Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Disciple.
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: My Disciple 12w Grn Black Reptile Arrived!

My Disciple 12w Grn Black Reptile Arrived! 1 year 4 months ago #31006

• Jonnyk92
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi my name is Jonathan and I have been having trouble buying a saber. When I get to the card date section the expiration date only goes up to 2022 and mine expires in 2023 what do I do?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

My Disciple 12w Grn Black Reptile Arrived! 1 year 4 months ago #31007

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 801
Er! Hi Jonathan,

I don't think you wanted to post this message here, I'm afraid I'm not sure what you can do regarding your credit card, but if you post your question in the Open Topics section I'm sure I did read one member had the same problem.Maybe they can help.

Apologies I couldn't help more,

For Tyeth

My Disciple 12w Grn Black Reptile Arrived! 1 year 4 months ago #31009

• Jonnyk92
It's ok

My Disciple 12w Grn Black Reptile Arrived! 1 year 4 months ago #31123

• Yakub64
  • There is only force.
  • Thank you received: 2
Yeah I saw that and I was curious about this wrap. Honestly I dont like this saber because of the wrap XD im very curious how this looks without any.

My Disciple 12w Grn Black Reptile Arrived! 1 year 4 months ago #31126

• MarcoFett
  • Thank you received: 5
The acolyte is pretty much the desciple without a wrap. Check that out. I love the desciple though I personally think the wrap is what makes this saber. Probably the best looking wrapped saber in my opinion.
It's A Trap!
The following user(s) said Thank You: For Tyeth

My Disciple 12w Grn Black Reptile Arrived! 11 months 4 weeks ago #59239

• mothoinpog
Thanks for posting the pics of the blade lit up. The last saber on my wish list is a substitute for the old "Desert Warrior" model, either an old-style Gladius or a new-style Disciple. Definitely going with the green blade and the black reptile wrap but with a weathered finish. The Disciple has the advantage that I can unscrew the Covertech button, run a leather lace through the groove underneath and make a braid of beads, teeth, and talons.
Bona Na Croin: "Neither Crown Nor Collar"

My Disciple 12w Grn Black Reptile 1 Year on! 5 months 2 weeks ago #70378

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
My Disciple 12w Grn Black Reptile Arrived 1 year ago today!

Yes 12 long months ago my saber arrived in it's little Tobelerone triangle, so here is a report on how the Bal'demnian Blade is doing!

The Disciple is still looking good, but needs polishing regularly! That is probably due to the amount of practising I have done on the 12 Lightsaber Forms (yes I did say 12, the original 7 and 5 new styles a friend of mine has developed). In doing this practise I came to the conclusion that the saber is indeed superbly balanced and the choke point which I love, is perfectly placed for the spinning techniques (in respect of my hand size and build) This is with the 32" V4 Infinity blade (more on this later...) so I had a decent length of blade to look respectable but short enough to spin. My saber has drawn my blood but only once when I attempted a behind the back hand transfer and I grabbed the emitter. Entirely my fault and anyway I have toughened up recently so little knicks don't bother me!

The Champion Veridian sounds still sound as good as they did the first time I ignited it last Christmas Eve. There were a few strange moments where the saber would cut out for no reason (it wasn't the 5min auto shut-off). However the electronics have settled down again and are working fine now.

Of course I am a member of the Emerald Knights, and the Green still looks impressive. I didn't get 12W+ as that released after I ordered mine but it still attracts attention even from passing aircraft and Police Helicopters!.

Now that Green colour has to be contained in the blade and that brings me to the one negative point with the Disciple. It has been dismissed, we've been told it doesn't happen, but the blade socket and retention screw IS an issue. The blade can be cracked by this emitter socket. Mine broke when I swapped out the blade plug for the blade. I had the saber laying horizontally on a table, I removed the plug inserted the blade and tightened the screw. I then lifted the saber from the table to raise it vertically and CRACK!! No contact with any object and I hadn't even duelled with it yet. Just the weight and length of the blade supported by such a small socket and the extreme pressure exerted by the screw. (Mechanical Advantage).
The retention screw wasn't over tight as I had spent MANY months on this forum advising members not to over tighten screws themselves!
I have plans on how to fix this now I am out of warranty, but I still think this is a GREAT saber. It was my first "real" saber so I may be sentimental but I have tried to be objective here. Anyone who is considering a Disciple or the Acolyte will be getting a fantastic looking saber. The Disciple isn't the newest model but it shouldn't be dismissed yet!

So in finishing I'd like to thank the technician who put my blade together I appreciate your effort. There aren't any pictures in this review but you can see the Bal'demnian Blade in my original unboxing/review.

