Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: Venomous Fury Declawed-Anyone interested in pics?

Venomous Fury Declawed-Anyone interested in pics? 2 years 2 months ago #18540

• Zeddicuus
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 41
I was idly curious about this concept. What does the VF look like without the shroud?

I removed it, but didn't even think of taking pics. If anyone is interested in seeing this I'll try to get some pictures tonight of it to show what it looks like without that wicked shroud on it.

To be honest it kinda tames down the dark/grey jedi appearance without those claws on it.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Venomous Fury Declawed-Anyone interested in pics? 2 years 2 months ago #18541

• Broll
  • Premium Member
  • Attatchment is forbidden. Possesion is forbidden. Compassion, which I would define as unconditional love, essential to a jedi's life. So you might say, that, we are encouraged to love.
  • Thank you received: 22
I'm always interested in pics :woohoo: :woohoo: :evil: :whistle: :ohmy: :dry: :dry:
Sabers owned:
  1. Non-SF Hilt-only ANH Luke
  2. Kickstarter ASP (Champion)
  3. Venom (Champion) [Wife's]
  4. ASP (Hero)
  5. Arbiter (Initiate)

Venomous Fury Declawed-Anyone interested in pics? 2 years 2 months ago #18545

• McCloud
  • Thank you received: 3
Yes pics indeed!

Venomous Fury Declawed-Anyone interested in pics? 2 years 2 months ago #18547

• Bietr Krrob
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 13
I would deff be interrested in those pics.

Venomous Fury Declawed-Anyone interested in pics? 2 years 2 months ago #18556

• Zeddicuus
  • Elite Member
Here are those images without the shroud.

You can see a couple marks where the retainer screw to hold the shroud on connects to the unit. I scratched it up a bit under the shroud by not removing the retention screw entirely. Not that the these kind of minor scratches would ever get seen with the shroud on. I think it looks kinda neat with the shroud off but still prefer it with all the pieces in place. Losing the shroud did offset the balance point a bit since you removed some weight, so keep that in mind if anyone decides to try this out.
Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by Zeddicuus.

Venomous Fury Declawed-Anyone interested in pics? 2 years 2 months ago #18559

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
(just a sidenote... please see the first part of this thread about posting non-review threads in review forums...

As an additional PSA, guys... the posting NON-REVIEW topics in the REVIEW forums is getting out of hand. Quite a few of the topics in the Open Topics (where they should be posted) I've moved there from other places. Let's be a little conscious of where we're posting things. :)

That being said...

Ew. Put the shroud back on! I really really dislike the fury emitter without the shroud on... just... stunted, to me. :(

Venomous Fury Declawed-Anyone interested in pics? 2 years 2 months ago #18564

• Zeddicuus
  • Elite Member
Whoop! Sowwies! I had a couple of tabs open and must've hit new topic in the wrong one :huh: I will definitely try to be more careful.

I thought it looked kind of neat, but yeah, I prefer it with the shroud on. Typically I'm not one for a lot of decoration so the plain emitter actually appeals to me a bit.

At least now people have an idea of what it looks like before they attempt to remove theirs though. I'd sooner leave it on myself from now on. Maaaaybe remove it at halloween if I just plan to clip it to my belt so I don't accidentally rip one of the kidlet's trick-or-treat bag haha.
Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by Zeddicuus. Reason: early morning grammar is fun.

Venomous Fury Declawed-Anyone interested in pics? 2 years 2 months ago #18567

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
I dunno what it is abouthe the plain emitter it just literally hurts me to see it lol. It's just so... weird.

Venomous Fury Declawed-Anyone interested in pics? 2 years 2 months ago #18603

• Bietr Krrob
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 13
Zeddicuus thanks for the insight into what the saber looks like without the shroud. It was interresting to see, but I deff plan on keeping my shroud on now lol.

Venomous Fury Declawed-Anyone interested in pics? 2 years 2 months ago #19006

• Cghinds
  • Thank you received: 1
I like the options to be able to remove it but I prefer it with the shroud

Venomous Fury Declawed-Anyone interested in pics? 1 year 10 months ago #33536

• RotundChap
  • Elite Member
Thanks for the pics! I love the VF and being able to see the emitter, and more importantly, where the blade actually connects to the hilt is great. From the stock SF/etsy pics, it looks like most of the blade's weight and support is coming from the shroud.

The emitter is very "plain" (for lack of a better term) and looks better with the shroud.

Can you post a pic of how much of the blade slide into the shroudless emitter? I plan on doing some heavy dueling with my saber and want to make sure it can stand the abuse.

Thanks!!

Venomous Fury Declawed-Anyone interested in pics? 1 year 10 months ago #33595

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1701
@Zeddicuus
The Fury Shroud is the most prominent and notable feature, removing it seems pointless. However as a Shroudless hilt, it does streamline the appearance (weight balance aside) and looks ideal for spinning (or as a substitute for sporting relay events :P ).

I am curious though. I like the Fury (solely for the Shroud) & the Venom (for the grenade grip and choke shine-through). The combination that equals the Venomous Fury works however it renders the choke shine-through obsolete. Now I have pondered the idea of getting a stand-alone Fury and a stand-alone Venom only if the removable Fury Shroud was compatible onto a Venom (claws removed, much like the relay-batton pictured).

Don't suppose you could entertain my theory by telling me what the inside diameter of the Shroud is?
(will have to come across someone else to determine the outer diameter of the Venom emitter)

Venomous Fury Declawed-Anyone interested in pics? 1 year 10 months ago #33700

• RotundChap
  • Elite Member
I like the way you think, Ouin! I love the grenade grip of the Venom which is why i'm ordering a Venomous Fury. OR I'd go for the Venom if the claws on the emitter are removable, showing off the shine-through section just above the choke and giving it a sleeker look IMHO.

