Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: [Custom Sabre Idea] The Raptor

[Custom Sabre Idea] The Raptor 2 years 1 day ago #30920

• ANorris
  • Banned
  • Thank you received: 18
I think I saw this design on DeviantArt awhile back. It's a nice one to key off of, for sure.
Why don't you have Shameem make it?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

[Custom Sabre Idea] The Raptor 2 years 1 day ago #30922

• Kirabi
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 23
ANorris wrote:
I think I saw this design on DeviantArt awhile back. It's a nice one to key off of, for sure.
Why don't you have Shameem make it?

The design is identical to Saberforges limited run of the Dissident, which is itself based off of Rahm Kotas saber from The Force Unleashed.

I'm always a fan of giving lightsabers (and in general, other weapons) back stories and histories, I'm just not stoked about it being directly modeled off of an already incredibly popular design. With the ASP program there are so many variations and possibilities. Just my two cents :)

[Custom Sabre Idea] The Raptor 2 years 1 day ago #30932

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 569
*Emerges from cave*What? Someone else thinks the Force Unleashed is awful? Right on! *Returns to cave*
Last Edit: 2 years 2 hours ago by Borommakot.

[Custom Sabre Idea] The Raptor 2 years 1 day ago #30933

• Kirabi
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 23
Nausicaa wrote:
Ahhhh, I was unaware it was a basic model! Its not on this store or the etsy one.

Ive also never played The Force Unleashed (looked terrible) so didnt know Rahm Kotas was a real character either unfortunately :unsure:

I guess I should probably tweak the base model a bit then in terms of the switch and emitter.

Ah, sorry! I probably came off as a bit of a jerk in that post, didn't mean to! I love the base saber, my ASP pre-order is the Dissident but with a different pommel, so yeah...lol

That being said, your idea is yours! Use whichever design that speaks to you most and if that happens to be an already established one then so be it :).

[Custom Sabre Idea] The Raptor 2 years 3 hours ago #31149

• Diezel23
  • Thank you received: 5
My favorite movie is also JP! I love the idea of this custom build and to be honest with you I'm gonna have to try and do a similar one with my own flair. Hope it works out for you!

[Custom Sabre Idea] The Raptor 2 years 2 hours ago #31164

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
The new concept is awesome. It may not be achievable with ASP (at least not right away; they may add curved hilts on down the road), but there's definitely the possibility of getting a bane customized to look closer to this. They've also got a couple more curved hilt designs in the pipeline that might work.

[Custom Sabre Idea] The Raptor 2 years 1 hour ago #31172

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
Here they are. The first post gets updated as needed with new pics. As for the possibilities with customizing a Bane, I can't say, having never used the customs shop. However, if most of the hilt is to be wrapped, that cuts down on some of what they'd have to change.

Also, though this is a related to custom jobs, it might need to be moved to the open topics area. I'm not sure, having not been here as long, but I think the Customs subforum is more for reviews on completed custom jobs.

[Custom Sabre Idea] The Raptor 2 years 35 minutes ago #31186

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
You can repost it, but I haven't seen a thread moved on this forum, so I'm not sure it can be literally moved. Whether moved or deleted, it'll be a mod who handles it.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Battlefront II Reveal (14 Posts)
    • Quote: And they did drastically reduce the Hero unlock cost after all the complaining. 10 hours is still a...
    • Battlefront II Reveal (14 Posts)
    • Gotta have that carrot.... I picked the game up on sale, so I probably won't mind the DLC cost....
    • New Member Introduction T... (2641 Posts)
    • Welcome to our newest members!
    • Building my first saber a... (2 Posts)
    • Hi there. Fortunately, I can answer many of those questions. Quote: I plan on getting the Plug and Play...
    • Sacrifice. (4 Posts)
    • Amazing, where are you based? Do you take commissions?

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6395
  • Latest Member: BK222
  • Total Posts: 63.5k
  • Total Topics: 5377
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 136
  • Today Open: 3
  • Yesterday Open: 5
  • Today Answer: 31
  • Yesterday Answer: 28