Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: Champion Tier Crystal Ares in 12w+ Arctic Blue

Champion Tier Crystal Ares in 12w+ Arctic Blue 7 months 2 weeks ago #65833

• KiakahiSonic7
  • Thank you received: 61
Here's my full, in-depth review of my brand new Crystal Reveal Ares. I got a Viridian sound font and a 12w+ Arctic Blue L.E.D. unit.

Enjoy the video, guys. Photos and measurement info are coming soon.
Last Edit: 6 months 3 weeks ago by KiakahiSonic7.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66, Greysider, OvrcAHst, DK44

Champion Tier Crystal Reveal Ares 12w+ Arctic Blue 7 months 2 weeks ago #65851

• DK44
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 125
Beautiful saber man! This is one that I really want, the problem is it's one of many that I want, lol.....decisions, decisions.
Congrats & Enjoy!
The following user(s) said Thank You: KiakahiSonic7

Champion Tier Crystal Reveal Ares 12w+ Arctic Blue 7 months 2 weeks ago #65856

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1551
KiakahiSonic7 wrote:
Here's my full, in-depth review of my brand new Crystal Reveal Ares. I got a Viridian sound font and a 12w+ Arctic Blue L.E.D. unit...
Nice addition (and a quick one too), good to see you made your choice with your replacement (or secondary) Hilt. Nice overview of observations discussed and what do you mean you don't like Green? I mean, Blue Walls, Blue Tee.. wouldn't have thought that Blue would be your favoured colour. :huh: :P Nothing to add with the sideplug on Suicide Squad except to acknowledge Margot Robbie, that is all. :lol:
Great thinking with the proposed milled windows/open mouth for shine through on the Rebel Emitter, genius! Congratulations with your choice. Now all that's left is to witness another of your demonstration Videos, going nuts with your new Hilt. Thank you for the share. ;)

Champion Tier Crystal Reveal Ares 12w+ Arctic Blue 7 months 2 weeks ago #65865

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
That was one heck of a great review! Thank you for being so candid with showing what you liked and what you didn't. This hilt is one that has been trying to work its way onto my "Must Have" list. Just awesome!

I agree with you on the Cyan vs Arctic Blue. Too much green in the Cyan for my taste. I've got all 5 Blue LEDs but the problem is I don't have 5 sabers with quick connects to show them all simultaneously. I posted a pic showing 4 of the 5 colors (no light blue) but the pic just does not show the colors very well. I hope you can do better and if I manage to get another hilt built, I'll post another pic.

Last thing...and now I'm entering into territory I know nothing about. Did I not see somewhere where the new crystal reveal system allows you to adjust the timing so you can get everything lined up? I am wondering if this saber has that. Also, is the retention screw absolutely necessary to hold the crystal reveal feature closed? I keep seeing where it is set to bite into the rod of the chamber to keep itself shut. That seems like a strange design to me, but maybe I just don't understand it since I don't own one. :-)

Thanks again, beautiful saber, and beautifully done review!

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted

Champion Tier Crystal Reveal Ares 12w+ Arctic Blue 7 months 2 weeks ago #65866

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi." - Quinlan Vos
  • Thank you received: 285
Beautiful. I love the Ares design and your video makes me want it all the more. Congrats on a great looking hilt!
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

Champion Tier Crystal Reveal Ares 12w+ Arctic Blue 7 months 2 weeks ago #65898

• KiakahiSonic7
DK44 wrote:
Beautiful saber man! This is one that I really want, the problem is it's one of many that I want, lol.....decisions, decisions.

Thanks, man. Oh, woes of having so many to choose from and so little money. Haha. Good luck with your next choice.

OvrcAHst wrote:
Nice addition (and a quick one too), good to see you made your choice with your replacement (or secondary) Hilt. Nice overview of observations discussed

Thank you. I put all the information I collected from our earlier conversations to good use.
and what do you mean you don't like Green? I mean, Blue Walls, Blue Tee.. wouldn't have thought that Blue would be your favoured colour. :huh: :P

No! Ya think? Haha. :P To paraphrase the Joker, "I give the smart-aleck remarks around here! Got it?!" Hahaha. Kidding. But, seriously, I'm a major smart-ass armed with a dry sense of humor. It's just how I'm wired.
Nothing to add with the sideplug on Suicide Squad except to acknowledge Margot Robbie, that is all. :lol:

