Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: ASP Righteous Fury

ASP Righteous Fury 1 month 2 weeks ago #55550

• Broll
  • Premium Member
  • Attatchment is forbidden. Possesion is forbidden. Compassion, which I would define as unconditional love, essential to a jedi's life. So you might say, that, we are encouraged to love.
  • Thank you received: 10
Builder Render :

Actual Pictures:

Many more pictures: url=http://imgur.com/a/3152f

Comments:
I have no serious issues the parts they look beautiful, everything workes, everything was included even the extra blade and stand. There were some issues ranging from moderate to nit picky.

Moderate issues:
- My electronics are extremely tight in there. It looks like the hilt is nice and long, however the emitter is very long, but the retention screw is at the bottom so you can't pack any electronics other than the LED in the emitter. The Pommel looks big but it has a lip preventing the battery from entering it. So all electronics were packed tightly into just the switch and body. I ended up having to snake coil the wires at the top of body to get it to fit. I'm worried that at some point I'll end up damaging the wires taking the battery in and out.

Minor Issues:
- It's been said before but no instructions. Instructions should be included with this when they launch IMO. I watched the youtube video and helped, but official included instructions are an important add.
- I don't like having to glue the fake button, I ended up smearing some glue on the front of my switch. It would be nice if they came with a nut like the real switch did. Some people said they couldn't get their switch tight without glue, but I had no problem doing so.
- On my emitter (Vengeance) the LED retention screw is hidden under a decorative piece and that's not obvious. Had I not seen comments from another user I don't know that I would have found this.
- I actually received an extra blade plug. There was one in the bag and one already installed in the emitter. I believe they included the extra one because the one that I ordered simply did not fit into the emitter. This is because the emitter has a hood and the plug has a lip that sticks out farther than the width of the blade. I'm very glad they included the extra plug (I actually like it better than the one I ordered), but they need to either put a disclaimer about certain plugs not fitting or modify the plugs so they all fit.

Nit picky:
- When the plug in and you light it up light only shines through 2 of the 3 windows in the emitter.
- I got a black button and a black fake button. I've seen others post with silver. Since my switch is black I'd have preferred the silver so they stood out, buts not a big deal.
- In the builder I had the hilt flipped upside down to put a line of silver between the bottom of the switch and the leather wrap. However with the placement of the covertec this wasn't really practical. It would be great if they found a way to use the builder to specify a certain location for the covertec, but that's not a huge deal.

Overall I'm very happy. I may in the future buy a longer body and/or a different pommel to give my electronics more room and I'm definitely interested in upgrading to an in-hilt charger when/if that becomes available!

Thanks Saberforge!
ASP Kickstarter Backer!
Sabers owned:
  1. Hilt-only ANH Luke
  2. 1 ASP single blade[Ordered]
  3. Venom standard(Wife's)
Last Edit: 1 month 1 week ago by Broll.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

ASP Righteous Fury 1 month 2 weeks ago #55556

• Artair
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 71
Looks great.

I asked on KS but ill ask here as well.
Is there anything to keep the leather wrap from sliding off the juggernaut body?

Kickstarter ASP backer 1641
2 champ ASPs and a Bane.

ASP Righteous Fury 1 month 2 weeks ago #55559

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 391
Lovely looking hilt. The tightness of the fit doesn't surprise, considering the Juggernaut is one of the shorter bodies, but it's good that works. The parts just look great together. Thanks for sharing with us!

ASP Righteous Fury 1 month 1 week ago #55566

• Broll
  • Premium Member
  • Attatchment is forbidden. Possesion is forbidden. Compassion, which I would define as unconditional love, essential to a jedi's life. So you might say, that, we are encouraged to love.
Artair wrote:
Looks great.

I asked on KS but ill ask here as well.
Is there anything to keep the leather wrap from sliding off the juggernaut body?

I'll look at this in more detail, but it seemed like it was recessed and shouldn't slide off, but I honestly didn't look that carefully at that yet.
Borommakot wrote:
Lovely looking hilt. The tightness of the fit doesn't surprise, considering the Juggernaut is one of the shorter bodies, but it's good that works. The parts just look great together. Thanks for sharing with us!

