Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: ASP: Claíomh Solais

ASP: Claíomh Solais 10 months 3 weeks ago #75052

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 509
Some of you may or may not have noticed today that my "Un-named ASP" in my signature now has a name! When I got this hilt in about two months ago, I felt very "meh" about it. I loved the emitter, and the Frost LED that I put in it, but... it felt like it needed something different done to it to be "complete". So last night I ripped the cobalt stingray wrap off, slapped some green hockey tape on it, and went "Oooooooo!"

Without further ado, I present... the Claíomh Solais!

Or "Sword of Light", if you don't read/speak Gaelic (or Google it, haha).
Pronounced "claive sal-ish" or "cleave sull-esh" depending on regional accent. I figured this was appropriate, considering a) it's a light-saber, and b) my future plans for it (hint).

The hilt is made with the ASP Emitter 10, Sorcerer Switch, Reliant Body, and ASP Pommel 02. It has the Viridian PnP sound kit, blue lighted switch, and Frost LED.

I really like how it feels in the hand; just under is the emitter is a nice natural grip point for one-handed, the wrap gives it some nice texture for a two-handed grip. My only complaint with the parts is that the blade retention screw is a little low, and there's fair amount of blade wobble. I may end up drilling and tapping a new hole a bit higher up.

The Frost White LED is a great color. It's a nice, soft "ice white". Below are pics of it in a dual-diffused midgrade blade, a VV Photon blade, and a VV Enhanced Blue Day Blade.

Frost also works reasonably well in the SF Purple Day Blade, making a soft violet/lilac, though with the blade being thick-walled it's quite dim. My camera just picks it up as royal blue, so no pics of that unfortunately.
Last Edit: 10 months 3 weeks ago by KelbornX.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brax, Execute66, Greysider, For Tyeth, Vechaljian

ASP: Claíomh Solais 10 months 3 weeks ago #75054

• Lord270
  • Thank you received: 14
Kellborn that hilt looks nice.

The picture of the blade colors with the different blades looks like the Luke ANH blade color on the first one, the second blade color looks kind of like a lime green, and the third looks like the Luke ESB blade color.

ASP: Claíomh Solais 10 months 3 weeks ago #75056

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 509
Thanks!

Yup, that's pretty much what the colors are. Frost by itself is very Luke ANH, then in a blue day blade it becomes more ESB blue. It's just a little bit paler in person compared to what the camera picks up.

Photon blades turn blue light into a "toxic" / "radiation green", but with all the white light in the Frost LED... it actually ends up being more Lime.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Serious discourse for dua... (18 Posts)
    • I will work on that. Single Sinawali lays the ground work. Actual double weapon combat has the basic...
    • Redeemer (aka Obi-Wan sab... (6 Posts)
    • Thanks for all the responses! Really appreciate it!
    • Serious discourse for dua... (18 Posts)
    • Looks great! I understand that this is a drill, but can you show it at full speed as part of a flow...
    • Redeemer (aka Obi-Wan sab... (6 Posts)
    • One more thing. Brightness is really important to me, so most of my saber decisions revolve around...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6775
  • Latest Member: Darth Draigus
  • Total Posts: 67.6k
  • Total Topics: 5714
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 145
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 9
  • Today Answer: 3
  • Yesterday Answer: 59