Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Scarlet ASP SF|Story.....Pt ?

Scarlet ASP SF|Story.....Pt ? 7 months 4 weeks ago #68699

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1602

Adaptive Saber Parts Configured Build.

It’s a friggin’ Thin Neck! You’d think I have a bit of a soft spot for them.
Born from shopsaberparts similar to Anais, rather than opting the Professional Assembly, went the piece-together by self with the PnP Kit.

More on the obvious a little later..

Some Specs and Measurements:
Quad Cree 12Watt+ Medium Red| Champion V2 PnP Kit| Sabercore2.0 Crimson Font|
Silver non-lit Momentary Switch| Charge Port| Vibration Motor

Black Prodigal Son Emitter| Black Thin Neck Adapter01| Black Vigilant Switch|
Black Mauler Body| Black Pommel05

Height: 342mm (13.4646 inches)
(not quite the extensive reach as Dark Ravager)
Waist: Body’s tight. In saber dimensions, 34.91mm (1.3744 inches)

Weight:
I asked her this question and as-if the surface red button greeblie was an actual emotional red button, a dramatic response was returned but still no reply. She’s pretty and light.

If you remember a Post reference I made (or even if you don’t) where I had the following parts in their stock-supplied Black Finish? Well, as a revisit, at time of order placement, the desired Redeemer Emitter wasn’t available and as I went ahead with the Order, subbed in the PS Emitter in the two-toned finish (Black/Brass) instead with the intention of attempting a simulated effort to mirror the Descend*nt Emitter i.e. Redeemer with the PS protrusion.

After a few trials & errors to successfully score a centred ring around the centre and then strip the Black (most of it), I ended up with…

Not exactly the same but I remain happy with the results. I mixed it up a little with alternating smaller holes and larger holes.
The blackened ring of discharged soot when an ignited blade bursts-on.

With purpose, the lower section of the Emitter Cap wasn’t stripped (where it threads onto the brass neck)
rather I wanted a solid black section to offset against the lower half of the TN.

If you’re wondering why I don’t just order the parts in the DT finish, well as black, it gives me more customisingsy flexibility to keep or remove what I want rather have a fixed finish part that would require adding actual colouring. Removing something whilst sometimes difficult is still easier as a process than adding it. These Black parts were much harder to strip (using tried methods) than other Black parts of prebuilds that I have done before.

Champion PlugNPlay V2 Kit
The setup is pretty straight forward and simple, perfect for an electronic klutz like myself.
Two doors stood before me. DIY or PnP. I went the latter.

On receipt, plugged everything in to where they should be and fired her up. She purred to life. The ignition sound upon activation always sends a bit of a chill down my spine. Hooked it up to the wall for a top up before doing anything else. There was lights, there was sound and there was a rumble. Stretched out, the wires that form part of the pre-wiring are long and generous. The vibration motor is strong and sitting at my desk without a Hilt around it, the constant rumble sees the pack shake itself across the surface of said desk. Long wires with micro deans connector plugs to the QC LED Module, the white (something something *insert correct plug/connector type here*) goes with the charge port (standard inclusion with V2 Kits) and the other micro deans to the switch.

Without obstructions i.e. the hilt casing around it, plugging and unplugging the connectors is like cracking the shells of some roasted peanuts to get to the goodness inside.
Good thing there was a cold one within arm’s reach.

Stuffing everything into the Hilt proved to have some challenges that were soon overcome. With the generous wire length it became an exercise of strategically coiling/looping and stuffing everything into a small hole. Like trying to squeeze back into that lost pair of jeans that was stashed at the back of the cupboard for several years, suck-it-in and keep at it. Hahaha. Got there eventually. Plugging the connectors again was like the peanuts scenario above but wearing heavy duty gardening gloves-challenging. With everything tight in there, there wasn’t even a need to glue down the switch and charge port. The sandwiching keeps it secure with nothing shaking loose.

The vibration inside a Hilt becomes very subtle. It’s kinda there and not really there after several swings.
Little impact, no loss. *shrug*

Medium Red. It’s a Red. Love all Reds. Explosive like the opening image.
Last Edit: 7 months 4 weeks ago by OvrcAHst.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: =Ottomatix=

Scarlet ASP SF|Story.....Pt ? 7 months 4 weeks ago #68700

• OvrcAHst

Hahaha the drilled holes aren’t completely uniform. Funny thing is the drill bit slipped a few times. The process started with a straight-up drill into the anodised surface (through the anodised clear coat too) to laughingly skip a step. Well as it turns out (busted some drill bits in the process- Destruction! Cheap inclusions in a hobby kit) after the first slip, decided to completely strip the hardened surface with Sandy first before continuing.

De-stressing. Intended simulated battle damage. This scar lies on the outer-side of the emitter when holding the Hilt with switches and greeblies towards yourself. The single blade retention by default, ended up topside. This exercised from the normal tightening of the threads. Had some shims and after a bit of fiddling jumped onto the CBF’d Train and left it as it is. Not too bothered, wasn’t really need, Parts lined-up pretty well (mostly).

I have often wondered why there aren’t any (that I have seen) where a Thin Neck sports a crack to enable a smidgen of shine through. Well… I went ahead and tried it anyway. The stressing wasn’t simply isolated to the emitter but continued on to the rest of the Hilt.

