Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: PS and Redeemer shrouds interchangable?

PS and Redeemer shrouds interchangable? 5 months 3 days ago #68309

• CrimsonJax88
  • Premium Member
  • Dutch guy living in Norway!
  • Thank you received: 49
I was wondering whether or not the top parts of the Prodigal Son and Redeemer (I think they're called the shrouds? the top metal/silver parts in any case where one would put the blade, above the copper/brass thin neck) can be unscrewed and for instance switched?
On the ASP site/Shopsaberparts.com it says 'hyper durable four piece design' so one would assume it's threaded and the emitters can be disassembled, but the question is then if the ASP system is so far reaching one could even put a Redeemer shroud on the thin neck of a Prodigal Son?

I really like the copper on the PS (especially with a weathered look), but when it comes to the top part of the emitter I feel the Redeemer is more aesthetically pleasing - with the drilled out holes and the inner ring more hidden unlike the PS where the inner ring is poking out.
I keep going back and forth between Redeemer vs. Prodigal Son emitter when it comes to my ASP design, where I feel a weathered look would look nicer; but when weathered the Redeemer's brass is too bright, whilst the PS 's copper is just right - but then the inner ring of the PS pokes out and I'd rather have the Redeemer...aargh :P

So any help on whether or not these emitters are indeed 4-pieces that can be disassembled and can for instance be interchangable? I wouldn't dare ask anybody of course to try it out just to satisfy my curiosity and possibly ruin their own lightsaber, but in case somebody has already tried this out, I would be very curious ;)
Here is the design I had in mind btw;
For my ally is the Force - and a powerful ally it is!
Last Edit: 5 months 3 days ago by CrimsonJax88. Reason: Add photo
The administrator has disabled public write access.

PS and Redeemer shrouds interchangable? 5 months 2 days ago #68315

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1542
CrimsonJax88 wrote:
I was wondering whether or not the top parts of the Prodigal Son and Redeemer (I think they're called the shrouds? the top metal/silver parts in any case where one would put the blade, above the copper/brass thin neck) can be unscrewed and for instance switched?
On the ASP site/Shopsaberparts.com it says 'hyper durable four piece design' so one would assume it's threaded and the emitters can be disassembled, but the question is then if the ASP system is so far reaching one could even put a Redeemer shroud on the thin neck of a Prodigal Son?

I really like the copper on the PS (especially with a weathered look), but when it comes to the top part of the emitter I feel the Redeemer is more aesthetically pleasing - with the drilled out holes and the inner ring more hidden unlike the PS where the inner ring is poking out.
I keep going back and forth between Redeemer vs. Prodigal Son emitter when it comes to my ASP design, where I feel a weathered look would look nicer; but when weathered the Redeemer's brass is too bright, whilst the PS 's copper is just right - but then the inner ring of the PS pokes out and I'd rather have the Redeemer...aargh :P

So any help on whether or not these emitters are indeed 4-pieces that can be disassembled and can for instance be interchangable? I wouldn't dare ask anybody of course to try it out just to satisfy my curiosity and possibly ruin their own lightsaber, but in case somebody has already tried this out, I would be very curious ;)
The Emitter shroud you reference, I call the Emitter Cap but regardless, it's the piece that hugs the outside-edge of a seated blade and threaded to the brass/copper part of the TN. I have tried however haven't had any success (yet) but the Cap is threaded to the brass/copper part and is locked-tight! The mid-section of the TN (as far as I can identify) is one machined piece before it extends to male threads on the end for attaching into a TN Adapter. In theory, Yes, the Emitter Cap can be interchanged with say a Redeemer Cap but (for now) since ASP doesn't sell them as individual sections, you'd still have to buy both in order to swap over?

I described the differences briefly in Descend*nt Review where the following was taken.

2nd image above: Green square is threaded to Green rectangle which threads onto Orange square and into Yellow Square.

Have a little project going to modify a PS Emitter to simulate the appearance of a Descend*nt Emitter which = the fusion of Redeemer and PS together i.e. Redeemer with a centred nub/ring extension. Remain uncertain if it'll return any success (yet). Once (if) I'm able to score a centred ring-edge (where I've started and slipped) some clean-up and drilling 'should' work in theory.