Yeah, you gotta give her props. She's more than just eye-candy, she can actually act. Which is rare nowadays. But, one other movie I forgot to mention was the third Wolverine solo film and Hugh Jackman's last run as the the adamantium-clawed mutant. I'm gonna miss seeing him on screen in the X-Men films, but, he's getting up there in years. Who knows, he may come back for cameos in the future, but, for now, it's so long, bub.
Great thinking with the proposed milled windows/open mouth for shine through on the Rebel Emitter, genius! Congratulations with your choice. Now all that's left is to witness another of your demonstration Videos, going nuts with your new Hilt. Thank you for the share. ;)

Thanks. I have a few ideas for a custom saber (not ASP), but, it does involve an amalgamation of different saber parts already in existence and a few custom ones I came up with on my own. And yes, I will be doing another video in the dark showcasing the 12w+ Arctic Blue.

HotRod wrote:
That was one heck of a great review! Thank you for being so candid with showing what you liked and what you didn't. This hilt is one that has been trying to work its way onto my "Must Have" list. Just awesome!

Glad you think so.
I agree with you on the Cyan vs Arctic Blue. Too much green in the Cyan for my taste. I've got all 5 Blue LEDs but the problem is I don't have 5 sabers with quick connects to show them all simultaneously. I posted a pic showing 4 of the 5 colors (no light blue) but the pic just does not show the colors very well. I hope you can do better and if I manage to get another hilt built, I'll post another pic.

Last thing...and now I'm entering into territory I know nothing about. Did I not see somewhere where the new crystal reveal system allows you to adjust the timing so you can get everything lined up? I am wondering if this saber has that. Also, is the retention screw absolutely necessary to hold the crystal reveal feature closed? I keep seeing where it is set to bite into the rod of the chamber to keep itself shut. That seems like a strange design to me, but maybe I just don't understand it since I don't own one. :-)

Thanks again, beautiful saber, and beautifully done review!

I saw your image that you posted. And you're right, pictures don't really do it justice.

I believe so. In my video, I showed a retention screw at the bottom of the crystal chamber and how of you loosen it, you can turn the crystal chamber any direction you wish. I monkeyed around with it because I didn't like how the emitter looked when screwed all the way shut, meaning it wasn't perfectly in-line with the center of the switch section. Even with the emitter screwed down all the way, I believe the retention screw is essential to holding it in place as the emitter isn't glued shut, so, it would need some extra assistance. The thing is, if you want your emitter to be perfectly in-line with your switch section, the emitter won't be tightened down all the way on the body and the retention screw will be the only thing holding the emitter in place on the crystal chamber bar (but, if you tighten the retention screw down enough, it will not move on you). The tricky part was rotating the crystal chamber. just enough so that the flat portion of one of the aluminum cage bars surrounding the crystal was dead-center with the center of the switch section, so that way, the screw didn't bite into the teeth of the bars, so, unfortunately for me, I had to find out via trial and, error, but, I got my desired result, so, I'm fine with it.

Thanks again for the compliments.

Greysider wrote:
Beautiful. I love the Ares design and your video makes me want it all the more. Congrats on a great looking hilt!

Thanks, man. Hopefully you can grab one. If I start collecting soon, one of the first sabers I will grab is the Crystal Reveal Guardian before they're gone.
Last Edit: 7 months 2 weeks ago by KiakahiSonic7.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

Champion Tier Crystal Reveal Ares 12w+ Arctic Blue 7 months 2 weeks ago #65901

• Gnost-Dural
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 48
excellent review! not really a fan of the ares, but the pommel and body combo is the same as one of the asp designs I'd like to get in the near future. arctic blue sure looks nice!

Champion Tier Crystal Reveal Ares 12w+ Arctic Blue 7 months 2 weeks ago #65903

• KiakahiSonic7
Gnost-Dural wrote:
excellent review! not really a fan of the ares, but the pommel and body combo is the same as one of the asp designs I'd like to get in the near future. arctic blue sure looks nice!

No arguments from me on the Arctic Blue. Haha. What ASP design are you thinking of doing?

