Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Epoch.
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: Epoch - Standard Finish Mint Green Champion

Epoch - Standard Finish Mint Green Champion 2 years 2 months ago #10311

• Choos
  • Thank you received: 10
Hi all,

Got my Epoch today (actually arrived a couple of days ago but I was away) and it is definitely a great looking saber, nicely featured, extremely easy to use.

The Box:

The BIts:

The Saber:

Lit Up:

Beautiful and brilliance with the Blade Plug:

Hmm uneven emiter to window placement:

I was honestly expecting my review to be a 10/10 for this.

With the saber having an uneven fitting of the emitter (like a brand new car with a dent in the door), the interior of the emitter being blackened (clearly nice and silver on the pics) and the saber definitely not polished ... Revised to 8/10 after duelling with my wife.

On the plus side my wifes Epoch (ordered and delivered at the same time) is beautifully aligned on the emitter and with the blood orange and the crimson sound font gets a 9/10.
Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by Choos. Reason: Too harsh
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Epoch - Standard Finish Mint Green Champion 2 years 2 months ago #10314

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1113
The slightly off centered emitter might be fixable. Unless I am mistaken, that part can be removed so there might be some adjustment possible if it is somehow threaded on. If it is held in place by a screw that was drilled a few millimeters off center, it might not allow for adjustment. Fingers crossed on that!

If you want a higher shine, Mothers Aluminum Wheel Polish does wonders, and if you have access to a buffing wheel to go with it, that thing will buff out to damned near a mirror finish!
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....
Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by Brax.

Epoch - Standard Finish Mint Green Champion 2 years 2 months ago #10319

• FailedJedi
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 7
I actual like the interior blackened like that it makes the emitter look better to me at least but that is a personal preference.

It looks really good overall but I do see where those little details could grab your attention especially if you wanted it like the photo perfectly aligned and well polished although in the main epoch picture the inside of the emitter isn't polished but the rest does look more thoroughly polished comparing your pictures to the store pictures.

Still I think it looks pretty awesome but I like it less polished like that.

How did you like the blade lighting?

Epoch - Standard Finish Mint Green Champion 2 years 2 months ago #10320

• Choos
Brax wrote:
The slightly off centered emitter might be fixable.

Unfortunately the emitter is 2 layered pieces (assume they are glued together) and the blade retention screw is drilled through both pieces so even if they could be separated a new retention hole would need to be drilled through the bottom piece.
Brax wrote:
Mothers Aluminum Wheel Polish does wonders.

Thanks will look it up and my wife is keen for both of them to be polished up asap.
Last Edit: 2 years 2 months ago by Choos.

Epoch - Standard Finish Mint Green Champion 2 years 2 months ago #10321

• Choos
FailedJedi wrote:
How did you like the blade lighting?

I haven't charged it up yet and it's daytime here but the blade looks terrific lit, nice and bright and pretty even with the big flare down the bottom of the blade.

Epoch - Standard Finish Mint Green Champion 2 years 2 months ago #10488

• Choos
So with all my agonising and dwelling on the misaligned emitter I finally emailed Saber Forge this morning and got an immediate and very polite apology with advice to send it back with their RMA form along with the option of replacement with the 2015 model.

I acknowledge the offer to change over to the new model is a very generous and I think the new one looks great but I am partial to the Epoch I ordered.

Back to being saberless!

Epoch - Standard Finish Mint Green Champion 2 years 2 months ago #10520

• FailedJedi
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 7
Back to being saberless!

At least they want to set you up with a new one...

Do you see glue/epox that may have used for the emitter? I wondered how that emitter was put together I thought maybe it was brazed.

Epoch - Standard Finish Mint Green Champion 2 years 2 months ago #10528

• Choos
FailedJedi wrote:
At least they want to set you up with a new one...

Do you see glue/epox that may have used for the emitter? I wondered how that emitter was put together I thought maybe it was brazed.

Oh yeah have to say Saber Forge were terrific to answer immediately and offer to fix things that way.

Certainly can't see any glue anywhere on the saber, just snapped some pics of the inside of the Epoch emitter (my wifes one) so you can see where the blade goes, the emitter hood and where the retention screw comes through both.

Epoch - Standard Finish Mint Green Champion 2 years 2 months ago #10530

• Ribber
  • Thank you received: 16
While the company makes sure to get the appropriate number of flubs included in each order, and as angry as it has made me, SF certainly does seem to rectify everything in the end. Glad you're on your way to another success story.
May the Force serve you well.

Epoch - Standard Finish Mint Green Champion 2 years 2 months ago #10532

• Darth Intefector
  • Elite Member
  • My hatred has made me an unstoppable force; my rage a tempest of death and destruction. When I strike, you shall know the true power of the Dark Side. And it shall be the last thing you ever see...
  • Thank you received: 9
Good to know they offered to rectify that for you!

Epoch - Standard Finish Mint Green Champion 2 years 1 month ago #11995

• Choos
Received the replacement saber on Wednesday, nicely wrapped up in buble wrap inside a box and the first thing I see as I unwrap it:

Couldn't believe my eyes this saber has come predropped.

I checked the box thoroughly wondering if it could have been damaged in transport but nope box is perfect inside and the blade was wrapped very well.

I emailed immediately stating I am completely unhappy about this, would find it unfair if I have to foot the bill for more international postage to return it again and 3 days later no reply.

This saber was an emotional purchase for me.