I agree with you about Redeemer providing better aesthetics. The Brass/Copper is just coloured. The easiest way to achieve your Redeemer but with a PS TN (depending on how it arrives to you) would be to tape-up the happy-with surfaces and re-colour the notso happy-with part of the TN to what you want. But Redeemer Emitter has been N/A for 3 weeks now and I remain unsure when inventory will be filled. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: CrimsonJax88

PS and Redeemer shrouds interchangable? 5 months 2 days ago #68332

• CrimsonJax88
  • Premium Member
OvrcAHst wrote:
Green square is threaded to Green rectangle which threads onto Orange square and into Yellow Square.
So just to be clear, it is possible to remove the green square from the green rectangle or is it glued stuck or something? Seeing as you say threaded I would say it to be possible to screw that part loose - the only part I want loose - so that I could take the entire cap of the Redeemer off and place it on top of the Prodigal Son thin neck... Or better said, I would ask SF or Custom to do it, as I don't trust my own skills with it - question being of course then if they're willing to do this.
I agree with you about Redeemer providing better aesthetics. The Brass/Copper is just coloured. The easiest way to achieve your Redeemer but with a PS TN (depending on how it arrives to you) would be to tape-up the happy-with surfaces and re-colour the notso happy-with part of the TN to what you want. But Redeemer Emitter has been N/A for 3 weeks now and I remain unsure when inventory will be filled. :)
Good to hear you agree with me; Like said the PS is a wonderful design with a better/darker copper than the Redeemer, I just hate the fact that the inner ring sticks out - one could argue that I'd most likely have the blade in it continuously anyway so it wouldn't be noticeably, but then there's still the aesthetically pleasing 'holes' in the Redeemer cap that make it way more awesome.
The perfect solution to the problem would be if the weathered Redeemer would look like it was actually weathered all-round; right now it's just the cap that's weathered, with the brass being completely clean and the copper just disappearing from the design entirely - don't understand why this is, as seeing photos from weathered Redeemers or Exhalteds do have weathering on the brass and copper sections as well.

In any case a big thanks for being so thorough in your response and I'm very happy to hear someone has been having the same thoughts and is actually trying it out.
Like said, your explanation makes everything a lot more clear and at least paints a picture of how the emitters are assembled and what - in theory as you say - should be possible.

Still, I don't know if I want to try it myself; as for now I luckily don't have to make that decision just yet - as you said the Redeemer emitter is N/A as of right now (is taking a long time I personally feel for them to get it back in stock), but also the Thin Neck Adapter 02 is out of stock right now, and I really want that one for my ASP design as well (number 03 feels wrong for some reason)
The only other thing I can think of is making my ASP design not-weathered, so that this entire issue wouldn't exist, but I just feel that my design would work better that way, especially with the limegreen blade.

I dunno, maybe I should just find somebody like Shameem - but not Shameem as he's drowning in commissions - who would take my design in a non-weathered finish with Redeemer emitter and just weather it.
But again, no rush with deciding on this matter, first the stuff I need has to come back in stock and then I can decide whether I'll just play it safe (by either going for weathered design with PS or dual-tone with Redeemer) or if I try my luck :P
Last Edit: 5 months 2 days ago by CrimsonJax88.

