Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: My ASP "Aegeus" meaning Protector

My ASP "Aegeus" meaning Protector 4 months 3 weeks ago #71783

• Andi-Jae EL
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 144
This build was a lot of fun! It was my first non-cannon saber. Having the ability to pick and choose each modular piece that would make up this saber made this really enjoyable. What's not to love? Soooooooo many pieces to choose from on that ASP website, I spent far too much time figuring out what I wanted just to see another piece that really caught my eye and I had to start from scratch all over again. The name of this beauty is Aegeus, meaning Protector in Greek. I wanted a name that sounded old world so I looked up a bunch of ancient Greek and Roman names and their meanings but this one stuck. This ASP is sporting a Prizm v4, NECree RGB (amazing LED by the way), ARKM/DSE blade plug R2D2TB (3" long!! for this emitter and still a little short), 2 illuminated AV switches (green and blue), recharge port, and a Goth3D chassis 1.11" OD.

Emitter: Rebel
Switch: Fallen
Body: Venom
Pommel: Sinister Prophecy
All Weathered

I knew I wanted a weathered ASP saber and at first I was looking to do a thin-neck and after designing one for a week, I was ready to pull the trigger until I watched an episode of Rebels and then that changed my mind. I still wanted a grenade section so getting the Venom body was key. Playing with the timing shims was a slight pain but it all lined up in the end. I moved the covertech knob from the body section to the pommel which fit perfectly. I then used a set screw where the covertech knob was on the body thinking I would secure the chassis but at 1.11" the chassis doesn't move that much and secures itself. Although you may think that's a good thing but it's really a little pain in the ass getting it out. I had to secure fishing line to the chassis in order to pull it out nicely to access the recharge port and SD card. I didn't want to drill a hole somewhere in the body to put the recharge port so I just added that to the chassis as well. If I had to do it again, I would really consider using the 1.10". I'd rather secure it with a set screw to hold it in place then rely on pulling fishing line to get it out of a tight fit. I guess I could try sanding it more (already did a little bit) to slim it down some but with all the components in there already, I'd rather not get the sand dust all over everything.
The NECree RGB LED is amazingly bright! It's so easy to wire up, the red already has the resistor on it. Will definitely be using this again for any RGB builds in the future. Here are some pics below and a link to the album if you want to see them all. I didn't log too much of the build with this unfortunately. Just kept pushing through late at night over a couple days and kept forgetting to take pics along the way.

album: http://imgur.com/a/XMsbL

- Light em up

The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brax, Execute66, Dav Yeager, Borommakot, OvrcAHst, DK44

My ASP "Aegeus" meaning Protector 4 months 3 weeks ago #71792

• CrimsonJax88
  • Elite Member
  • Dutch guy living in Norway!
  • Thank you received: 76
Awesome design, that grenade section really works! :woohoo:
For my ally is the Force - and a powerful ally it is!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andi-Jae EL

My ASP "Aegeus" meaning Protector 4 months 3 weeks ago #71799

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 560
Very nice hilt!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andi-Jae EL

My ASP "Aegeus" meaning Protector 4 months 3 days ago #72797

• Andi-Jae EL
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 144
Here is my review video of my ASP if anyone is interested:

ASP Saber Review
- Light em up

Last Edit: 4 months 3 days ago by Andi-Jae EL.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Han Solo Movie Loses Dire... (25 Posts)
    • If this is even remotely true, not only were the two directors fired for good cause, it makes Ron...
    • PS-Luke V2 done (24 Posts)
    • Final internal photo's of this install, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna put the Graflex logo clamp on once...
    • Dark Brown Leather Wraps (1 Posts)
    • Hello! I'm considering ordering a 12w medium blue warrior tier disciple with the dark brown leather...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5263
  • Latest Member: SithLordShrek
  • Total Posts: 56.1k
  • Total Topics: 4687
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 1
  • Today Answer: 1
  • Yesterday Answer: 21