Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: Dummy kill keys

Dummy kill keys 1 year 9 months ago #47351

• BoostinIX
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 203
The GOTH key I got with my chassis looks like your PS version but with a smaller notch. Looking good.
Last Edit: 1 year 9 months ago by BoostinIX.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Dummy kill keys 1 year 9 months ago #47377

• Darth Vexing
  • Elite Member
  • Some sentients aren't after anything logical. Some sentients just want to watch the galaxy burn.
  • Thank you received: 90
Thanks for the update Kouri, I appreciate the time and effort you are putting in to this.
I am chaos in order's guise.

Dummy kill keys 1 year 9 months ago #49716

• Kouri
  • Platinum Member
  • That guy.
  • Thank you received: 758
Sorry, no pictures, but making progress.

Got a fresh batch of keys in on Saturday. Notched one like the revision I posted earlier.

Key stays inside the port. Rotation on/off works. I just need to dial in the proper height of the bottom ring. I made this one too thin, so, even though the key doesn't fall out anymore, it's still a bit loose.

Taking measurements and making another prototype. Next revision is hopefully the last.

Dummy kill keys 1 year 9 months ago #49731

• Darth Nelo Angelo
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 42
Darth Vexing wrote:
Has anyone made or know where I could get a dummy kill key for the 2015 version of the Gladius?
I think it would look better if you could have the saber on while maintaining the two button appearance.

you could get a 3D Printed Dummy Kill Plug? I have one on my saber. It has in hilt recharge, but its not wired for a kill key. So, I can take it out or leave it in and the saber still switches on. The 3d printed one is a very hard plastic with a grainy effect.
" The Dark Side of the Force is the pathway to many abilities some consider to be… Unnatural.”

Dummy kill keys 1 year 9 months ago #49745

• Darth Vexing
  • Elite Member
  • Some sentients aren't after anything logical. Some sentients just want to watch the galaxy burn.
  • Thank you received: 90
Thanks for the update Kouri, sounds like you've almost got it.
I am chaos in order's guise.

Dummy kill keys 1 year 7 months ago #56128

• GaleForceEight
  • Thank you received: 18
I know that the idea here is to create a modified kill plug so that existing fixings can be used, but an alternate method would be to add a small, recessed latching switch in series with the recharge port so that the sabre could be fully powered down independently of the recharge port. It would require a modicum of re-wiring and of course porting the sabre to accept the additional switch.

The sabre would need to have that switch 'on' for charging if it is positioned between the battery and charging port as opposed to between the charging port and board.

The shopped switch retention method photo left me wondering how it would be assembled into place. I would have probably gone for a circumferential groove cut into the kill plug close to the neck and two opposing grub screws through the plug body so that the plug is retained while still being able to freely rotate.
Any idiot can squeeze a trigger....
It takes a special kind of idiot to use a saber.

Dummy kill keys 1 year 7 months ago #58154

• CrustySpam87
So, just to confirm, if I was to just file down a kill key so that it was too short to trigger the switch, the kill key would be too loose to leave in the recharge port while the saber is in use?

I'm happy to rely on the NB deep sleep to cut power*, but don't particularly want to leave the recharge port exposed. I'd rather have something that will sit in the recharge port securely while I swing my saber around, but obviously still have the recharge port accessible when I need to recharge the battery (otherwise what's the point of having a recharge port). I'm fairly new to this, but do most people leave their recharge port exposed while they use their saber?

Background: I thought I'd just add that I don't have a recharge port or NB in my saber currently, but will be adding them very shortly. I've done a lot of research though.

*I understand that deep sleep mode is more of a standby mode than actually cutting power.
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Battlefront II Reveal (15 Posts)
    • Quote: Quote: And they did drastically reduce the Hero unlock cost after all the complaining. 10 hours is still a...
    • Building my first saber a... (3 Posts)
    • This is exactly what I was looking for! Thank you a ton for answering these.
    • New Member Introduction T... (2642 Posts)
    • Greetings all! I haven't had the pleasure of owning any saberforge sabers yet, but I hope that will...
    • Quote: And they did drastically reduce the Hero unlock cost after all the complaining. 10 hours is still a...
    • Gotta have that carrot.... I picked the game up on sale, so I probably won't mind the DLC cost....

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6396
  • Latest Member: Cherylevere
  • Total Posts: 63.5k
  • Total Topics: 5377
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 136
  • Today Open: 3
  • Yesterday Open: 5
  • Today Answer: 34
  • Yesterday Answer: 28