PS and Redeemer shrouds interchangable? 5 months 2 days ago #68342

• OvrcAHst
CrimsonJax88 wrote:
So just to be clear, it is possible to remove the green square from the green rectangle or is it glued stuck or something? Seeing as you say threaded I would say it to be possible to screw that part loose - the only part I want loose - so that I could take the entire cap of the Redeemer off and place it on top of the Prodigal Son thin neck...
I arrived at that conclusion from deduction and with identifying a slightly exposed thread (lesser than the error I described on my Forsaken) with obscured visibility. I have achieved some slight movement but not enough to conclusively say. The two parts feel like a seized-up threaded part which is where the probable glue stemmed from. I tried to take pictures to illustrate the hairline thread exposure but due to camera focus and the shadowing, return no success. The deduction spawned from seeing emitters like Shadow Hunter, Forsaken, Chosen etc. and how the emitter Crown/Cap gives SF flexibility to adapt to different TNs of the aforementioned compared to the OT TNs.
Or better said, I would ask SF or Custom to do it, as I don't trust my own skills with it - question being of course then if they're willing to do this.
I'd wager, SF = No. SF Customs = Yes.
Good to hear you agree with me; Like said the PS is a wonderful design with a better/darker copper than the Redeemer, I just hate the fact that the inner ring sticks out - one could argue that I'd most likely have the blade in it continuously anyway so it wouldn't be noticeably, but then there's still the aesthetically pleasing 'holes' in the Redeemer cap that make it way more awesome.
To be accurate, PS with nipple versus Redeemer no nipple with blade in is still noticeable. Because the nipple/nub extends out a little, this creates an internal shadow or lighting shortfall when blade is on/off. ;)
The perfect solution to the problem would be if the weathered Redeemer would look like it was actually weathered all-round; right now it's just the cap that's weathered, with the brass being completely clean and the copper just disappearing from the design entirely - don't understand why this is, as seeing photos from weathered Redeemers or Exhalteds do have weathering on the brass and copper sections as well.
It sounds more likely that you'll venture via Customs rather than DIY. Customs can achieve what you desire. I have confidence in that. For the weathering of the actual Neck, like you reference, I have the same weathered effect on the TN of my V2 PS and the same on Custom Exalted.
In any case a big thanks for being so thorough in your response and I'm very happy to hear someone has been having the same thoughts and is actually trying it out.
Like said, your explanation makes everything a lot more clear and at least paints a picture of how the emitters are assembled and what - in theory as you say - should be possible.
Thank you, glad it helps some. I thought I'd try it with the ASP PS part as on receipt, All Black is underwhelming and Redeemer was N/A at the time. What's the worst that could happen, get's stripped and thrown in the lava? ;) Nothing ventured nothing gained.
Still, I don't know if I want to try it myself; as for now I luckily don't have to make that decision just yet - as you said the Redeemer emitter is N/A as of right now (is taking a long time I personally feel for them to get it back in stock), but also the Thin Neck Adapter 02 is out of stock right now, and I really want that one for my ASP design as well (number 03 feels wrong for some reason)
The only other thing I can think of is making my ASP design not-weathered, so that this entire issue wouldn't exist, but I just feel that my design would work better that way, especially with the limegreen blade.

I dunno, maybe I should just find somebody like Shameem - but not Shameem as he's drowning in commissions - who would take my design in a non-weathered finish with Redeemer emitter and just weather it.
But again, no rush with deciding on this matter, first the stuff I need has to come back in stock and then I can decide whether I'll just play it safe (by either going for weathered design with PS or dual-tone with Redeemer) or if I try my luck :P
The flexibility with weathering (I find) is because it's something that has been added, it can always be removed. So if deciding to go for a clean-skin for adding to, (requires more than an etch-a-sketch) similarly, a vigorous shake and start again. :) Obviously at your own risk.

PS and Redeemer shrouds interchangable? 5 months 1 day ago #68352

• CrimsonJax88
  • Premium Member
Thanks again, then at least I won't try my own luck at switching any caps and instead indeed go for SF Custom to maybe send them all the parts of the design in dual-tone, for them to weather it and maybe add some other cool features like etching or an upgraded soundboard (have been listening to some of the Saberfonts out there and some are really cool).
Have been in touch with them already about maybe buying an Archon and upgrading it with a 07 pommel and gold accents/Old Republic logo etching, but haven't gotten word back yet. Ah well, more time to figure out what to do and all ;)

PS and Redeemer shrouds interchangable? 5 months 1 day ago #68381

• RyanRising
  • Platinum Member
  • How hard can rocket science be anyway?
  • Thank you received: 143
I know they can come off. Last night I accidentally unscrewed the top off of my Exalted (basically a Redeemer emitter). I superglued it back on afterwards, because I don't plan to switch it with anything else ever, but I think it might be possible.

EDIT: Oh sorry you guys have already determined that and decided upon a course of action. I should have read the thread.
The above post may be subject to editing. A lot of editing.
Last Edit: 5 months 1 day ago by RyanRising.

PS and Redeemer shrouds interchangable? 5 months 1 day ago #68395

• OvrcAHst
CrimsonJax88 wrote:
Thanks again, then at least I won't try my own luck at switching any caps and instead indeed go for SF Custom to maybe send them all the parts of the design in dual-tone, for them to weather it and maybe add some other cool features like etching or an upgraded soundboard
Unless protocol has changed with Customs Commissions, the only time you'd send in your parts/hilt is if you had it existing. If you don't have possession of subject matter, you would just specify what you desire and aim to achieve and the ordering process with supply goes through Customs to avoid unnecessary logistics.
have been listening to some of the Saberfonts out there and some are really cool.
:woohoo: in Love with Shameem's Gojira Font. It will be mine. ;)
Have been in touch with them already about maybe buying an Archon and upgrading it with a 07 pommel and gold accents/Old Republic logo etching, but haven't gotten word back yet. Ah well, more time to figure out what to do and all ;)
Hmmm Archon with Pommel07? Haven't thought about that configuration before and with seeing it, for me, creates unnecessary exaggerated flare to an otherwise tight and tapered hilt. But each their own.