Here's a saber I built on the saberparts.com site. It sounds like you could have some fun there too. There's something about the grenade grip with the simple yet badass points on the Reborn (sold on the etsy store) emitter that made me fall in love with this build.

http://www.saberparts.com/#/configure?code=4.140.1.0-3.109.1.0-2.57.1.0-1.34.1.0-7.152.11.0-5.142.0.0
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

Venomous Fury Declawed-Anyone interested in pics? 1 year 10 months ago #33759

• Zeddicuus
  • Elite Member
Hey folks, sorry it took so long to get back to this!

I do agree the saber looks much better with the shroud. I removed it merely as a curiosity and posted the pics for those that would get curious. The blade does indeed get its support from the emitter, not the shroud itself.

I will attempt to get an image of how much blade fits in the emitter within the next couple of days. Getting a measurement of the inner diameter should be pretty simple as well, once I get some time to do so.

The grenade grip really does work well, I really like it.

**EDIT** Inner diameter of the shroud is 1.5" and 1.75" of the blade slides into the emitter. I can get photos is people want but it wouldn't show a lot really.
Last Edit: 1 year 10 months ago by Zeddicuus. Reason: added measurements.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

Venomous Fury Declawed-Anyone interested in pics? 1 year 10 months ago #34034

• RotundChap
  • Elite Member
Zeddicuus wrote:
Hey folks, sorry it took so long to get back to this!

**EDIT** Inner diameter of the shroud is 1.5" and 1.75" of the blade slides into the emitter. I can get photos is people want but it wouldn't show a lot really.

AWESOME! Thank you!!!

Venomous Fury Declawed-Anyone interested in pics? 1 year 8 months ago #48619

• RyanRising
  • Platinum Member
  • How hard can rocket science be anyway?
  • Thank you received: 143
I have a Venomous Fury, and there is no screw on the shroud. In fact, the shroud appears to be threaded on, as well as the blade retention screw being moved. Did I miss something?
The above post may be subject to editing. A lot of editing.

Venomous Fury Declawed-Anyone interested in pics? 1 year 8 months ago #48620

• Zeddicuus
  • Elite Member
Mine was built before ASP came out (late 2015), so maybe there are differences. But if you look on the opposite side of the blade retention screw you should find another. this allows removal of the shroud.

My retention screw for the blade is on the opposite side of the claws, with the shroud screw under the claws in the shroud.

The threaded portion is for the emitter, not the shroud. At least, on my model it is.

I do not know if they changed things for ASP for this unit.
Last Edit: 1 year 8 months ago by Zeddicuus.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RotundChap, RyanRising

Venomous Fury Declawed-Anyone interested in pics? 1 year 8 months ago #48648

• RyanRising
  • Platinum Member
Zeddicuus wrote:
Mine was built before ASP came out (late 2015), so maybe there are differences. But if you look on the opposite side of the blade retention screw you should find another. this allows removal of the shroud.

My retention screw for the blade is on the opposite side of the claws, with the shroud screw under the claws in the shroud.

The threaded portion is for the emitter, not the shroud. At least, on my model it is.

I do not know if they changed things for ASP for this unit.

There is no screw on my shroud. While I have no doubt my emitter is threaded on, so is the shroud on my lightsaber. The blade retention screw is in the black part between the first and second silver rings below the shroud, and has no screw on the opposite side. So yeah, things have changed because of ASP.

Venomous Fury Declawed-Anyone interested in pics? 1 year 8 months ago #48651

• Darth-Revan
  • Platinum Member
  • Ruler of the Waiting Guild: Round N Round is the motto, Up and Down will you follow?
  • Thank you received: 123
Ryan-Rising wrote:
There is no screw on my shroud. While I have no doubt my emitter is threaded on, so is the shroud on my lightsaber. The blade retention screw is in the black part between the first and second silver rings below the shroud, and has no screw on the opposite side. So yeah, things have changed because of ASP.

I remember SF saying all their sabers were gonna be adapted to be ASP compatible. Same goes for all their upcoming sabers we know nothing about hehe. It was to be expected.
"Honor is a fool's price. Honor is of no use to the dead."

- Custom SaberForge Monarch
- Vader's Vault REV-N Elite + Graflex
- Korbanth Kylo Ren

Venomous Fury Declawed-Anyone interested in pics? 1 year 8 months ago #48708

• RyanRising
  • Platinum Member
So it is. I have to wonder, though, if the movement of the retention screw down on the hilt the source of the blade wobble I had before I wrapped tape around the blade. Any thoughts?
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• help please. (2 Posts)
    • If the battery is long drained from absence of killkey and no charger (prior to the current one...
    • Happy Thanksgiving (4 Posts)
    • Quote: No using sabers to carve the turkey, though. That's cheating. :lol: But... [image]
    • Happy Thanksgiving (4 Posts)
    • Happy Thanksgiving to one and all. No using sabers to carve the turkey, though. That's cheating....
    • First Saber, advice neede... (7 Posts)
    • Cheers, a good picture always clears things up! Looking again, I'd say the 04 Pommel might even be...
    • First Saber, advice neede... (7 Posts)
    • It'll look a bit like this. A while ago I threw some ASP Couplers with the Pommel 02 onto my...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6011
  • Latest Member: Darth Umbra Albis
  • Total Posts: 61.9k
  • Total Topics: 5156
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 134
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 6
  • Today Answer: 4
  • Yesterday Answer: 52