Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Avenger.
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Saber Forge Avenger Review

Saber Forge Avenger Review 1 year 4 months ago #42514

• cookdiaz3
  • Thank you received: 1
I received my Avenger on January 22nd, 2016. It is my favorite hilt design from the movies. I am uniquely qualified to give an in depth review as I previously owned a Master Replicas Obi-wan Kenobi TPM hilt. (no not a crappy force FX, the full hero quality saber)

First off, I was incredibly surprised at how lightweight the saber was. In my mind, I remember my Master replicas which was a solid saber. The hollow aluminum of the Saber Forge hilt is incredibly light. The edges were very crisp and in some instances sharp, but it was not an issue, as a few passes with a fingernail, and the sharpness was gone. The two tone blade plug is a perfect addition to the hilt. The silver and black compliment the style of the emitter. The blade retention is a little confusing at first with this saber. The three emitter retention screws are in fact also the blade retention screw. Kinda cool, kinda unique compared to the other hilts.

Pros:
Accurate to the original source design
Accurate to the original source specs
Multiple locations for a comfortable grip

Cons:
The hilt has a cheaper version of the "purple hemisphere" which is a solid single piece
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RyanRising

Saber Forge Avenger Review 1 year 4 months ago #42617

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
  • "Remember, [Force] abilities are not inherently good or evil; it's how you use them." --Kyle Katarn
  • Thank you received: 511
cookdiaz3 wrote:

Cons:
The hilt has a cheaper version of the "purple hemisphere" which is a solid single piece

Which part is that?
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0
yellow SF ASP Interceptor

Saber Forge Avenger Review 1 year 4 months ago #42621

• Kouri
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 608
Jaden Korr wrote:
cookdiaz3 wrote:

Cons:

Which part is that?

I *think* diaz is referencing the lack of a crystal in the brass valve:

Last Edit: 1 year 4 months ago by Kouri.

Saber Forge Avenger Review 1 year 4 months ago #42653

• Ollie241189
  • Thank you received: 3
Kouri wrote:
Jaden Korr wrote:
cookdiaz3 wrote:

Cons:

Which part is that?

You may be able to get away with ordering some diamante rhinestones from ebay and glueing it in there. That's a thought for my one...

Saber Forge Avenger Review 1 year 4 months ago #42712

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
  • "Remember, [Force] abilities are not inherently good or evil; it's how you use them." --Kyle Katarn
  • Thank you received: 511
Kouri wrote:
Jaden Korr wrote:
cookdiaz3 wrote:

Cons:

Which part is that?

Gotcha. My understanding was that TPM and the AOTC ObiWan sabers were actually a little different. The AOTC one was chromed, didn't have the holes in the pommel cog, and had the amythest crystal in the valve (while TPM didn't). I remember hearing that during production of AOTC one of the prop guys made the chromed version, and Ewan McGregor loved it so much they decided to use that one.
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0
yellow SF ASP Interceptor

Saber Forge Avenger Review 1 year 3 months ago #43809

• CallMeMistaJ
  • Premium Member
  • "So... Malak was the original meatbag? I like that idea." ―Revan, to HK-47, after recovering his memory
  • Thank you received: 49
Jaden Korr wrote:
Kouri wrote:
Jaden Korr wrote:
cookdiaz3 wrote:

Cons:

Which part is that?

Gotcha. My understanding was that TPM and the AOTC ObiWan sabers were actually a little different. The AOTC one was chromed, didn't have the holes in the pommel cog, and had the amythest crystal in the valve (while TPM didn't). I remember hearing that during production of AOTC one of the prop guys made the chromed version, and Ewan McGregor loved it so much they decided to use that one.

Wait...I thought Kenobi had a thin-neck in AOTC. Am I imagining things?
Own
-Champ 12+ watt Phoenix

Want
-Monarch
-Sinister Prophecy
-Oracle

Saber Forge Avenger Review 1 year 3 months ago #43812

• makten
  • Thank you received: 17
CallMeMistaJ wrote:
Jaden Korr wrote:
Kouri wrote:
Jaden Korr wrote:
cookdiaz3 wrote:

Cons:

Which part is that?

He was holding a rebuilt version of his saber in EP1 for the first half until he dropped it during his fight with Jango Fett...His spare saber for the rest of EP2 was a hideous one.

Saber Forge Avenger Review 1 year 3 months ago #43997

• CallMeMistaJ
  • Premium Member
  • "So... Malak was the original meatbag? I like that idea." ―Revan, to HK-47, after recovering his memory
  • Thank you received: 49
makten wrote:
CallMeMistaJ wrote:
Jaden Korr wrote:
Kouri wrote:
Jaden Korr wrote:
cookdiaz3 wrote:

Cons:

Which part is that?

He was holding a rebuilt version of his saber in EP1 for the first half until he dropped it during his fight with Jango Fett...His spare saber for the rest of EP2 was a hideous one.

What was the difference between the two?
Own
-Champ 12+ watt Phoenix

Want
-Monarch
-Sinister Prophecy
-Oracle

Saber Forge Avenger Review 1 year 3 months ago #44001

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 523
He got the Avenger back after the fight with Jango,followed him to Geonosis where he was captured by Count Dooku. At that point the Avenger was gone and during the battle in the amphitheater two Jedi tossed sabers to Anakin and Obi Wan. The hanger scene duel between Anakin Obi Wan and Count Dooku shows him wielding that saber, which he'd been given in the amphitheatre battle.
Last Edit: 1 year 3 months ago by =Ottomatix=.

Saber Forge Avenger Review 1 year 3 months ago #44004

• makten
  • Thank you received: 17
CallMeMistaJ wrote:
makten wrote:
CallMeMistaJ wrote:
Jaden Korr wrote:
Kouri wrote:
Jaden Korr wrote:
cookdiaz3 wrote:

Cons:

Which part is that?

What was the difference between the two?

EP1 looks like the Avenger with standard finish
EP2 has a chrome finish
The following user(s) said Thank You: CallMeMistaJ
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Saberforge Prodigal Son (2 Posts)
    • 1. Yes, but for anything more than "just gets brighter on clash", you'd need to use a mixed or...
    • The Wait Begins 4.0 (743 Posts)
    • Quote: Quote: One my my sabers just shipped. Ordered on 6/8 and shipped 6/27. That's pretty darn fast! Just...
    • Saberforge DIY parts (4 Posts)
    • I like it. Without all of those knobs and stuff hanging off of it, it's bound to be more...
    • Saberforge DIY parts (4 Posts)
    • Here is another pic, just because the fake switch box wasnt showing, lol...[image]

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5269
  • Latest Member: RonnieHag
  • Total Posts: 56.2k
  • Total Topics: 4695
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 0
  • Today Answer: 7
  • Yesterday Answer: 15