Scarlet ASP SF|Story.....Pt ? 7 months 4 weeks ago #68701

• OvrcAHst

In addition to being a (bit of) greeblie-nut much like Thin necks and Crystals form that same mix.
Greeblies! As answered-to with Mauler Body.

There is a crack. It does shine through light but it doesn’t bleed light excessively like your typical shine throughs. Two observations made here, one was known and the other, well… soon became verified. All (actually most with the exception of the crowned flute like Forsaken) Thin Neck Emitters have a blade socket depth of 0.75”. Hardly deep enough to encourage extra light specifically through a crack.

All Thin Necks have a lower positioned LED Module and rely heavily on a mylar-tunnel to channel said light. The wall thickness of TN emitter cap’s is tough. Took a while (and a few bits) to successfully break through with the excavation. The break through only gets you to the blade-well ‘cos even if I went further it would F-Up the mylar tunnel so the limited light that results is the residual diffused light from the blade. Subtle? Yes. Great success? Not quite. Though not quite a complete failure either.
Might have to think tank it some more.

Scarlet. Admire her from a distance.
She’s a wild one. She bites.

Someday (soon-ish), she’ll be getting a red outfit.
For now, the fascination is difficult to lessen and remains as this much…

Relative to proportionate size, on its own it seemed much longer than thought and only when placed against existing Exalted’s, much much the same same.

Skittles! Taste the Rainbow.

There is only Passion.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brax, Borommakot, HotRod

Scarlet ASP SF|Story.....Pt ? 7 months 4 weeks ago #68712

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 505
Nice design coupled with the DIY weathering.

I totally think the ASP thin neck is one of the most fun things to play with because of the options around the Adapters. Can't go wrong with an ASP thin neck. I might get around doing a video of mine at some stage.
"I am the Senate"
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

Scarlet ASP SF|Story.....Pt ? 7 months 3 weeks ago #68780

• CrimsonJax88
  • Elite Member
  • Dutch guy living in Norway!
  • Thank you received: 76
Oeh, those thin necks keep being sooo tasty!
Awesome build and amazing DIY work if I might say; as a guy with 2 left hands and no skill whatsoever, it's cool to see what others can accomplish if they just do a little trial and error and try until it functions.
Especially like the 'slash/scar' on the top of the shroud/cap ;)
For my ally is the Force - and a powerful ally it is!

Scarlet ASP SF|Story.....Pt ? 7 months 3 weeks ago #68785

• Jas-Ot
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 263
LOVE the weathering you are doing on these sabers lately.

That battle scar on the emitter... Not sure it wold work, since I don't have a thin neck of my own to play with (yet), but what if you were to VERY CAREFULLY drill some 1/32 or 1/16 holes into the "tube" at the top most portion to let some light bleed through?

AND with the PNP DIY, seems like you didn't get a half assed saber build this time :woohoo:
Last Edit: 7 months 3 weeks ago by Jas-Ot.

Scarlet ASP SF|Story.....Pt ? 7 months 3 weeks ago #68949

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
That's some good work! I love the pommel selection you made here. And as has been said, the weathering looks great. Weathering for me would be running parts over with my car. Yours has more of an intentional and artistic feel to it.

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted

Scarlet ASP SF|Story.....Pt ? 7 months 3 weeks ago #68952

• Jas-Ot
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 263
HotRod wrote:
That's some good work! I love the pommel selection you made here. And as has been said, the weathering looks great. Weathering for me would be running parts over with my car. Yours has more of an intentional and artistic feel to it.

I have a pretty amusing mental image of this right now, lol.
Last Edit: 7 months 3 weeks ago by Jas-Ot.

Scarlet ASP SF|Story.....Pt ? 6 months 2 days ago #70318

• OvrcAHst
Previously…

Someday (soon-ish) she’ll be getting a Red outfit.

The End.

Scarlet ASP SF|Story.....Pt ? 6 months 1 day ago #70329

• CrimsonJax88
  • Elite Member
  • Dutch guy living in Norway!
  • Thank you received: 76
Awesome, it really fits with the TN and style of the saber! :woohoo:
For my ally is the Force - and a powerful ally it is!

Scarlet ASP SF|Story.....Pt ? 6 months 1 day ago #70337

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1063
Black, and red...my favorite color combination. B)
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

Scarlet ASP SF|Story.....Pt ? 6 months 1 day ago #70348

• OvrcAHst
Awesome, it really fits with the TN and style of the saber!
:P Thanks.
Black, and red...my favorite color combination.
It's worked out well. Mucked around with my SP too :whistle:

Here's a sneek... from the Board as it's displayed.

Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Han Solo Movie Loses Dire... (25 Posts)
    • If this is even remotely true, not only were the two directors fired for good cause, it makes Ron...
    • PS-Luke V2 done (24 Posts)
    • Final internal photo's of this install, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna put the Graflex logo clamp on once...
    • Dark Brown Leather Wraps (1 Posts)
    • Hello! I'm considering ordering a 12w medium blue warrior tier disciple with the dark brown leather...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5263
  • Latest Member: SithLordShrek
  • Total Posts: 56.1k
  • Total Topics: 4687
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 1
  • Today Answer: 1
  • Yesterday Answer: 21