Yeah I wish I'd have realized it was that small. I like the look of the leather wrap body but wish it was longer. In the builder the longer bodied ones looked huge so I thought they would be too big. I may at sometime in the future buy a larger body with a wrap and a different pommel to try, we'll see what happens.
ASP Kickstarter Backer!
Sabers owned:
  1. Hilt-only ANH Luke

ASP Righteous Fury 1 month 1 week ago #55591

• Artair
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 71
I'm happy to hear you could fit all the electronics in it. I had planned my vengeance build to be venge emitter, glad switch, jug body, pommel. So I hope the extra length of the glad switch makes it a bit easier on me. Or I might swap the body with what I had planned for my viper build.

Kickstarter ASP backer 1641
2 champ ASPs and a Bane.

ASP Righteous Fury 1 month 1 week ago #55594

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 378
Great saber Broll. The flip option for the body is something the need to address. Any consideration to drilling an taping, a new hole where you want it. Seems that it would have to go thru the grip, Ugh. Otherwise nice choice of parts, to bad it didn' t work out exactly as you had hoped for.

ASP Righteous Fury 1 month 1 week ago #55632

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 691
That combination of parts really works well together! Congrats man!
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

ASP Righteous Fury 1 month 1 week ago #55641

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi."
  • Thank you received: 144
Beautiful. The DT finish works very well with your design. Congratulations.
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

ASP Righteous Fury 1 month 1 week ago #55687

• MommyHoldMe
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 238
Wow, that is really nice. I really like the hilt. The dual tone balances perfect. Congrats and great saber.
You give life, You are love.You bring light to the darkness.
You give hope, You restore every heart that is broken.

ASP Righteous Fury 1 month 1 week ago #55700

• jonrice
  • Thank you received: 4
Nice write up! I cannot wait until ASP it available to the public!!

ASP Righteous Fury 1 month 1 week ago #55720

• Broll
  • Premium Member
=Ottomatix= wrote:
Great saber Broll. The flip option for the body is something the need to address. Any consideration to drilling an taping, a new hole where you want it. Seems that it would have to go thru the grip, Ugh. Otherwise nice choice of parts, to bad it didn' t work out exactly as you had hoped for.

Yeah I thought of that but the leather wrap would be problematic. Honestly what I would really like to do is get a different pommel and move the covertec to the pommel and not have it on the body at all. For now though it's fine and not a huge deal.
ASP Kickstarter Backer!
Sabers owned:
  1. Hilt-only ANH Luke

ASP Righteous Fury 1 month 1 week ago #55729

• Broll
  • Premium Member
I noticed a difference between the builder render and what I received. First off let me say that I have no problems with the difference, it looks great, but I thought I should post it in case SF intends to go back and fix parts / images that differ from builder to IRL.

The part that shows difference is the emitter. In the builder it shows the base of emitter as black and the bumpers (not sure what to call them) that get screwed on as silver. In actuality the base of the emitter is silver and bumpers are black.

Again, not a problem for me, but wanted to call it out if SF wants to fix and for others who may have a problem with the inverted colors.

Also you can see the inside of the blade shield is black IRL but silver in the emitter. I definitely prefer IRL in that case to the builder.
ASP Kickstarter Backer!
Sabers owned:
  1. Hilt-only ANH Luke
Last Edit: 1 month 1 week ago by Broll.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• WTS/WTT Champion Exalted ... (11 Posts)
    • So I have a 2015 champion epoch , 6w if I remember right, blue led unit with quick disconnect and...
    • Hilt Design Gallery (866 Posts)
    • The pair of hilts that may be making an appearance in our Edge of the Empire campaign:... [attachment]
    • Sons first saber (12 Posts)
    • Quote: im a huge fan of the bastion to brax. I seen the saber once and ordered it. soon as I seen the...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4314
  • Latest Member: mjsaber
  • Total Posts: 45.1k
  • Total Topics: 3282
  • Total Sections: 21
  • Total Categories: 105
  • Today Open: 4
  • Yesterday Open: 8
  • Today Answer: 51
  • Yesterday Answer: 104