Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: My ASP Avenging Mauler

My ASP Avenging Mauler 2 months 1 week ago #74649

• Nishtol
  • Thank you received: 2
Perhaps not the most original ASP, however I'm quite happy with how it turned out. I was looking to create a hilt that was small short enough that it wouldn't be uncomfortable to wield one handed(some previous sabers I've bought have been a little too long and, even though I've got rather large hands, they bump my wrist when I try to use them one handed). The "anodized" finish, which they apply before weathering, seems to cause a bit of a tight fit for the blade and speaker. With a little sanding, it all works out.

I just received the Hero plug and play package today and installed it, I will post the completed saber when I get some time. Unfortunately I'm currently working 6 days a week.

Last Edit: 2 months 1 week ago by Brax.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66

My ASP Avenging Mauler 2 months 1 week ago #74670

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 819
Hi Nishtol,

You say that your saber isn't very creative but I like it, and the main thing is that YOU designed it using the parts that "Called to you" and you assembled it yourself.

The saber is yours!

Congrats and kind regards,

For Tyeth
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nishtol

My ASP Avenging Mauler 2 months 1 week ago #74671

• Nishtol
  • Thank you received: 2
I did say "Perhaps" it isn't original, not that it wasn't creative..lol..as for what called to me, it was more the price and sizes that made the call.
I'm thinking of designing my own saber which I'm not sure yet how to proceed. I want to copper electroplate strips(I know I'll need to use vinyl to do this) and electroetch the aluminum to weather. I'm looking for the copper to age green(Usually doesn't take very long with oils created by one's hands). What I'm not sure about is how to prevent the threaded portions and interior from being plated as well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: For Tyeth

My ASP Avenging Mauler 2 months 1 week ago #74676

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 505
Very nice!
"I am the Senate"
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Han Solo Movie Loses Dire... (25 Posts)
    • If this is even remotely true, not only were the two directors fired for good cause, it makes Ron...
    • PS-Luke V2 done (24 Posts)
    • Final internal photo's of this install, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna put the Graflex logo clamp on once...
    • Dark Brown Leather Wraps (1 Posts)
    • Hello! I'm considering ordering a 12w medium blue warrior tier disciple with the dark brown leather...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5263
  • Latest Member: SithLordShrek
  • Total Posts: 56.1k
  • Total Topics: 4687
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 1
  • Today Answer: 1
  • Yesterday Answer: 21