Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Consular.
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: 12w+ Green Consular

12w+ Green Consular 1 year 1 week ago #60270

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1063
From the first time I saw this saber, I said it was beauty in simplicity. I said that then, and now that I have one to appreciate up close, I stand by that statement. I will even go further, and say that its simplicity and relatively diminutive size actually makes it a very versatile saber!

If you are looking for a great first saber for a youngster, this saber is perfect. If you are looking for a saber that gives you a lot of control with a 2-handed grip (which is certainly feasible so long your hands are not very large), this is a great choice. If you are looking for an off-hand saber, for use with a short blade, this saber is perfect!

With a slightly smaller outer diameter, it is very easy to grip firmly. With no rough, or sharp surface features, this thing spins like a dream. Not that I am any kind of expert there, but I could tell the difference in the rudimentary moves I can do, that they were noticeably easier with this saber. One can darn near twirl this thing like a drum stick!

I absolutely love the look of the emitter, and the windows! The three machined areas beneath the emitter make for a very comfortable grip area for that second hand, and it looks pretty cool too. The main grip area is very smooth, even with the shallow grooves, and there are no sharp edges to be found here. The green LED is practically blinding, and very intense! I have heard about the perceived intensity of the green LEDs, but I had to see it for myself to really appreciate it. It's for real folks, and it is a beautiful color! It came with the new style blade plug, which I think is a marked improvement over the old style, and I was a real fan of the old style!

In the midst of all this great stuff, there were a couple of small issues with this saber. Nothing major, and certainly nothing worth sending the saber back for, but there none the less. First, the hole for the blade retention screw was tapped just a little too large. So, the screw won't actually secure the blade plug, or the blade. I happened to have a screw in my spare parts kit, that fit that hole perfectly, so that's what I used to hold the blade in for the picture. Also, I had asked for the saber to have the finish reversed, and it came with the standard finish. Not a huge problem. I am glad that if they were not going to do what I requested, that they went with the standard finish than a weathered one. I don't mind the weathered look, but it was not what I had in mind for this saber. What I actually wanted was for the areas that are usually silver to be black, and vice versa. Even with a green blade, I envisioned this saber as more sith-y, than Jedi, so I asked for the Crimson font. Since, they did not go with the predominantly black finish, the Crimson font is a little out of place, but as I said, not a huge deal.

I understood why they did not do the color scheme I asked for. I asked for it back in mid-March before we really knew that those kinds of requests in the the order notes were now the sole domain of the Custom Shop. I was still kind of going on the premise that in order to get a solid black grenade section on my Exhalted less than a year before, was to ask for that in the order notes. Again, I am not complaining, it just would have looked cool if it could have happened as I planned it.

What I can say about the Consular is that it is a fantastic saber! Comfortable to hold, and very attractive to the eye. It is just a great all around saber.

Imagine what you will know tomorrow....
Last Edit: 1 year 1 week ago by Brax.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alfarandals, Greysider, =Ottomatix=, OvrcAHst, TheGrandAdmiral

12w+ Green Consular 1 year 1 week ago #60274

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1602
A nice and welcome addition to your Collection Brax. Admittedly, it's a Hilt I've never really noticed or considered. With your write-up, whilst I have easily dismissed this before perhaps I may need to look at it more closely. Agreement with your comment about the brilliance of Green. Similarly so with all colours at how remarkable they are in person versus picture reference however Green does have an unparalleled intensity. Is that a 26 or 32" blade you opted for because it looks dwarfed against the shadows of your guns. I believe some more kayak-paddle clips are required to expand your wall mount display. Thank you for sharing.

12w+ Green Consular 1 year 1 week ago #60276

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi." - Quinlan Vos
  • Thank you received: 298
Very nice Consular Brax. Showed it to Mrs. Greysider and now she is considering getting one for her nephew.
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

12w+ Green Consular 1 year 1 week ago #60281

• Brax
  • Administrator
OvrcAHst wrote:
A nice and welcome addition to your Collection Brax. Admittedly, it's a Hilt I've never really noticed or considered. With your write-up, whilst I have easily dismissed this before perhaps I may need to look at it more closely. Agreement with your comment about the brilliance of Green. Similarly so with all colours at how remarkable they are in person versus picture reference however Green does have an unparalleled intensity. Is that a 26 or 32" blade you opted for because it looks dwarfed against the shadows of your guns. I believe some more kayak-paddle clips are required to expand your wall mount display. Thank you for sharing.

Already had a couple of spare paddle clips on hand, so it is already mounted above the Dark Reliant. I will update my collection photo when I get a chance.

As for the blade, it is a 26". I had enough 32" and 37" blades laying about already, and this gives me the option to use it as a main-hand, or an off-hand.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

12w+ Green Consular 1 year 1 week ago #60293

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 523
Alright, I like your new Consular Brax. Reading your review, it's unfortunate the finish wasn't changed. That would've been cool to see. I also have a Consular w/32" blade, any larger than that, just isn't practical. In the staff configuration w/ Disciple, it's just on the threshold of being to big. I'm 6' and 26" blades might have worked better. Learning how to part the staff in action for dual wielding, has been tedious. The 32" blade is a good fit as a single hilt. Wow got alittle off track there. Cool saber and welcome to the Hall of the Consulars! :woohoo:

12w+ Green Consular 1 year 1 week ago #60328

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
Great review! Sounds like this saber is all performance! That is great to know. I have to admit, I love your idea about the "reversed finish". That would have looked REALLY good. Glad you are still pleased with this saber. Seems like it is a LOT of fun!

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted

12w+ Green Consular 1 year 1 week ago #60334

• Brax
  • Administrator
I just remembered. I am now eligible to be inducted into the Emerald Knights! :woohoo:

12w+ Green Consular 1 year 1 week ago #60340

• DK44
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 137
Welcome to the Emerald Knights Brax! Great Review. Congrats & Enjoy!

12w+ Green Consular 1 year 1 week ago #60341

• TheGrandAdmiral
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 114
Absolutely agree. I always thought it was really good for its simplicity, and this looks great. I know I seem to say this every time but it's another of my favourite sabers (I think it's because there aren't as many reviews of the sabers I don't like as much) but really, it is gorgeous. The green goes perfectly with this, and other than your minor issues, I'm glad you like it.

On another note, yet another saber I need to get at some point in the future (maybe 2 because this looks great as a staff from others I've seen). I think I'll wait for the 7 sabers I'm waiting for to come in first eh?

12w+ Green Consular 1 year 1 week ago #60366

• ToyKeeper
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 85
I've been very tempted by the Consular too. It's one of my favorite designs, seems like it'd be comfortable and easy to use, and it's a relatively low price.

The stock models I've considered most are:
* Consular
* Sentinel
* Venom
* Gladius
* Katana

I got a Venom-like ASP, but I may very well end up with one of the other four at some point too. :)
This is not the post you're looking for.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5268
  • Latest Member: JanieLaf
  • Total Posts: 56.2k
  • Total Topics: 4693
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 0