Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Sabercore vs Nano Biscotte v3 vs Petit Crouton v4

Sabercore vs Nano Biscotte v3 vs Petit Crouton v4 5 months 3 weeks ago #68236

• juka sunrider
Hello Forum,

I am locking for help. I bought an Ultrasaber about 2 years ago, i like the sound of the obsidian soundboard but something burns out under this horrible black rubber which is all over it. I was completle shocked when i opened the saber, everything hang loose in the barrel and it barley fits into the hilt. But i really like the hilt so i decide to go on with the hilt but to build a chassis and complete new electronics in it.
I have basic electronic skills and not complete new in saberbuilding (i build a saber with an NB v3 and flash on clash months ago)

Now i'm searching for the right soundboard, i defininatly want no obsidian again. My goal is to build a maximum bright saber with a tree or quad cree led and every four or three dies together, i dont want flash on clash, lock up or blasterblock effects wound be cool but they are not necessary.
There are three soundboards in my mind
the Nano Biscotte and Petit Crouton (by plecter labs)
and the sabercore (by saberforge)

I just worked with the Nano Biscotte not the other two, so there are my questions:
Does a petit crouton (7,4v setup and on board led driver) really makes the blade noticeable brighter than the nano biscotte (3,7v setup with resistors) ?
And how bright is the saberforge setup in comperison?

thank you for answers and sorry for my bad english
jan
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Sabercore vs Nano Biscotte v3 vs Petit Crouton v4 5 months 3 weeks ago #68238

• Kouri
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 584
PC won't be any brighter than an NB until the battery gets low - PC stays constant, NB starts to dim. Sabercore is direct-drive, same as NB, and should have similar brightness.

You'll be fine with a Tri-Cree if you don't want FoC. There's no benefit in brightness with a fourth LED. SF 12W+ are comparable. Though you'll need a $62 Color Extender board to have enough LED drivers for each diode on the star - PC only has the one driver built-in.
The following user(s) said Thank You: juka sunrider

Sabercore vs Nano Biscotte v3 vs Petit Crouton v4 5 months 3 weeks ago #68241

• juka sunrider
Thank you for the fast answer :)
You meen the plecter Labs Power extander or?
(nice that the plecter Labs Parts are a Bit cheaper in europe B) )
Do I also need a Power extander if i go on with the sabercore board and a 12w led by saberforge?
I'm a bit confused because i never see one in the wirring diagramms i found?

Sabercore vs Nano Biscotte v3 vs Petit Crouton v4 5 months 3 weeks ago #68242

• SuUpberSith
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 101
How to say this?????? NB is better, 3 fonts opposed to 1. Sabercore has some issues, but wrong place to go into detail. The sound on sabercore is eh, but if you do go that way Crimson is the better sounding option, of the 2 SF sound cards. Spark 2, which isn't but around 10$ more than NB, kicks both of their rears
Rev-N Elite VV, Dark Ardent VV
Monarch SF, Reborn SF
Weathered Dark Acolyte VV
Korbanth, Graflex, K4
Tempest Elite VV
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Securing PnP kit (10 Posts)
    • You'll likely find that the PnP Kit will be snug enough already (Kit OD against the Hilts ID). If...
    • Finally received some ASP... (1 Posts)
    • Today I received my Venom body and Jade Fire pommel, both in standard finish. I was afraid that the...
    • Hi OOBram, The difference with Heat Shrink and Bubble Wrap is that Heat Shrink is in close contact...
    • Is static electricity an issue, when the pnp kit is shrinkwrapped already?
    • The only pnp kit I have is a hero kit, and the saber its in is so crammed in there that I used some...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4815
  • Latest Member: StephenIsota
  • Total Posts: 54.2k
  • Total Topics: 4396
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 4
  • Today Answer: 7
  • Yesterday Answer: 35