RyanRising wrote:
I know they can come off. Last night I accidentally unscrewed the top off of my Exalted (basically a Redeemer emitter). I superglued it back on afterwards, because I don't plan to switch it with anything else ever, but I think it might be possible.

EDIT: Oh sorry you guys have already determined that and decided upon a course of action. I should have read the thread.
:lol: All good kerbalnaut. If you recall my comment in V2 CR Redeemer...

My prebuild was delivered loose (and I haven't reglued it...yet). The Jury's still out on whether the machining of TN Parts from ASP is different to prebuilt inventory. ;) Not feeling strong today to try again.

EDIT:
The Jury's still out on whether the machining of TN Parts from ASP is different to prebuilt inventory. ;)
Yep! :lol:
Last Edit: 5 months 21 hours ago by OvrcAHst.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RyanRising

PS and Redeemer shrouds interchangable? 5 months 13 hours ago #68419

• CrimsonJax88
  • Premium Member
Yeah, have been in touch with Customs Commissions and it looks like I'm gonna go the route that you already had foreseen (The Force is strong in you, visions it shows you :P )
Customs is going to order the parts for the design that I had in mind and going to do a shattered weathering on it, so that I not only get the weathering I want, but the added bonus of some cool 'battle damage'.
Depending on how my funds are I will either ask for just the standard SF Crimson soundfont, but seeing as I'm going for a shattered weathering, I am kinda curious to see if it might just be as cool to get a different soundfont - don't know if the soundboard that SF offers could do this or if I have to upgrade then?

In any case, stuff like Shameem's Sacrifice, Ruiner or Ravager I think would fit with it, but we'll see - have to get a price estimate first.
And yeah, that Archon with pommel 07 I wasn't too sure about either... yet :P
That's mostly the reason I'm now going with the ASP design first, so I have some more time to think about the Archon design that I have in mind - I think it could work wonderfully, but it's hard to get a good visualization of it (too bad the Archon design isn't in Saberparts).

But thanks again for all the help, at least this way I got a good idea of what was possible - this right now feels like the best option.
Even with the option of unscrewing the caps from the Redeemer and the Prodigal Son, as you mentioned the nipple/inner ring of the PS still sticks out, so that would've still been a sore in my eye everytime I saw it.
This way I can go with the Redeemer emitter and keep both brass and copper (perhaps even ask after I see the hilt with weathering if the copper can be made a bit darker) and have the aesthetically pleasing shroud that I want ;)

PS and Redeemer shrouds interchangable? 5 months 4 hours ago #68431

• OvrcAHst
CrimsonJax88 wrote:
Yeah, have been in touch with Customs Commissions and it looks like I'm gonna go the route that you already had foreseen (The Force is strong in you, visions it shows you :P )
Customs is going to order the parts for the design that I had in mind and going to do a shattered weathering on it, so that I not only get the weathering I want, but the added bonus of some cool 'battle damage'.
:lol: Force Vision must've fluked a win for me that day.
Keep in mind with your shattered weathering that it is offered in 3 Tiers (or was, unsure about now), Light, Medium & Heavy.
Depending on how my funds are I will either ask for just the standard SF Crimson soundfont, but seeing as I'm going for a shattered weathering, I am kinda curious to see if it might just be as cool to get a different soundfont - don't know if the soundboard that SF offers could do this or if I have to upgrade then?
To continue the ride with some Clouded Force Vision (cos I remain unsure), it may be worth your while to enquire whether Sabercore3.0 has extended beyond prototyping and is a possibility as part of your Custom install. :whistle: Otherwise, I know it has been done before, if you wanted to deviate from the Sabercore2.0 or even the SC2 Boards, Customs have done Prizms before so really anything else across the Plecter range could be up4grabs also.
In any case, stuff like Shameem's Sacrifice, Ruiner or Ravager I think would fit with it, but we'll see - have to get a price estimate first.
And yeah, that Archon with pommel 07 I wasn't too sure about either... yet :P
That's mostly the reason I'm now going with the ASP design first, so I have some more time to think about the Archon design that I have in mind - I think it could work wonderfully, but it's hard to get a good visualization of it (too bad the Archon design isn't in Saberparts).
Good thing you ain't in any hurry cos it just so happens that I'm customisingsy'ing a Pommel07. :lol:
But thanks again for all the help, at least this way I got a good idea of what was possible - this right now feels like the best option.
Even with the option of unscrewing the caps from the Redeemer and the Prodigal Son, as you mentioned the nipple/inner ring of the PS still sticks out, so that would've still been a sore in my eye everytime I saw it.
This way I can go with the Redeemer emitter and keep both brass and copper (perhaps even ask after I see the hilt with weathering if the copper can be made a bit darker) and have the aesthetically pleasing shroud that I want ;)
B) The progress preview is consistent to (was then, don't know about now) the email exchanges during the commission.

