Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Acolyte.
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Acolyte 12w Champion Indigo with Crimson

Acolyte 12w Champion Indigo with Crimson 1 year 11 months ago #14890

• tech_droid
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 29
Now that I had some time to use my Nikon D750 and take some high quality pics. The color is pretty accurate on the blade. The only difference is that the closer to the hilt it's a little more blue than what the image shows. It does get more purple when getting towards the tip. When looking at the blade about 10+ feet away, it looks more even in color.

The plug I took a hacksaw to so that I could shorten it about 50%, and it looks a lot better than the original length. The design of the plug appears to be a new design, and yes it fits the Acolyte. You can see how deep I placed the plug, I didn't care for seeing the tubing in the fork of the emitter.

The blade is 32 inches, and feels just right. It was actually more solid then I expected and heavy as well. I can see that it will definitely strengthen my arms over time as I swing it around. The tip is more clear and if there is a nit picking on the blade itself I would say that it would be nice to see the tip be frosty white like the rest of the blade to keep things uniform. Otherwise no complaints here.

The hilt feels just fine in hand, but does get a little toasty in your hand over time. I'll be curious how this compared to the Phoenix once that arrives regarding heat. I went with Crimson and it is what it is. My only complaint on sound is that there is no separate sound settings for the auxiliary sound (Force Lightening) which in my opinion would be better off having a mute option. It's a bit easy to swing the saber off and trigger the auxiliary sound without wanting it to go off. Hopefully this is considered when the new SaberCore soundboard is being designed.

Otherwise I'm pretty pleased with this as my first saber from SaberForge. I'll be wearing it at work which will go well against my black slacks that I wear. I look forward to taking pics holding it while wearing my Dominion coat shown in my profile pic. I'm not going for authentic StarWars cosplay, but will have a sort of Sith style going in my own way.

~ TD
Last Edit: 1 year 11 months ago by tech_droid.
The topic has been locked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Blorb

Acolyte 12w Champion Indigo with Crimson 1 year 11 months ago #14895

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1070
Damn nice saber!

If you are carrying that around the office, it is going to get some attention from the co-workers. Probably some requests to hear the sound, and perhaps a few to insert the blade and fire it up. It's human nature wherever one works, but at a place like yours, it would be strange if they didn't!
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....
Last Edit: 1 year 11 months ago by Brax.

Acolyte 12w Champion Indigo with Crimson 1 year 11 months ago #14897

• tech_droid
  • Premium Member
Lovely, a Sys Admin dropped by and had a lengthy conversation with me at my desk and then asked what was that sitting behind me as she pointed to the hilt. She fired up the sound and then others started to flock around my desk...

Looking forward to wearing it on my belt starting tomorrow.

~ TD

Acolyte 12w Champion Indigo with Crimson 1 year 11 months ago #14901

• Brax
  • Administrator
It is not easy...always being right. :P ;) :whistle:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Darth Titus, Galini Pathos

Acolyte 12w Champion Indigo with Crimson 1 year 11 months ago #14904

• Darth Titus
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 17
Thats a sweet saber you have there. I would love to see some pics with that popping indigo LED!
“Oh no, my young Jedi. You will find that it is you who are mistaken…about a great many things.”

Acolyte 12w Champion Indigo with Crimson 1 year 11 months ago #14907

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
First question I have to ask... what blade plug is in that saber??? That looks like one of the elite model plugs.... but they don't fit in the Acolytes unless they've undergone some type of... change that I wasn't aware of. Can you take a picture of the blade plug out of the saber?

Second question... I WANT PICS OF INDIGO GIMME GIMME
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bietr Krrob

Acolyte 12w Champion Indigo with Crimson 1 year 11 months ago #14912

• tech_droid
  • Premium Member
About the plug, I was wondering about that myself. It seemed more intricate than expected, but does fit. It might be a little longer then I'd prefer and shave it down a little so it goes down further into the emitter.

~ TD

Acolyte 12w Champion Indigo with Crimson 1 year 11 months ago #14917

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
Oh that is COOL... it's like a hybrid between the two plugs!! Never seen one like that before. Wonder if they're all coming like that or if it's just a new apprentice design... either way, awesome to find that out, and grats on being the first I've seen with it lol.

Acolyte 12w Champion Indigo with Crimson 1 year 11 months ago #14941

• tech_droid
  • Premium Member
Just updated my original post with high quality pics and a semi-review of my first saber from SaberForge.

~ TD

Acolyte 12w Champion Indigo with Crimson 1 year 11 months ago #14943

• Blorb
  • Thank you received: 6
Nice pics n nice AT-AT! :P

Acolyte 12w Champion Indigo with Crimson 1 year 11 months ago #14944

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 382
About the plug, I was wondering about that myself. It seemed more intricate than expected, but does fit. It might be a little longer then I'd prefer and shave it down a little so it goes down further into the emitter.
My Bane came w/the same type of plug so I suspect this is what SF will be using from here on out. Lovely pics btw, I really need to invest in a camera that doesn't make everything look like a potato.

Acolyte 12w Champion Indigo with Crimson 1 year 11 months ago #14949

• tech_droid
  • Premium Member
After looking at the pics I took last night, I need to probably re-do some of them. The closeups aren't great for hand-held and I need to use my tripod and cam-ranger to dial in the settings so they come out a little more sharp. I was a bit tired shooting these at midnight when I finally had some time after seeing a pre-screening of an up-coming film.

~ TD

Acolyte 12w Champion Indigo with Crimson 1 year 11 months ago #15273

• Brax
  • Administrator
Pre-screening an upcoming film huh? Given where you work, I can't help but wonder if it were not one with particular significance to this group? I know you cannot confirm or deny, but that is an awfully ambiguous statement. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bietr Krrob

Acolyte 12w Champion Indigo with Crimson 1 year 11 months ago #15349

• tech_droid
  • Premium Member
It was AntMan which we worked on as well. ILM does Visual Effects for many films, not just LucasFilm IP.

EP VII might be done with filming, but it's quite busy in post production right now... Which is the stage of film making where video editing, music and CG is being done.

There can occasionally be some re shoots done on a scene, and that can still happen in post. So there are a lot of moving parts after principal photography is done.

~TD

Acolyte 12w Champion Indigo with Crimson 1 year 10 months ago #16863

• duokun
  • Thank you received: 1
I just wanted to say damn! I was pretty sure about by desire to get the weathered version of this saber, but your pictures may have convinced me that I need a standard version as well. Damn.

Acolyte 12w Champion Indigo with Crimson 1 year 10 months ago #16957

• tech_droid
  • Premium Member
I wear it at work every Friday. Since the StarWars production crew wears a StarWars shirts on Fridays in the same vein as Hawaiian Shirt Friday for some company's. It's Saber Friday for me. I get a lot of people who talk about it, Artists, Modelers, Coworker's, and visitors.

Anytime they ask I point them to SaberForge.

~ TD
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5294
  • Latest Member: neoskamark
  • Total Posts: 56.2k
  • Total Topics: 4709
  • Total Sections: 22