Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Avenger.
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Another avenger review

Another avenger review 1 year 10 months ago #16748

• Therraforce
  • Thank you received: 1
Summary Review
The avenger feels great in the hand and seems quite wield able either one handed or two handed and leaves you with an overall good experience. I have rated below five stars as I feel a few small details changed the experience from a "I love it" to a "I Like it".

Cons:
1) Delivery was far longer then advertised, which is disappointing (was apparently a workflow issue, was advised they would try to put a covertec clip in to make up for it but was not added, but they were not required to do this).
2 )Product has a couple of sharp edges which isn't a large issue just highlights room for better finishing touches. It did leave a paper cut feeling to both of my thumbs :P
3) Instructions that came with device doesn't mention the menu for sound devices which I just happened to find by accident. (I didn't watch any videos of device to give me the best experience when received so prior knowledge did not affect)
Pros:
1) strong and sturdy product.
2) acts as advertised.
3) feels great to wield.

Initial Summary
Overall the product seems very sturdy and acts as advertised but just lacks those nice finishing touches which can make a huge difference to the experience.

I have the device charging at this time so no photos until later.

Extended Review

For those that are curious the device does leave you feeling like the powerful yet understated Obi Wan from the movies. The sharp edges does leave me hesitant to hand device to my kids for fear of little cuts, and hesitant to hand to extended family as I do want them to think badly of the product.

I cant stress how well the device feels in hand, at first it felt heavy but after wielding it one handed it just feels right, its big but somehow it just add's to it, the weight give the impression that its powerful and unstoppable.

But with this size it brings the ability to two hand it, switching from one hand to two hands for powerful blows pretty much is the purpose of this weapon fast and agile yet able to be a powerful weapon with strength.

Cosmetics
I won't comment on cosmetics much as this device it designed off obi wans, so I'll leave it simple, if someone handed this to me and told me it was a replica made by the same people who made them for movies, I would believe them.

Electronics
As devices isn't fully charged I cant state on how bight it is when fully powered, but at the level I received it, it is quite bright, can't see it outside in the sun but daylight in the house it is clearly defined. Mine was a medium blue and I am quite impressed.
Sounds is good, and at loud setting is damn loud, definitely not for small rooms (which wielding this in is likely to break the room)
The flicker state in the menu, I feel most are too clearly flickering and kind of hurts the eyes, the exception is number five. While I know its a flicker my brain is seeing it more as a pulse, and I feel is alot like the movies.
My own gripe with the electronics is the fact as every time you enter the menu you loose all old settings, it would be nice if on entering it is set to what you previously configured, but really this is just a preference and shouldn't disappoint anyone.

I will leave my reivew at this point until I have this fully charged and play with this bad boy at night. Photos will come at this time as I want this device to have the respect it deserves.
Last Edit: 1 year 10 months ago by Therraforce.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Another avenger review 1 year 10 months ago #17150

• XvExecutorvX
Hey there, thanks so much for the review! I just ordered an Avenger for my first Saber (not looking forward to the 10+ week wait time) and I'm glad to see you're happy overall with the Saber.

One question, I had read in a few places that the speaker is placed quite deep inside the pommel and therefore kind of muffled the sound, but you mentioned that the sound was quite loud. You don't find the placement of the speaker to be a hindrance?

Thanks!

Another avenger review 1 year 10 months ago #17170

• Therraforce
  • Thank you received: 1
I did read that as well but I think it is kind of like when you put a phone in a bowl, slightly muffled but it seems to amplify the volume. So much so that I mute it at night to not wake the kids at other end of house.

Another avenger review 1 year 10 months ago #17257

• XvExecutorvX
Awesome, that was my only real concern with this saber. Thanks!!
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Saberforge Prodigal Son (2 Posts)
    • 1. Yes, but for anything more than "just gets brighter on clash", you'd need to use a mixed or...
    • The Wait Begins 4.0 (743 Posts)
    • Quote: Quote: One my my sabers just shipped. Ordered on 6/8 and shipped 6/27. That's pretty darn fast! Just...
    • Saberforge DIY parts (4 Posts)
    • I like it. Without all of those knobs and stuff hanging off of it, it's bound to be more...
    • Saberforge DIY parts (4 Posts)
    • Here is another pic, just because the fake switch box wasnt showing, lol...[image]

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5269
  • Latest Member: RonnieHag
  • Total Posts: 56.2k
  • Total Topics: 4695
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 2
  • Yesterday Open: 0
  • Today Answer: 7
  • Yesterday Answer: 15