see yours as well.

I wish. No, unfortunately I have highly protective parents who won't let me handle anything more dangerous than a steak knife. Hopefully that'll change on my golden birthday this spring, but until then, I don't.

However, I do have a collection (as well as an itinerary) of custom wooden swords that I make using a jigsaw. Right now that's the best I got besides my two Ultrasabers.

Not sabers exactly, but my humble collection 1 year 9 months ago #45070

• NeBosa
  • Platinum Member
  • Do no harm, but take no shit.
  • Thank you received: 300
These are all that remain of a larger collection I once had. (No longer own the SF Katana either)

The ones that remain displayed are the Shirasaya in my kitchen above the cabinets.

And the Paul Chen displayed in my room.

And yes… those are a pair of Sai in the corner…
Last Edit: 1 year 9 months ago by NeBosa.

Not sabers exactly, but my humble collection 1 year 9 months ago #45072

• Master Dain
Eddlyss64 wrote:
I wish. No, unfortunately I have highly protective parents who won't let me handle anything more dangerous than a steak knife. Hopefully that'll change on my golden birthday this spring, but until then, I don't.

However, I do have a collection (as well as an itinerary) of custom wooden swords that I make using a jigsaw. Right now that's the best I got besides my two Ultrasabers.

It takes talent to make wooden swords - with a jigsaw no less! Good for you for doing that. Woodworking is a very useful skill to have. I'd be curious to see what you've made - is it mostly practical training stuff, or have you carved yourself a Buster Sword out of an old door? ;)

When your birthday comes around, or even before, feel free to drop me a line to ask about sword stuff. I've been collecting for almost a decade and have learned a fair bit about the industry, which brands are reputable, that sort of thing. I'd be happy to offer some input if you'd like while you are planning your first sword (and second... and tenth...)

Not sabers exactly, but my humble collection 1 year 9 months ago #45077

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
Thanks! I'll be sure to shoot you some questions when I need answers!

As for sword designs, the majority of my projects I chose to be used in case of a break in or for light training. I make a lot of swords from Fire Emblem and other such media. I even made a kukri for a friend of mine and I've got a wooden knuckle in the works.

I'd personally see the Buster Sword as a 'massive' waste of resources (not to mention I hate Cloud as a character and in Smash Bros.). However, I've made a couple more zany designs. I made a 51" Monado from Xenoblade Chronicles for another friend of mine:

A future project of mine is to make Uncle Qrow's sword from RWBY Volume 3. Clocking in at 50" long and a bit under 8" at its widest point, this sucker may end up bigger than the Monado.

Last Edit: 1 year 9 months ago by Eddlyss64.

Not sabers exactly, but my humble collection 1 year 9 months ago #45079

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
The other one...

Not sabers exactly, but my humble collection 1 year 9 months ago #45082

• Master Dain
NeBosa wrote:
These are all that remain of a larger collection I once had. (No longer own the SF Katana either)

The ones that remain displayed are the Shirasaya in my kitchen above the cabinets.

Sorry, I missed your post above - love the katanas. I'm something of a katana person myself. :) At one point I owned a Hanwei Golden Oriole, which I sold at a very reasonable price to prepare to buy a different Hanwei... right before their factory burned to the ground. So I could no longer afford a Hanwei since they all went up in price. Oh, well. Them's the breaks.

Eddlyss64 wrote:
Thanks! I'll be sure to shoot you some questions when I need answers!

As for sword designs, the majority of my projects I chose to be used in case of a break in or for light training. I make a lot of swords from Fire Emblem and other such media. I even made a kukri for a friend of mine and I've got a wooden knuckle in the works.

I'd personally see the Buster Sword as a 'massive' waste of resources (not to mention I hate Cloud as a character and in Smash Bros.). However, I've made a couple more zany designs. I made a 51" Monado from Xenoblade Chronicles for another friend of mine:

A future project of mine is to make Uncle Qrow's sword from RWBY Volume 3. Clocking in at 50" long and a bit under 8" at its widest point, this sucker may end up bigger than the Monado.

Sounds awesome. I've never watched RWBY but have heard good things about it... maybe I'll give it a try. What kinds of swords do you think you will be going for when you can?

Not sabers exactly, but my humble collection 1 year 9 months ago #45088

• Darth Vexing
  • Elite Member
  • Some sentients aren't after anything logical. Some sentients just want to watch the galaxy burn.
  • Thank you received: 90
That's a veritable armory you've got there. With some armor, you'll be all set if we ever run out of gunpowder and explosives.
I am chaos in order's guise.

Not sabers exactly, but my humble collection 1 year 9 months ago #45089

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
I'd like to put at least one falchion in my collection. I've recently gotten into kendo with my revival of saber love, so I'd also like to grab a katana or two.

Also, watch RWBY. The first two volumes are good, but the third is where things start heating up and get really damn good. That's all I'm saying...

Last Edit: 1 year 9 months ago by Eddlyss64.

Not sabers exactly, but my humble collection 1 year 9 months ago #46498

• Aidzer0
  • Thank you received: 16
NeBosa wrote:

That is one amazing collection you guys have, Master Dain WOW must have taken you ages to collect all.

And NeBosa, always a big fan of your taste!

Not sabers exactly, but my humble collection 1 year 9 months ago #46520

• Ramaloke
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 33
Very nice collection, I seem to find myself in good company. I have collected swords myself over the years from Japan and Europe styles, even a historical civil war saber. Probably close to 20 now and a few wooden practice blades. Probably one reason that a high quality light saber from SF was such a drawl.

Thanks for sharing!

Not sabers exactly, but my humble collection 1 year 9 months ago #46943

• Darth-Revan
  • Platinum Member
  • Ruler of the Waiting Guild: Round N Round is the motto, Up and Down will you follow?
  • Thank you received: 123
Awesome collection my friend! Very impressive. You're lucky to have all that space for swords, Katanas and others. I wish I had that much space myself. Sadly, I have to do with what I have.

That being said, I too have a few swords... Nothing compared to you, but a few hehe. I have a Katana, a Wakizachi, Anduril (Aragorn's Sword, LOTR), the Witch King's Sword (LOTR) and Frostmourne from World of Warcraft:

"Honor is a fool's price. Honor is of no use to the dead."

- Custom SaberForge Monarch
- Vader's Vault REV-N Elite + Graflex
- Korbanth Kylo Ren
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Weathering practice (1 Posts)
    • [attachment] While I wait for my new sabers to arrive, I thought I'd kill some time by trying some...
    • First Lightsaber, what el... (6 Posts)
    • Champion 3.0 ASP cones with energy vibration included and if you go the ASP rout abut put it...
    • 1 year warrenty, energy vibe and garenteed done right is worth the money imo
    • DIY 12w+ : $19.99 Lens : $ 5.99 Heatsink : $ 9.99...
    • Disassembly?? (2 Posts)
    • As another new member, I have this question too. Does anyone know what SF uses to glue their parts...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6260
  • Latest Member: LightSideSpiderSteve
  • Total Posts: 62.8k
  • Total Topics: 5280
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 136
  • Today Open: 3
  • Yesterday Open: 7
  • Today Answer: 17
  • Yesterday Answer: 31