Epoch - Standard Finish Mint Green Champion 2 years 1 month ago #12000

• NeBosa
  • Platinum Member
  • Do no harm, but take no shit.
  • Thank you received: 293
Man, that sucks... smh

Epoch - Standard Finish Mint Green Champion 2 years 1 month ago #12001

• Darth Titus
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 17
Oh man, that sucks. Other than the chip/dent how is the saber? Did they fix the emitter and window problem? Im sure saber forge will make it right.
“Oh no, my young Jedi. You will find that it is you who are mistaken…about a great many things.”

Epoch - Standard Finish Mint Green Champion 2 years 1 month ago #12002

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1113
That is a shame!

Did the original problem get fixed at least?
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

Epoch - Standard Finish Mint Green Champion 2 years 1 month ago #12006

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 382
Woof, that's rough. I totally get your frustration... but I would suggest being a bit patient with them. Expansion/Memorial Day Sale/ASP/New Sabers probably has them stretched thin right now. I emailed them about five days ago and haven't gotten a reply yet, but they've always been responsive in the past so I'm chalking it up to an unusually busy time. I could see that ding as something a new employee did post quality control while packing it.
This saber was an emotional purchase for me.
Double woof.

Epoch - Standard Finish Mint Green Champion 2 years 1 month ago #12012

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
Yeah, from what I hear SF is absolutely slammed currently trying to get new sabers released and ASP announcements and all that jazz.. I know it's frustrating but be patient and don't let your emotions get the better of you and I'm sure you can work out a satisfying conclusion with them.. sorry if happened, tho. It's a shame :(

Epoch - Standard Finish Mint Green Champion 2 years 1 month ago #12019

• Choos
They built a whole new saber according to the RMA return form and the window is perfectly aligned, saber fires up and is nice and bright in the window with the blade plug. I have not had the stomach to take the blade plug out and put a blade in.

LOL when I got the box I was really excited to finally have my dream saber back after only 1 hickup, 2 additional weeks and an extra $50 for postage but seeing it, I am actually over the whole saber thing now and will somehow have to divest myself of it.

Epoch - Standard Finish Mint Green Champion 2 years 1 month ago #12490

• Choos
So after being ignored on email I contacted SF through ETSY and finally got back a message:
I talked to the tech who did your repair as well as our shipping person and they both swear that there is no way the item was posted in that condition. Having seen them both reject sabers for comparatively tiny flaws I'm forced to believe them.

This must have happened during transit, in the customs office, or during unboxing and unfortunately drop damage is not covered by our warranty. After showing your pictures to the owner of the company he has declined to cover the refinishing.

The ding does look relatively minor, however, and you should be able to take the edges off of it with 220 grit sandpaper and a few minutes of your time. That should hopefully have your saber looking almost as-good-as-new in a few short minutes.

I understand that this must be frustrating and for that I apologize. I promise you that you can make it look much, much better in very little time, though. Focus on the thin edge and the corner with 220 grit sandpaper (nothing coarser) using gentle pressure and it will be almost fully restored in a short amount of time. I would do more to help you if I could. Best of luck, and again, I'm sorry that this happened to your saber once it left our shop.

The box did not appear to have been opened, couldn't have happened during transit as the saber was totally bubble wrapped and DID NOT HAPPEN DURING UNBOXING.

Epoch - Standard Finish Mint Green Champion 2 years 1 month ago #12557

• Choos
Just received an email reply from SF as well:
I am extremely sorry to hear about this Chris, your frustration is entirely justified and completely understandable! This is an unacceptable way for one of our sabers to have been shipped out, and I will be speaking to the saber tech responsible for your order to ensure he is disciplined accordingly.

If you would like to print and fill out an RMA form and send your Epoch back to our facility for a full refund, we can do that for you. Or you can keep the damaged Epoch and we can send you a $50 gift certificate for use on a future SaberForge order along with a free saber display stand. Please let us know how you would like to proceed, and if you'd prefer the second option please provide us with your full mailing address and choice of display stand (see attached photos).

Epoch - Standard Finish Mint Green Champion 2 years 1 month ago #12580

• Andrew Ford
  • Premium Member
  • There is passion, yet peace. There is serenity, yet emotion. Chaos, yet order.
  • Thank you received: 17
Ehhh, that's a bit of a bummer, but at least Saber Forge are nice enough to help out and provide decent replies. I never got treatment like that from Ultrasabers when my Shock LE came in faulty... Cocky bastards.
Bowties are cool... And so are Lightsabers!
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Heretic Inner Diameter (1 Posts)
    • Does anyone know the Inner diameter for the Heretic hilt? I'm buying a chassis from Goth 3D. Thank...
    • New Member Introduction T... (2403 Posts)
    • To our new arrivals, welcome! Be sure to peruse the Forum Rules, and FAQ when you get a chance....
    • Saberforge Crusader??? (9 Posts)
    • It's a fear weapon. Not supposed to be used in duels but if you are matched up against someone, ...
    • New Member Introduction T... (2403 Posts)
    • Saberforge Padawan from North Carolina here haha. I am 28 and have been a Star Wars fan from...
    • Want to Ask Phil a Saber ... (26 Posts)
    • When I become aware that the link is live on the main site (and I scan the CLSO FB feed frequently...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5336
  • Latest Member: Silent_Blade77
  • Total Posts: 56.5k
  • Total Topics: 4732
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 120
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 1
  • Today Answer: 2
  • Yesterday Answer: 26