Champion Tier Crystal Reveal Ares 12w+ Arctic Blue 7 months 2 weeks ago #65906

• KiakahiSonic7
Thanks for the feedback, guys. As promised, here are some (unfortunately lower-quality) images of my Crystal Reveal Ares in 12w+ Arctic Blue.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66

Champion Tier Crystal Reveal Ares 12w+ Arctic Blue 7 months 2 weeks ago #65907

• KiakahiSonic7

Enjoy, guys.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66

Champion Tier Crystal Reveal Ares 12w+ Arctic Blue 7 months 2 weeks ago #65908

• DarthAgraph
  • Thank you received: 1
It looks so cool!!! I want a Champion Archon which is what I'm saving up my money for... I never knew SaberForge had a forums for my long adventure here for two years...
Eh, my loss.

Champion Tier Crystal Reveal Ares 12w+ Arctic Blue 7 months 2 weeks ago #65910

• OvrcAHst
KiakahiSonic7 wrote:
Thank you. I put all the information I collected from our earlier conversations to good use.
No! Ya think? Haha. :P To paraphrase the Joker, "I give the smart-aleck remarks around here! Got it?!" Hahaha. Kidding. But, seriously, I'm a major smart-ass armed with a dry sense of humor. It's just how I'm wired... I forgot to mention was the third Wolverine solo film and Hugh Jackman's last run as the adamantium-clawed mutant. I'm gonna miss seeing him on screen in the X-Men films, but, he's getting up there in years. Who knows, he may come back for cameos in the future, but, for now, it's so long, bub.
Why so serious?

Thanks. I have a few ideas for a custom saber (not ASP), but, it does involve an amalgamation of different saber parts already in existence and a few custom ones I came up with on my own. And yes, I will be doing another video in the dark showcasing the 12w+ Arctic Blue.
Yeah, you gotta give her props. She's more than just eye-candy

Champion Tier Crystal Reveal Ares 12w+ Arctic Blue 7 months 2 weeks ago #65914

• Gnost-Dural
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 48
KiakahiSonic7 wrote:
Gnost-Dural wrote:

No arguments from me on the Arctic Blue. Haha. What ASP design are you thinking of doing?

so same pommel and body, then switch 5 (at the moment) and emitter 8. then deep red. maybe.

Champion Tier Crystal Reveal Ares 12w+ Arctic Blue 7 months 2 weeks ago #65936

• KiakahiSonic7
Gnost-Dural wrote:
KiakahiSonic7 wrote:
Gnost-Dural wrote:

so same pommel and body, then switch 5 (at the moment) and emitter 8. then deep red. maybe.

Interesting configuration. Have you thought of a name for it?

Champion Tier Crystal Reveal Ares 12w+ Arctic Blue 7 months 2 weeks ago #65937

• KiakahiSonic7
DarthAgraph wrote:
It looks so cool!!! I want a Champion Archon which is what I'm saving up my money for... I never knew SaberForge had a forums for my long adventure here for two years...
Eh, my loss.

Yeah, I was fortunate to stumble upon the forum before I got my Katana, so I guess you could say I had prior knowledge.

The Archon is a pretty sick-looking hilt. What blade color are you thinking of doing?

Champion Tier Crystal Reveal Ares 12w+ Arctic Blue 7 months 1 week ago #66169

• KiakahiSonic7
Here's a video I posted of me spinning my Ares and showing off the 12w+ Arctic Blue (I seriously need to work on a new saber-spinning routine as this is almost a carbon copy of my first one that I did).

Enjoy, fellas.
Last Edit: 4 months 5 days ago by KiakahiSonic7.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66, Greysider, Eddlyss64, OvrcAHst

Champion Tier Crystal Reveal Ares 12w+ Arctic Blue 7 months 1 week ago #66175

• OvrcAHst
KiakahiSonic7 wrote:
Here's a video I posted of me spinning my Ares and showing off the 12w+ Arctic Blue
You definitely have skills Kiakahi and that Arctic Blue is stunning to the tune of a gentle Moonlit glow. Would hate to be on the receiving end of your swings. Was actually expecting to see a pool mirroring a reflection (and a certain Ex66 Deep one :P ) and then I thought you started walking on water! Similar Intro, different Video and definitely a very different and more tactical display of a certain Crystal Goodie. Nice Work.
(I seriously need to work on a new saber-spinning routine as this is almost a carbon copy of my first one that I did). Enjoy, fellas.
:lol: Mirrors..

Thank you with sharing another awesome demonstration.

