• Thank you received: 21
ASP Vengeance, hilt only

Time line:
Pledged, confirmed, email parts list to SF: 6/15
Confirmed by SFCS: 6/16
Pre-Shipment: 6/17
Shipped: 6/30
Delivered: 7/2
All in all it took around 14 days for an empty hilt.

Adaptive Saber Parts
http://www.saberparts.com/#/configure?code=4.114.1.0-3.94.1.22-2.49.1.0-1.42.1.0-7.152.11.0-6.150.3.0-5.143.0.0

Parts
ASP . Pommel 4 . Standard
ASP . Graflex Body . Standard
ASP . Switch 5 . Standard
ASP . Vengeance Emitter . Standard
ASP . Blade Plug 5 . Silver

I learned about the Vengeance saber when I was reading the review section of the forum and realized there were more saber models than what is available on the main site. By then the Etsy shop was in holiday mode. Even when most of the Etsy sabers have migrated to the main site, Vengeance was one of the two that didn't make the migration. However, Vengeance parts are available on the ASP builder. so I waited for the ASP site to go live. Finally on the 6/15, ASP site went live via Indiegogo and I jumped on the chance to own a Vengeance. But the new question is, do I get the Vengeance or should I get a ASP Graflex to go with my Redeemer. After some debate, I went with the Graflex. I submitted a parts list for an ASP Graflex with Vengeance body, because it looks more comfortable with a light blue 12W LED and 32" blade. But I couldn't stop thinking about owning a Vengeance. So after lunch, I pledged for a hilt only Vengeance with Graflex body because I decided to have a Graflex with all Graflex parts. So I submitted the Vengeance parts list with a Graflex body so I can swap it with the Graflex when they arrive.

So ... to the unboxing.

The empty hilt did not come in a Toblerone box because it did not come with a blade. The saber parts are shipped assembled and wrapped in bubble wrap, very secure, very safe. There is a small ziploc bag with timing shims, blade plug #5 and 2 dummy buttons. What I did not expect was the plastic Phoenix blade stand. happy! happy! joy! joy!

Disassembling the hilt, I found all of the parts are what I expected, ie screen accurate. I also found a blade plug #4 installed. IMHO, plug #4 looks better with the Vengeance emitter. I try to look for the hex key to take the plug out but couldn't find it anywhere. okay, no biggy. I just need to wait till i'm home to use the one came with the Redeemer. The silver resembled brushed aluminum, no scratches and the only sharp edges is the grooves on the switch. I just love the balance of silver and black, very tacticool.

So. I am very happy with the Vengeance. Everything works, for an empty hilt and everything fits. I didn't even have to use timing shims to get the parts to line up. Not sure if I got lucky or SF actually worked on the fit of ASP hilt before shipping. The Graflex body made it less streamlined but it was still comfortable to grip. That will change anyways when the Graflex arrives and I swap bodies. After reading about the difficulty of installing LED in the Graflex I think I will install the Warrior electronics in to the Vengeance and maybe install a Tri-Cree plus NB sound in the Graflex.

Thanks for reading
Last Edit: 1 year 4 months ago by golgo13.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: =Ottomatix=, OvrcAHst

ASP review - Vengence 1 year 4 months ago #61897

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 540
golgo13 great review, looking forward to seeing your intended configuration of both hilts. I've always been a fan of the Vengeance Emitter. When do you expect the other order to arrive.
Last Edit: 1 year 4 months ago by =Ottomatix=.

ASP review - Vengence 1 year 4 months ago #61903

• BoostinIX
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 201
Don't forget to take the paper off your stand ;)

ASP review - Vengence 1 year 4 months ago #61909

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
  • "Remember, [Force] abilities are not inherently good or evil; it's how you use them." --Kyle Katarn
  • Thank you received: 511
So that's where the missing stand from my order went! :P

I like how you went with a different switch section and pommel than the standard Vengence. That's switch 5 and pommel 4 right?

Can't wait to see them after you do your installs!
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0
yellow SF ASP Interceptor

ASP review - Vengence 1 year 4 months ago #62093

• golgo13
BoostinIX. I didn't even realize that was paper on my stand. I just thought cool, pretty gold color stand. :lol:
Jaden Korr. I wanted a more uniform look, diameter wise, and some what lengthen the hilt a little since it seem short. That was my reasoning behind the alternate switch and pommel. The Vengeance still feels short but that may be due to the Graflex body. which feel wide because of the fins. I'll wait till I swap in the Vengeance body to see how it feels.

Observations after playing with the empty hilt for a couple of days.
1. Blade plug #5 does not work with the Vengeance emitter. There is a lip that extends beyond the blade diameter which does not fit the sloped Vengeance emitter. Maybe that's why they gave me a #4 plug also. so if you are building a hilt with angled emitter beware of plug with a "lip". It will work on the builder but not in real life.

2. Vengeance is a short hilt and has a some what deep blade holder. I don't know exactly how deep because I haven't installed an LED yet. When I installed the 32" blade from my Redeemer, the over all saber seems dwarfed. It feels like a Hobbit's sword. Now I have an excuse to buy a 37" day blade!! In yellow? maybe green?

ASP review - Vengence 1 year 3 months ago #64298

• golgo13
Okay, now that my Graflex has came in I was able to switch the body to the rightful hilt. The Vengeance body made the hilt more slim. It is a very nice looking graflex like saber that is duel friendly. I did change a couple of things from the original Vengeance. I changed the switch to #5 because of the horizontal slots matches the shark gills. I also change the short pommel to #4 which is longer and made the hilt seem more graceful with a tapered butt. I flipped the body around so there is more distance between the switch section and the fins. which combined with the longer pommel #4 made the hilt look more balanced. However, this puts the covertech knob at the center of the hilt. I dont have a covertech belt holder but I imagine this means I can carry the saber horizontally vs vertically when the covertech is placed at the end of the hilt. I will play with the saber and see if the covertech knob gets in the way when dueling.

Last Edit: 1 year 3 months ago by golgo13.

ASP review - Vengence 1 year 3 months ago #64478

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
Really great update, Golgo13. If the Covertech Knob annoys you, I guess you can always just remove it. I am wondering if it is possible to request the holes not be drilled in the notes of an ASP order. I haven't tried it. Let us know what you decide. I'm in a similar situation with my ASP where the covertech knob is toward the center. I ended up removing mine.

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• AGONY - Ronin Mk 3 ( pic... (9 Posts)
    • Thanks to all who have had a peek and posted the kind and encouraging comments. I can honestly say...
    • Fly with the saber in you... (5 Posts)
    • That's right, it was the Li-Ion batteries in checked baggage that caused issues. It makes sense...
    • Mystery Box Sabers Have R... (81 Posts)
    • Hey, if you can afford the $300 box, that's a great call. You're sure to get a good deal with...
    • Black Friday Sale! (15 Posts)
    • Yea so I just gone and done it!! HAD to take advantage...needed parts anyway... sheesh SaberForge...
    • Dueling Armor (9 Posts)
    • Realizing a set of black lacrosse gloves with a white panel attached to the back of the hands would...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6020
  • Latest Member: ydakepo
  • Total Posts: 61.9k
  • Total Topics: 5158
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 134
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 6
  • Today Answer: 31
  • Yesterday Answer: 52