Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Avenger.
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: WEATHERED Champion Avenger

WEATHERED Champion Avenger 10 months 2 weeks ago #64616

• Bobas Hot Dog
  • Thank you received: 6
Let me start by saying that I never wanted “someone else’s saber”. I wasn’t after a screen accurate anything, I wanted my own! Unfortunately, I’m also extremely impatient, and I just couldn’t wait for the launch of the ASP website after my boyfriend received his first saber (a Katana) last fall.

Even though I’m not a girly-girl by any means, I wanted something with a little girlish flare while being easy to handle and duel with. The only sabers that really spoke to me were the Lotus and the Monarch, and I decided neither of them would be ideal for dueling (the Lotus just has too much junk on the end and was not yet available on the main site, and I figured I would somehow manage to break the crystal chamber on the Monarch, because Murphy’s Law). Then one day, I was going through all the sabers on the main site, and I saw the new pictures of the weathered Avenger. Oh. My. Sith Lord. It was gorgeous! It was badass! It even had a feminine air about it! It was….a weathered version of Obi Wan’s saber from Episode 1 :dry: The emitter reminded me of the petals of a flower, and I couldn’t help but picture this beautiful creation with a pink blade. I tried to move on, but I couldn’t. I tried to convince myself to wait it out until the ASP launched and had the in-hilt recharge expansion, but how long would that be? On April 30th, I finally broke down and ordered a pink champion version with a 32” blade and Viridian soundboard. For the next couple months, I struggled with buyer’s remorse. Was this really what I wanted MY saber to be? A weathered version of the saber Obi Wan lost in Episode 1? Really? At the time I ordered, there was no discount or freebie deal, and I watched regretfully as several awesome new promotions taunted me. Then the Lotus became available to the public on the main site and on Etsy. Then the ASP launched, but without the in-hilt recharge. I seriously considered canceling my order on almost a daily basis. As it turns out, I am incredibly undecisive :side:

Then I got the pre-shipment email on July 17th. #$%&@!!! Most people are ecstatic when they receive that email, but I was actually disappointed because now I couldn’t cancel it without paying a restocking fee. I had waited too long, and now I was stuck. I tried to make the best of it by searching for pictures of weathered V2 Avengers, or any weathered Avenger for that matter, and it turns out the only place they apparently exist are in the stock photos on Saberforge’s website. I became a downright stalker of the Saberforge forum, desperately soaking up any mention of the Avenger, weathered or not.

In the couple weeks that it was in “pre-shipment”, I began to get really excited. I just wanted the dang thing in my hands, darnit! Well, this morning it finally arrived :cheer:

As I unravelled the bubble wrap to unveil the hilt, it actually took my breath away when I saw it. It is one thing to look at pictures of these hilts online, and an entirely different thing to actually see it with your own eyes and hold it in your hands. This saber is everything I had hoped it would be, and so much more! I’m 5’5”, and the 32” blade feels so perfect for me! I can spin it with ease, and the saber feels perfectly balanced. I am so glad I didn’t cancel!

My only disappointment was that I had requested a brass kill key and Covertech knob in the comments (which I know is not guaranteed), and was given weathered instead. Not a big deal, it still looks amazing! I know some people have complained about the Avenger having some sharp edges, but the only sharp edges on mine that I've noticed are on the pommel.

Just a note on the kill key in my pictures- my Avenger was sent with the new version of the kill key, which my boyfriend digs but I don’t care for at all, so we traded kill keys and now we’re both happy!

Last Edit: 10 months 2 weeks ago by OvrcAHst. Reason: inserted images
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brax, =Ottomatix=, Borommakot, OvrcAHst, DK44, ToyKeeper

WEATHERED Champion Avenger 10 months 2 weeks ago #64621

• DK44
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 137
I think you made a great choice going with the Avenger! It has such a great look--and I have to say the weathered version really gives the Avenger that "badass" look! Good job! Congrats & Enjoy!

WEATHERED Champion Avenger 10 months 2 weeks ago #64626

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
  • "Either in belief or doubt, if I lean to one of these sides, my reaction time will be dulled if my heart thinks the opposite of what I choose."
  • Thank you received: 207
Rats, you beat me to it!

I had the intention of being the first person on the Forums with an Avenger with either Pink or Purple, but my own indecision has failed me! :P

Awesome looking saber you have here!

Emerald Knight, Chosen, Dark Paladin, Sentinel

WEATHERED Champion Avenger 10 months 2 weeks ago #64636

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1063
As someone who only recently acquired my own Avenger, I know exactly how you felt the first time you actually saw it. The pictures I had seen of it prior to that moment only did it the slightest bit of justice. The weathering and the pink LED you incorporated adds a unique, and attractive spin on an already awesome saber!

I am glad that receiving this awesome instrument of destruction inspired you to officially join the forum, and post a review of it!

Congrats!
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

WEATHERED Champion Avenger 10 months 2 weeks ago #64640

• invasion11
  • Thank you received: 2
Good stuff! amazing looking hilt. it looks like its back from being kicked down that massive pit, that it was kicked; by Darth Maul; but several years after, been picked up by another. maybe a new Jedi in Ep VIII. i have a wild imagination, what can i say?
Obi-Wan: [returning Anakin's lightsaber] This weapon is your life.

WEATHERED Champion Avenger 10 months 2 weeks ago #64645

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 560
Great lookin' hilt! Congratulations :)

WEATHERED Champion Avenger 10 months 2 weeks ago #64752

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
Congratulations! There's something special about that saber that "calls out to you". For me, it was the Monarch (one I see that you almost picked up). You chose a great saber! Glad you found the one that fits you best and that you did not cancel your order!

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Saberforge DIY parts (4 Posts)
    • I like it. Without all of those knobs and stuff hanging off of it, it's bound to be more...
    • Here is another pic, just because the fake switch box wasnt showing, lol...[image]
    • Hello guys, it's been a while since I last used this forum, I hope you're all doing well. Me and a...
    • yellow FoC with tri-cree/... (5 Posts)
    • Thanks for the tips, everyone. I ordered both a pR/pR/Lime and a pR/pR/W (warm white, 2700K). I'll...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5269
  • Latest Member: Annotationsmll
  • Total Posts: 56.2k
  • Total Topics: 4694
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 0
  • Today Answer: 5
  • Yesterday Answer: 15