Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Champion Crystal Guardian & Initiate DIY WIP

Champion Crystal Guardian & Initiate DIY WIP 7 months 3 weeks ago #68439

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 490
I received my Crystal Reveal Guardians. One is a Champion Tier and the other is an Initiate. Both were coincidentally the last of its respective kind at Etsy during the time of purchase by me. Some quick observations include

- Both have two drilled holes each, and spaced such that it is not possible to see the holes when the emitter is turned (in any direction) or if removed. The holes hide well out of sight. This pleasantly contradicts the picture I posted in my post #67161 where the holes are visible. Maybe that was an early prototype for the photos?

- There were little factory metal dust / finish along the threads. Nothing that I could not easily brush away with a brush (I used a clean shoe shine brush). Moreover, repeated turns of the emitter do not create new dust along the threads.

- My Champion hilt's recharge port sits just far enough such that I can plug in a recharge plug easily without rubbing against the covertec (i.e. the recharge plug-kill-key is wide enough to literally just about avoid making contact with the covertec).

- Switch sits perfectly level with the flat grooves.
"I am the Senate"
Last Edit: 7 months 3 weeks ago by Execute66.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

Champion Crystal Guardian & Initiate DIY WIP 7 months 3 weeks ago #68443

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1601
Execute66 wrote:
I received my Crystal Reveal Guardians. One is a Champion Tier and the other is an Initiate. Both were coincidentally the last of its respective kind at Etsy during the time of purchase by me.
Wait! :huh: So a loaded CR Guardian and an empty CR Guardian? What are the plans with surface mods for the empty besides board install?
Some quick observations include
- Both have two drilled holes each, and spaced such that it is not possible to see the holes when the emitter is turned (in any direction) or if removed. The holes hide well out of sight. This pleasantly contradicts the picture I posted in my post #67161 where the holes are visible. Maybe that was an early prototype for the photos?

- There were little factory metal dust / finish along the threads. Nothing that I could not easily brush away with a brush (I used a clean shoe shine brush). Moreover, repeated turns of the emitter do not create new dust along the threads.

- My Champion hilt's recharge port sits just far enough such that I can plug in a recharge plug easily without rubbing against the covertec (i.e. the recharge plug-kill-key is wide enough to literally just about avoid making contact with the covertec).

- Switch sits perfectly level with the flat grooves.
Where's Eddlyss64 or =Ottomatix= when you need them around, to say: Pictures Son or it didn't happen!? :lol:

Sounds like you got delivered with what and how they should be. :)

Champion Crystal Guardian & Initiate DIY WIP 7 months 3 weeks ago #68445

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
Thanks, video later when the installation is done with the Initiate.

There is something about the Champion Guardian's speaker that is exceptionally loud (even on the soft setting). And we have quite a few Champions around to compare, this one is louder than average.
"I am the Senate"

Champion Crystal Guardian & Initiate DIY WIP 7 months 2 weeks ago #68527

• KiakahiSonic7
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 70
Execute66 wrote:
I received my Crystal Reveal Guardians. One is a Champion Tier and the other is an Initiate. Both were coincidentally the last of its respective kind at Etsy during the time of purchase by me.

You monkey!!! I was just about to grab one! You suck, dude. Hahaha. I'm just kidding around, but, seriously, I was just about to get one when I saw the listing had been removed. I guess I gotta go with the regular Guardian. But, congrats, Ex66 (and, by extension OvrcAHst). You gonna do a video review of the Crystal Guardian so I can see its fine points on camera?
Last Edit: 7 months 2 weeks ago by KiakahiSonic7.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66

Champion Crystal Guardian & Initiate DIY WIP 7 months 2 weeks ago #68529

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
KiakahiSonic7 wrote:
.... You gonna do a video review of the Crystal Guardian so I can see its fine points on camera?

Thanks, KS. Shall do my best not to disappoint you.
"I am the Senate"

Ho-ho-ho, Santa's Red & Green 6 months 2 weeks ago #69628

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
Dang this looks good! Now the installation shall commence .... Commander Cody, execute installation 66 ....

"I am the Senate"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brax, KiakahiSonic7
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Unnamed ASP (14 Posts)
    • That's an awesome design, Rennek! Congrats on a fantastic saber!
    • Unnamed ASP (14 Posts)
    • Haha! I think I do more of the swearing AT it! Thanks for your help, anyway!
    • Unnamed ASP (14 Posts)
    • Hi Rennek, That's ok, just thought I'd ask. I imagine you could still rotate and resave them....
    • Unnamed ASP (14 Posts)
    • Probably because your PC reads the file info and orients them correctly when they're displayed...
    • Unnamed ASP (14 Posts)
    • Thanks for the suggestion, For. I'm using Windows 10, but the images are only inverted after I post...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5212
  • Latest Member: Ran
  • Total Posts: 55.8k
  • Total Topics: 4652
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 3
  • Today Answer: 0
  • Yesterday Answer: 16