PS and Redeemer shrouds interchangable? 4 months 3 weeks ago #68462

• CrimsonJax88
  • Premium Member
OvrcAHst wrote:
:lol: Force Vision must've fluked a win for me that day.
Keep in mind with your shattered weathering that it is offered in 3 Tiers (or was, unsure about now), Light, Medium & Heavy.
Oh, I'll definitely have to have a word then with Customs to see if this is still the case - but does the tiers reflect brightness/contrast of the weathering or how deep the 'lightning/battle damage' goes?
I told Customs now that I figure it's best to order the parts in dual-tone (except for the Redeemer, that in Tri Tone seeing as I want the copper :P ) and that they weather it.
To continue the ride with some Clouded Force Vision (cos I remain unsure), it may be worth your while to enquire whether Sabercore3.0 has extended beyond prototyping and is a possibility as part of your Custom install. :whistle: Otherwise, I know it has been done before, if you wanted to deviate from the Sabercore2.0 or even the SC2 Boards, Customs have done Prizms before so really anything else across the Plecter range could be up4grabs also.
Cool, then I'll ask about that as well, but awesome to know I can just start looking for another SaberFont then. I figure the soundboards that allow this option are of the Hero Tier?
Good thing you ain't in any hurry cos it just so happens that I'm customisingsy'ing a Pommel07. :lol:
Oeh, curious to see!

But yeah, I'll keep you posted about the progress on this project, but I figure it will take some time before the actual build can start - as long as SaberForge is out of stock for both the Redeemer Emitter and the Thin Neck Adapter 02, there's no point in starting on the other parts is my guess.
Last Edit: 4 months 3 weeks ago by OvrcAHst. Reason: Subject discussion and Topic relocated to Customs

PS and Redeemer shrouds interchangable? 4 months 3 weeks ago #68478

• OvrcAHst
CrimsonJax88 wrote:
Oh, I'll definitely have to have a word then with Customs to see if this is still the case - but does the tiers reflect brightness/contrast of the weathering or how deep the 'lightning/battle damage' goes?
Both actually. Different inclusions will dictate different outcomes i.e. Light will almost always feature the lightning scoring effect but hilt finish i.e. stripped anodise weathering versus say powdercoated finishing then influences the brightness/contrast appearance.
I may need to update the images, but as a rough indication of the 3 Shattered Tiers, check out my: Monarch (before recent update)=Light; Exalted=Medium; Fallen (before recent update)=Heavy.

The finished appearance of Light is integrated with a Black Chrome PC; Medium with a stripped anodise and Heavy (was) with a Gun Metal PC. Heavy will start featuring more aggressive cut-aways e.g. the separation on parts of the Chambers milled slots.
I told Customs now that I figure it's best to order the parts in dual-tone (except for the Redeemer, that in Tri Tone seeing as I want the copper :P ) and that they weather it.
The specification of Parts-usage and default finish should be irrelevant. As long as you can (either by image reference or description) convey the desired outcome and finished appearance to the Smith, it will be at his/her discretion (and inventory interpretation) with how to achieve it.
Cool, then I'll ask about that as well, but awesome to know I can just start looking for another SaberFont then. I figure the soundboards that allow this option are of the Hero Tier?
I'd suggest you get current confirmation before you commit to the $7 (IIRC Font cost). SFs current available inventory is Hero (NEC SC2), Yes. Back when discussions started to evolve, the alleged Sabercore3.0 featured a 2 (editable) Font SD Card. Any board that features an SD will accommodate Font changes.
Oeh, curious to see!
:P
as long as SaberForge is out of stock for both the Redeemer Emitter and the Thin Neck Adapter 02, there's no point in starting on the other parts is my guess.
SF being OOS from a Retail perspective for 'normal configured' and parts usage doesn't necessarily translate to inventory being OOS for Customs Commissions. As long as you have an open dialogue happening with Customs, they'd find a way even if it meant further modifying pre-existing Parts as known to be available to us as the Consumer. :)

