Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Blade stock for blade plugs?

Blade stock for blade plugs? 5 months 3 weeks ago #70038

• Rennek
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 34
Hey guys. I ordered some 1" OD thin-walled clear poly tubing from Amazon to use for some crystal chamber blade plug, and when I got it, it took a bit of sanding to get it to slide easily in and out of the emitter, and even after I buffed it, it still wasn't as clear as I'd like. So, my question is does anyone know if the clear blade stock from the custom saber shop fits loosely enough to slide out of an emitter like the Saberforge blade plugs, or is it also a tight first like what I already have? Thanks for any help you guys may be able to provide.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Blade stock for blade plugs? 5 months 3 weeks ago #70040

• Jas-Ot
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 250
Rennek wrote:
Hey guys. I ordered some 1" OD thin-walled clear poly tubing from Amazon to use for some crystal chamber blade plug, and when I got it, it took a bit of sanding to get it to slide easily in and out of the emitter, and even after I buffed it, it still wasn't as clear as I'd like. So, my question is does anyone know if the clear blade stock from the custom saber shop fits loosely enough to slide out of an emitter like the Saberforge blade plugs, or is it also a tight first like what I already have? Thanks for any help you guys may be able to provide.

yeah, the TCSS blade stock fits perfectly. This assumes your hilt's ID isn't thinner than 1"

Blade stock for blade plugs? 5 months 3 weeks ago #70041

• Rennek
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 34
Thanks Jas. I'll be making plugs for my Bastion and for my Anakin with the Custom Saber Shop conversion kit. I had to really force the stuff I got from Amazon to fit into the Bastion, and I couldn't get it into my Anakin saber at all.

Blade stock for blade plugs? 5 months 3 weeks ago #70045

• Kouri
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 608
TCSS Bladeholders (conversion kits included) are tighter than everyone elses. Even the TCSS bladestock is going to have a tight fit in that Anakin.

When I need loose-fitting plugs for TCSS emitters, I cut up the blades leftover from my own MR conversions.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rennek
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Question - SF Vanquish Wi... (9 Posts)
    • Quote: The SF Vanquish is compatible with ASP emitters and pommels. Only the switch section is permanently...
    • Need help (2 Posts)
    • Are you sure it's not Yellow? Amber is 4x Amber LEDs, no green in them. SF Yellow is 3 Amber, 1...
    • Your top 10 "must ha... (8 Posts)
    • OK, I'll play. 1. TFA Graflex 2. Ep. II Anakin 3. Mace Windu 4. Monarch (Hero since I constantly...
    • Themed Sabers (803 Posts)
    • Hi Everybody, Just a quick post to Bump this thread up before it disappears. I was wondering if...
    • (6 Posts)
    • Looking back, I would probably buy the parts I wanted as soon as they were available because the...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5196
  • Latest Member: unfisp
  • Total Posts: 55.8k
  • Total Topics: 4637
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 3
  • Today Answer: 12
  • Yesterday Answer: 23