Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: New Korbanth Flex 2.1 shipment

New Korbanth Flex 2.1 shipment 2 months 4 weeks ago #74185

• Jas-Ot
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 266
Just got my new Flex 2.1 in from Krobanth's latest run - this was a replacement run for the "bad" one that happened a few months back. Generally happy with the hilt, except the bunny ears are bent and there's a few rough spots from the machining (not terribly uncommon with the Flex 2.x hilts). This is the first one that's come across my desk that has bent ears though. Anyone have any experience re-aligning the bunny ears that could offer some suggestions for a good re-alignment?

I'll also reach out in Graflex Addicts FB group. Worst case, I'll ask Randy if he can replace it with one that has straight ears.

The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66

New Korbanth Flex 2.1 shipment 2 months 4 weeks ago #74186

• Vechaljian
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 129
https://www.graflexshop.com/cart/index.php?route=product/product&path=59&product_id=65

I ordered one of these to replace mine, I had done a Flex 2.0 with a 1 inch VV and decided I didn't like the way the ears sat, how difficult the blade plug and blade fit, and wanted a 7/8 back. at that point I had bent the ears to fit the new 1 inch blade, when I bent it back to original position it had a wave. But to do it I removed the ears and split them, using a straight edge up the inside with some none grip jewelers pliers (they have no teeth) I bent it lightly until it was back to the original position, you had to really look to see it wasn't perfect, but It was my flex and I knew it wasn't perfect, hence I ordered the set above.

I have a couple from the scratch and dent sale I ordered to do some cheap duelers with basic chassis, I'll look at the ears tonight if they are straight and not blemished can always trade you a set, for your bent set. wont matter for these if they are not perfect.
Last Edit: 2 months 4 weeks ago by Vechaljian.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jas-Ot

New Korbanth Flex 2.1 shipment 2 months 4 weeks ago #74187

• Jas-Ot
  • Platinum Member
I think I'm going to keep it. Pretty confident I can fix the ears. Trying to decide what to do with this one.

I have plans for another Flex to go with a 1" blade adapter, and an ANH config, and be the "beater" flex.

This one will be more of a shelf queen. Leaning towards ESB or even TFA for it. I have another ESB flex, but that's getting built for a client.

Anyway....

Here's my thoughts...

ESB it - accuracy mods (mylar tape, screws, red button replacements, Wanawanga D-ring, Slothfurnace card, maybe some Wanawanga grips)

Spark color 2 or Prizm

Trying to decide on LED - two main options are - RGB (cyanish main blade, white FOC) or good ole B/B/W

anyhoo - opinions are welcomed.

New Korbanth Flex 2.1 shipment 2 months 4 weeks ago #74188

• Jas-Ot
  • Platinum Member
Vechaljian wrote:
https://www.graflexshop.com/cart/index.php?route=product/product&path=59&product_id=65

I ordered one of these to replace mine, I had done a Flex 2.0 with a 1 inch VV and decided I didn't like the way the ears sat, how difficult the blade plug and blade fit, and wanted a 7/8 back. at that point I had bent the ears to fit the new 1 inch blade, when I bent it back to original position it had a wave. But to do it I removed the ears and split them, using a straight edge up the inside with some none grip jewelers pliers (they have no teeth) I bent it lightly until it was back to the original position, you had to really look to see it wasn't perfect, but It was my flex and I knew it wasn't perfect, hence I ordered the set above.

I have a couple from the scratch and dent sale I ordered to do some cheap duelers with basic chassis, I'll look at the ears tonight if they are straight and not blemished can always trade you a set, for your bent set. wont matter for these if they are not perfect.

I'll check that out and see what I can do, otherwise, may take you up on the trade.

New Korbanth Flex 2.1 shipment 2 months 4 weeks ago #74189

• Jas-Ot
  • Platinum Member
Going to go with the ESB shelf queen plan....

The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66

New Korbanth Flex 2.1 shipment 2 months 4 weeks ago #74198

• Vechaljian
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 129
both the bunny ears on the S&D ones I got are bent in the same manner, guess it was just the way they were with that run.

New Korbanth Flex 2.1 shipment 2 months 4 weeks ago #74207

• DK44
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 137
I just got mine from this latest run also--no blemishes, no bent ears, but mine arrived missing the "side tab" & screw. I emailed Randy and he thought he might have an extra one to send me.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Saberforge DIY parts (5 Posts)
    • 6061 series aliminum, we drew it on AutoCad and then we had a company in China make it. Grips and...
    • Saberforge Prodigal Son (2 Posts)
    • 1. Yes, but for anything more than "just gets brighter on clash", you'd need to use a mixed or...
    • The Wait Begins 4.0 (743 Posts)
    • Quote: Quote: One my my sabers just shipped. Ordered on 6/8 and shipped 6/27. That's pretty darn fast! Just...
    • Saberforge DIY parts (5 Posts)
    • I like it. Without all of those knobs and stuff hanging off of it, it's bound to be more...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5269
  • Latest Member: RonnieHag
  • Total Posts: 56.2k
  • Total Topics: 4695
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 0
  • Today Answer: 9
  • Yesterday Answer: 15