PS and Redeemer shrouds interchangable? 4 months 3 weeks ago #68482

• CrimsonJax88
  • Premium Member
Hmm, judging by the 3 hilts you give as examples, I figure I'll go for a medium - the Monarch looks great, but to me it's not yet across the border of weathering, more 'normale usage and smudges' than actual 'lifelong combat and grease' :P

And yeah, I'm noticing a bit that it's hard to convey what I want to Customs; they're doing their best to get a good idea of what I want, but without a picture to show them, they have some trouble. Of course I gave them this image and asked for shattered weathering, but there's still a lot of back and forth if that means I still want the copper and brass and if I want the thin neck shattered, etc.

That's why I feel it kinda sucks that the SaberParts app changed a couple of months ago; back then when you went for the option weathered, it actually looked a lot brighter as it does in real life (right now it almost looks black in the app) and it was a more 'overall' finish.
One could argue of course that now the ASP site has launched, the app is consistent with what is being supplied (aka emitters like the Fallen not having the brass section, the Redeemer only having the brass when weathered instead of the copper as well, etc.), but it still could have been a useful tool to convey what one wants.

And ok, didn't know Customs had their own stash or sorts or is that skilled that they could for instance just customize any part of the saber - here I thought they had like a sort of 'basic starting off-point' with each part, aka the dual-tone and would take it from there when either weathering it, chrome-plating it, or whatever.
Well, here's hoping in any case Customs will get back to me with a price estimate and that we're all on the same page as to what I want (but then again, I figure you who has had experience with SaberForge Customs can probably confirm that they send regular updates once they start to build as to make sure the hilt still looks as you expect it should?)

PS and Redeemer shrouds interchangable? 4 months 3 weeks ago #68483

• OvrcAHst
CrimsonJax88 wrote:
And yeah, I'm noticing a bit that it's hard to convey what I want to Customs; they're doing their best to get a good idea of what I want, but without a picture to show them, they have some trouble. Of course I gave them this image and asked for shattered weathering, but there's still a lot of back and forth if that means I still want the copper and brass and if I want the thin neck shattered, etc.

CS with RMAs works the same way. Describing a fault by text returns with a: does not compute, send a picture. When said picture is sent, it returns with: send another picture. When that doesn't work, send a video... :dry:

With your Customs though, whilst it helps if you use sample images of their products from either their Site or other online source references, it'll just come back with whether they can or they can't. I wanted a specific Crystal Chamber on a build, a motorised rotating one. Obviously didn't happen.
That's why I feel it kinda sucks that the SaberParts app changed a couple of months ago; back then when you went for the option weathered, it actually looked a lot brighter as it does in real life (right now it almost looks black in the app) and it was a more 'overall' finish.
One could argue of course that now the ASP site has launched, the app is consistent with what is being supplied (aka emitters like the Fallen not having the brass section, the Redeemer only having the brass when weathered instead of the copper as well, etc.), but it still could have been a useful tool to convey what one wants.
You'd still be able to use it via screen-grabs. But agreed, I know what you mean. Even with the latest rendering update there still are discrepancies. Typically what I do when finished with a configured build on Builder is to open up another tab for ASP Shop to determine what the actual pieces will look like and then using those high res. images decide if stock-supplied will work or minimally (if planning to mod the appearance) which of the options would pave an easier path for me.
And ok, didn't know Customs had their own stash or sorts or is that skilled that they could for instance just customize any part of the saber - here I thought they had like a sort of 'basic starting off-point' with each part, aka the dual-tone and would take it from there when either weathering it, chrome-plating it, or whatever.
Well, here's hoping in any case Customs will get back to me with a price estimate and that we're all on the same page as to what I want (but then again, I figure you who has had experience with SaberForge Customs can probably confirm that they send regular updates once they start to build as to make sure the hilt still looks as you expect it should?)
It was the case back then during my exchanges and with advancements made and resources by SF expanded, would seem logical that it remain plus more. ASP wasn't available yet during my discussions and Builder hadn't received parts usage updates yet either, just for renders.

example1:

Online sourced rendered image

magnified

primitive overlaid edit

completed actual

example2:

Wanted a fixed position crystal chamber (& not spring reveal)

similar to jade & gladiator type but as monarch shaped-type

custom made

actual completed result

If you review all the Legacy Sabers and the Customs from their Fb page that are born, so many options exist beyond what I have described.