Champion Tier Crystal Reveal Ares 12w+ Arctic Blue 7 months 1 week ago #66190

• KiakahiSonic7
OvrcAHst wrote:
KiakahiSonic7 wrote:
Here's a video I posted of me spinning my Ares and showing off the 12w+ Arctic Blue
You definitely have skills Kiakahi and that Arctic Blue is stunning to the tune of a gentle Moonlit glow. Would hate to be on the receiving end of your swings. Was actually expecting to see a pool mirroring a reflection (and a certain Ex66 Deep one :P ) and then I thought you started walking on water! Similar Intro, different Video and definitely a very different and more tactical display of a certain Crystal Goodie. Nice Work.
(I seriously need to work on a new saber-spinning routine as this is almost a carbon copy of my first one that I did). Enjoy, fellas.
:lol: Mirrors..

Thank you with sharing another awesome demonstration.

Thank you. I actually did take a page out of Ex66's book when it came to presentation of the individual blade colors. His videos of his lightsabers in the dark are excellent. I got pointers from him on how to make the blade color pop, so I used the student lounge at the college I'm enrolled at since it has white walls and relatively large windows. To make my videos different than Ex66's, I tend to use clips from the soundtracks of certain video games that seem to fit, and I use more aggression in my swings. As you said, yes, it would suck for someone to get clobbered by the blade when I'm swinging it at full force. Speaking of which, here's another video I posted of me and my friend Jordan doing practice runs for a lightsaber duel we will eventually film. This includes a few outtakes.

Enjoy.
Last Edit: 7 months 1 week ago by KiakahiSonic7. Reason: Video link disappeared
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eddlyss64, OvrcAHst

Champion Tier Crystal Reveal Ares 12w+ Arctic Blue 7 months 1 week ago #66192

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi." - Quinlan Vos
  • Thank you received: 285
Nice video. Beautiful saber and blade color. Arctic blue is fantastic.
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

Champion Tier Crystal Reveal Ares 12w+ Arctic Blue 7 months 1 week ago #66193

• OvrcAHst
KiakahiSonic7 wrote:
Thank you. I actually did take a page out of Ex66's book when it came to presentation of the individual blade colors. His videos of his lightsabers in the dark are excellent. I got pointers from him on how to make the blade color pop
:lol: This much, I know. I recall reading the exchange however don't recall whether it was here or via comments Post on YT. ;)
so I used the student lounge at the college I'm enrolled at since it has white walls and relatively large windows. To make my videos different than Ex66's, I tend to use clips from the soundtracks of certain video games that seem to fit, and I use more aggression in my swings.
Might as well capitalise on the available resources/venues. It's all part of the enrolment terms anyway, right? :P I imagine there'd be heaps of other Saber enthusiasts on Campus that would form a group. Nice use of background audio too. Do you edit the mix for overlay or just take the favoured section of the track and do a fade-in/fade-out?
As you said, yes, it would suck for someone to get clobbered by the blade when I'm swinging it at full force.
Agreed! Have seen Videos of (and learning the hard way through personal experience) the resulting effects from a stray ricochet of blade. However I see you have adopted the bare-knuckled Rule of Fight Club. You bleed, walk-it off. :lol:
Speaking of which, here's another video I posted of me and my friend Jordan doing practice runs for a lightsaber duel we will eventually film. This includes a few outtakes. Enjoy.
This was effective. Loved the dramatic effect of a darkened introductory scene suddenly lit-up by ignited Sabers. Looking forward to seeing your final edit of this choreographed piece. :)

**also, noticed your edit reason. When embedding YT Videos, just copy and paste the YT URL directly into the Post message Box without the open/closed BBcode Tags. ;)
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• ASP 1 (4 Posts)
    • MalsBrownCoat, I really dig your ASP design. Do you like the covertech knob placement? Also, have...
    • 1977 - Star Wars Comes To... (19 Posts)
    • Being one of the younger fans... I still know what you mean Ryan. The "Star Wars Intro" is... THE...
    • ASP 1 (4 Posts)
    • Very nice! Dissident emitter + Switch 10 is always a good choice. :P
    • 1977 - Star Wars Comes To... (19 Posts)
    • I know what you mean Ryan.. to a point. Disney taking over opens the Star Wars Universe to endless...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 4832
  • Latest Member: Thomasram
  • Total Posts: 54.3k
  • Total Topics: 4413
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 6
  • Today Answer: 6
  • Yesterday Answer: 35