Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Consular.
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: My kids saber- NOW A DOUBLE!

My kids saber- NOW A DOUBLE! 2 years 2 months ago #8833

• DeLano80
  • Thank you received: 8
I got this champion edition Conular for my five year old boy. I had it done in medium blue because he is a "good guy". I also cut the blade down by six inches to make it more kid size. After cutting it, I realized it was balanced much better. The Consular is a small lightweight saber to begin with. The sound is good and loud, and the led's are blindingly bright. I made the stand for it at work with my laser. It is custom fit for the Consular and is made from steel. My kid loves it. It also hurts to get hit with, even from a five year old.

Last Edit: 2 years 1 month ago by DeLano80.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PatientZ

My kids saber 2 years 2 months ago #8834

• Boba Scott
  • Thank you received: 1
Awesome dude. I can't wait until my kid is old enough to get her own saber. If you have any more shots of it lit up with the blade, I'm dying to see a medium blue. I'm actually considering getting myself a consular.

Beautiful piece though, I'm glad to see some more of the Consulars go up.
"It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man." - Jack Handey

My kids saber 2 years 2 months ago #8835

• ModernJedi
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 14
Very cool! Thanks for sharing with is!

My little guy is 5 months old.....and I am thinking a Master Replica Yoda converted might not be a bad idea. Ill keep it in my collection til he is ready. Although, I like the apprentice saber idea. Alot thinner and lighter than the MRs......

My kids saber 2 years 2 months ago #8841

• habilis
  • The heart is the crystal of the Jedi. The Jedi is the crystal of the Force. The Force is the blade of the heart.
Very cool!

My kids saber 2 years 2 months ago #8863

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1063
I have been a fan of the Consular since the first time I saw it. Nice saber, and great job with the stand!
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

My kids saber 2 years 2 months ago #9082

• DeLano80
Thanks for the kind words. Just wanted to let everyone know.... my kid and his lightsaber gave me a black eye tonight. Not exaggerating. Looks like I was punched in the face. He swings like a champ! I really think he is trying to cut my head off. Aside from the shiner I also have multiple bruises and he keeps hitting my fingertips. That really hurts by the way. It is fun, but I think I might have to get some full body armor. Now what to tell the people at work. I have a meeting on Monday..... DAMN IT BOY!

My kids saber 2 years 2 months ago #9084

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
Get some airsoft armored back gloves, your hands will thank you over and over for them, and they're relatively inexpensive off of amazon. Like, 10 bucks or so. :) Other than that, that's a pretty consular! He's a lucky kid

My kids saber 2 years 2 months ago #9093

• Xelner
  • Premium Member
  • I didn't choose the Force...it chose me.
  • Thank you received: 11
Very cool! I have 3 kids (1 son & 2 daughters) who love to have lightsaber fights with their dear old Dad...maybe an apprentice saber for each would be on their jolly fat man list. My kids don't go for the head or hands for some reason. My kids think because they're shorter than me that shin shots are funny. My legs get all bruised up after a little while.

What was the original blade size before you cut it down? I know SF offers differing sizes of their V4 blade, just wondering what your final size was.

My kids saber 2 years 2 months ago #9095

• Brax
  • Administrator
That saber is about the perfect size for a youngling! They have one cool dad too!

My kids saber 2 years 2 months ago #9117

• DeLano80
My shins are also bruised.... Not sure what the original blade size was, but it is about 28" now. A good size for him.
Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by DeLano80.

My kids saber 2 years 2 months ago #9499

• DeLano80
Call me crazy.... My kid said it would be cool to have a double saber like "Darf" Maul.... So I bought him another one and a coupler to fit. Should be here in a couple weeks. Is it for him or is it for me? I am beginning to wonder...

My kids saber 2 years 2 months ago #9512

• Brax
  • Administrator
I am thinking that second thing, but I guess we will see when it arrives. :lol:

My kids saber 2 years 2 months ago #9621

• syinx
What'd you use to cut the blade? Does a PVC cutter work well with Saberforge blades?

My kids saber 2 years 2 months ago #9678

• DeLano80
I don't know if a pipe cutter would work or not. The blades are very thick. I used a 28" chop saw at work. Cut like butter. The only problem I had was the dust got into the blade and had to be blown out with the airhose.

My kids saber 2 years 1 month ago #10277

• DeLano80
Okay here it is a double for my super spoiled kid. It is a bit long for him and I will probably get two new shoto blades for it to keep him from knocking things off the shelves. Saberforge did a good job and got my order right the first time for this second saber.

Attachment 14.jpg not found

Attachment 15.jpg not found

Last Edit: 2 years 1 month ago by DeLano80.

My kids saber- NOW A DOUBLE! 2 years 1 month ago #10278

• laempchen
  • Thank you received: 6
can you please adopt me ? :P

My kids saber- NOW A DOUBLE! 2 years 1 month ago #10279

• DeLano80
Yes. Then you can lightsaber fight my boy so you can be the one with the busted up fingers. Or better yet, you two could fight to the death for my love and affection...

My kids saber- NOW A DOUBLE! 2 years 1 month ago #10289

• Darth Titus
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 17
Wow.. That saber combo is truly badass! With a weapon like that he will be able to take down Sith no problem lol. I am also really liking the stand you built, it really seems to compliment the saber well. This saber has solidified my interest in double-bladed lightsabers. If I ever get around to ordering more sabers I am thinking of going with 2 weathered venoms, warrior or champion tiers ( money pending lol), and 12 w amber LEDs.
“Oh no, my young Jedi. You will find that it is you who are mistaken…about a great many things.”

My kids saber- NOW A DOUBLE! 2 years 1 month ago #10294

• NeBosa
  • Platinum Member
  • Do no harm, but take no shit.
  • Thank you received: 293
Easy to blame the little guy on knocking things off the book shelf when I can easily picture adults doing the same (and blaming it on the kids)? haha

I've been "kicking tires" with the Consular for some time now. It's easily my favourite design in the Apprentice line-up. The weathered finish and blue blade is a nice combo. Now not only is it a staff but a dual wield also! Very lucky little guy indeed.

I should compliment your stand as well. I dig it much more than the new SF stands. Simple, clean, sturdy, balanced. Looks good and doesn't take away from your focal point of the saber it's displaying.

A good post of a parenting win.

ps. From the sounds of your battle damage I hope you've invested in some face, shin and knuckle protection. Maybe a jock too... cuz well… you know.

Cheers

My kids saber- NOW A DOUBLE! 2 years 1 month ago #10315

• DeLano80
Thanks for the kind words guys. You think anybody would be interesred in these stands on ebay or etsy? The two I have made were sized to fit their respective sabers. Laser cut from steel and welded. I also like simple designs as well.
As for the pain.... I think I am starting to like it. The boy is five so he has no style. He just swings for the fences. Kinda makes it hard to block.
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5268
  • Latest Member: JanieLaf
  • Total Posts: 56.2k
  • Total Topics: 4693
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119