Thanks for reading!
For Tyeth
Last Edit: 5 months 2 weeks ago by For Tyeth.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66, Kered, Eddlyss64, lordshane

My Disciple 12w Grn Black Reptile 1 Year on! 5 months 2 weeks ago #70385

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1055
Glad to hear that you still love your first saber. I sure feel the same way about mine! You might drop a line to Customer Service, and just see if they would be willing to replace a broken blade. They do place a lot of belief in the virtual indestructibility of the V4 blade, so they might be willing to replace it anyway. The worst they could do is say no, and if they say yes, you have a new blade to continue your efforts of mastery over the 12 forms of saber combat!
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

My Disciple 12w Grn Black Reptile 1 Year on! 5 months 2 weeks ago #70386

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
Hi Brax,

Thanks for the advice, I might drop CS an email after their break, but I'll probably look into just ordering a new V4 from Etsy.
Here's to the next year of the Ba'demnian (AKA as the Disciple)

For Tyeth

My Disciple 12w Grn Black Reptile 1 Year on! 5 months 2 weeks ago #70389

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 490
Thanks for the update. I revisited your original thread too to refresh myself. It has been a good year of saber adventures for many of us. Your Disciple looks amazing.
"I am the Senate"

My Disciple 12w Grn Black Reptile 1 Year on! 5 months 2 weeks ago #70390

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
Thank you Execute66, that means a lot coming from a connoisseur like yourself!

I just hope everyone gets a saber in their stockings tonight!

cheers,
For Tyeth

(p.s. one member did PM me to ask if I was willing to sell him it!)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66

My Disciple 12w Grn Black Reptile Arrived! 5 months 3 days ago #70739

• `paratrooper005
i wanna buy a lightsaber like you had. my question and big reqeust is what kind of tier saber did u got ? the one with 250 $ or all the package at 450 $ ? what is the sound difference between them ?
can you send me an audio file with the sound of the blade moving around and clasing objects ? it will really help me..what about the volume, are u satistied ?

what can you tell me more....im outside of the US, Est Europe but a huge fan and i could believe my eyes there is a website that makes lightsdabers, LOL !

can you all guys help me ?
THANKS ! my email adress is This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
any help with be much apreciated !

My Disciple 12w Grn Black Reptile Arrived! 5 months 3 days ago #70755

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
Hello paratrooper005,

The Disciple I purchased is the CHAMPION TIER with 12W LED. The sound is the Sabercore VIRIDIUM (the Lightside Jedi type sounds). I don't have audio files to send you as the sounds are not accessible to transfer by computer. There is a good YouTube video by Jordan Moll (a respected Saber Electronics installer) which demonstrates the Disciple and the sounds so I've included it below. The only difference is my saber has the Black Reptile leather grip and the Kill Key (to cut off power from the battery when not in use) is different.

On the Saberforge main website the Disciple Champion Tier costs $335 (Hilt is $75 + The Champion (Lights and Sound) Upgrade which is $250). Please remember there will be shipping and possibly Taxes to be paid on your purchase. I can't advise you on these charges as they vary depending on which country you live in, sorry.

To me personally the sound is very much worth it if you can afford it. Sound has 3 volume levels, Mute, Low and High, I have mine set on Low and it is still loud enough!
There is only one set of sounds built in (called a font) with swings and clashes plus a special effect sound. If you choose the Viridium the sound will be a Blaster Deflection noise, the Crimson (Darkside Sith sounds) will have a Force Lightning crackling noise. Sounds on a Champion Sabercore soundboard cannot be swapped as the sounds are coded onto the microchip onboard.

A quick search of YouTube for "Saberforge Sabercore Crimson Soundboard" should bring up videos of the Crimson sound board should you want to compare.

The Hero Tier allows you to store 5 sets of sounds (fonts) on an SD memory card and switch between them. You can also buy compatible Fonts and transfer them to the saber using the SD card. Depending on your choice of LED setup, you can get colour changing with the Hero Tier.

I hope this info is correct (I think it is but I haven't advised anyone here for a long time!) and I hope it helps you out. If I am wrong I'm sure other members can assist you.

Good luck getting your saber and I look forward to seeing it!

For Tyeth
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Your top 10 "must ha... (11 Posts)
    • All right I'll bite too! 10.) OT Kenobi fully accurate shelf-queen 9.) Luke Graflex ESB fully...
    • (6 Posts)
    • Well, I have one hilt lined up as a 'build to sell' - a SF Renegade - I have all the internals lined...
    • Hi all, Well I have the saber that "Called to me" from SF's catalogue. As far as other hilts go...
    • I already own 7 of my top 10, but I'm not actually planning on owning 10 hilts. Right now my real "...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5202
  • Latest Member: latwasprzedaz102
  • Total Posts: 55.8k
  • Total Topics: 4638
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 2
  • Today Answer: 6
  • Yesterday Answer: 15