PS and Redeemer shrouds interchangable? 4 months 3 weeks ago #68495

• CrimsonJax88
  • Premium Member
Aha, that seems like a more surefire way to communicate exactly what you want indeed - and yeah, right now I don't take the SaberParts site at face value.
It's still a great way for making a design and figuring out how a certain hilt can be 'formed', but I also visit the ASP/ShopSaberParts site as soon as I have a design to actually see how it would look in real life.
One of the reasons why (in the future) I'll buy a Fallen straight from the site is because the ASP Fallen Emitter doesn't come with the brass - otherwise I would've made my own design out of it. So yeah, good to know we think alike on that matter ;)

And using stock photos seemed to help (I think :P ); I already used the weathered Redeemer from the main site (see below) to explain what kind of weathering I want on the thin neck copper and brass - weathered, but still visibly copper and brass.
http://saberforge.com/images/stories/virtuemart/product/redeemer_v2_champ_red_3.jpg
Customs first understanding was that they would leave the copper and brass untouched or would make it completely dark (there is still the question whether or not I want a little 'light' shattering on the copper and brass - on the one hand I feel it would look a bit weird if the copper and brass doesn't have 'lightning scars' on it, but on the other hand I feel that the thin neck is perhaps best left alone for 'fragile' sake).
But again, I don't know if it actually helped, seeing as I haven't heard from Customs in 2 days. I figure they're just busy with other projects, but it would at least be nice to get a price range on the entire commission, cause right now I can only guess how much it is (going by the Facebook photo of how much shattered weathering costs + the costs for the individual parts, etc.)

And too bad to hear about Customer Service having problems with RMA's; I send my Reborn back for repairs in the beginning of the month and got a mail on monday that the issues had been fixed and it was on it's way back to Norway - so hopefully it's here by next week or the week after that.
Still, my hopes are now then that my RMA was filled out in such a way that SaberForge Repairs did what I wanted - that is, fix the bend claw and take a look at the soundboard and change the kill key (for some reason the kill key had a square instead of a round hole).
Last Edit: 4 months 3 weeks ago by CrimsonJax88.

PS and Redeemer shrouds interchangable? 4 months 3 weeks ago #68513

• OvrcAHst
Regardless of whether you received a confirmation email titled Repairs (containing the return Tracking Number) inside the package should contain a work-order slip hand written by the Technician and listing what was performed as part of the correction. You can check this against the information on the reverse of the Packing Slip (that's strapped to the outside of the box) too. As for the kill key, yeah.. my last 3 deliveries (between Etsy and Main Site) had the square peg; round pin anomaly also. Until a replacement of the kill key is received that ensures a better fit, I plug the port with the (unplugged2wall) charging jack cos the square peg type doesn't seat secure for 1 and pulls at both the pin and port as 2.

PS and Redeemer shrouds interchangable? 4 months 2 weeks ago #69004

• OvrcAHst
CrimsonJax88 wrote:
Have been in touch with them already about maybe buying an Archon and upgrading it with a 07 pommel...

PS and Redeemer shrouds interchangable? 4 months 2 weeks ago #69005

• CrimsonJax88
  • Premium Member
OvrcAHst wrote:
CrimsonJax88 wrote:
Have been in touch with them already about maybe buying an Archon and upgrading it with a 07 pommel...

You sir, just did me a grand service :D :woohoo: Definitely going for an 07 pommel on the Archon then, it looks magnificent and even more regal than ever!
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• New and Upcoming from Phi... (17 Posts)
    • So correct me if I'm wrong, but the Talon has a new emitter that's different from the Forsaken? IE...
    • Wait Times (3 Posts)
    • Also depends on whether you just ordered a normal hilt or if you added customization (ie powder...
    • Emitter 8c (5 Posts)
    • My apologies for not replying here sooner, busy week and checking the forums in the weekend isn't...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4711
  • Latest Member: Oni
  • Total Posts: 53.7k
  • Total Topics: 4313
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 114
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 4
  • Today Answer: 4
  • Yesterday Answer: 35