Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Sound upgrade questions (Economy Soundboard)

Sound upgrade questions (Economy Soundboard) 6 months 2 weeks ago #67217

• Dorgen
First of all, sorry for my bad english.

Well, I have some questions in mind about upgrading a 12w or a 6w SF warrior saber with a hasbro economy soundboard.

Frist one: Is is a way (Mabye with resistors/transistors) to keep the full 12w or the 6w led light using this kind of soundboard? I don't mind about the flashing though. Also, may someone please make some kind of wiring doodle with the correct pieces for it? I'd thank that a lot.

Second one: Is there any way to connect the soundboard to the same battery as the LED but not to the led itself, and make it work properly? I guess that would take at least a second switch (One momentary, and the other latching).

The last question is about the soundboard itself: Can you make a hasbro economy soundboard work without beign connected to a led? That ties up to the previous question.

Well, that's it. Hope you can understand it. If you need any other
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Sound upgrade questions (Economy Soundboard) 6 months 2 weeks ago #67235

• Kouri
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 584
As for a diagram, this one should work for any standard Economy board since 2010:

While it specs a 4.5v battery pack, anything from a 3.6v Lithium-ion to a 5v USB bank should work, though the lithium-ion is probably what you're interested in. The board will only pull

The recommended transistor is a Tip42C since it can handle up to 6A. I've personally tested it with one-up Crees, Tri-Crees, and a SF 6W+. It should work fine with a 12W+.

The board will function just fine without an LED connected. If you want to disable light while keeping sound, you could install a latching switch on one of the LED wires - it doesn't matter if it's the positive or negative wire. Alternatively, you can wire in a quick-connect after the transistor and unplug the LED at any time.

Sound upgrade questions (Economy Soundboard) 6 months 2 weeks ago #67256

• Dorgen
Woah. Well, thanks a lot for the fast and detailed response :) I'll try this out as soon as my saber arrives, so, wish me luck! I may post again when I get It (or not) to work.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Finally received some ASP... (5 Posts)
    • I bought a assortment of internal snap rings and orings, but I'm pretty sure they are either 1"1/16...
    • Themed Sabers (765 Posts)
    • Hello Everybody, A few months back a new computer game was launched by the name of Dishonored 2 and...
    • My first two of many! (1 Posts)
    • Weathered Champion tier Venom in Deep Red "All Black' Champion Black Lotus in Indigo [attachment] ... [attachment]
    • FOR SALE LS6 Gullwing, Cr... (1 Posts)
    • I am in on the pre order for Korbanth's LS6, Crossguard and Sid run which will be delivered in the...
    • Finally received some ASP... (5 Posts)
    • Quote: I use both a o-ring between the speaker and pommel and a internal snap ring against the o-ring to...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4815
  • Latest Member: StephenIsota
  • Total Posts: 54.2k
  • Total Topics: 4398
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 3
  • Yesterday Open: 4
  • Today Answer: 12
  • Yesterday Answer: 35