Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Exalted SF Custom|Story so far. Pt II-Verse1

Exalted SF Custom|Story so far. Pt II-Verse1 1 year 2 months ago #54253

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1603
Like a Mailman knocking at your door with delivery of a long awaited package, I here too knock at the virtual door of the Thin Neck Club to submit my entry.

Unearthed: Crystal Shattered Exalted Hero

This Hilt followed a similar path and essentially the same journey as Fatigued: Verse2|Monarch. It was marked as completed January 26, 2016 as another example of Justin Polachek's extraordinary craftsmanship on SaberForge Customs Facebook page. This however arrived shortly after the former, some time since its inception.

I was fascinated by the range of Crystal Reveal Sabers and knew I had to make one (another) my very own. Being a sucker for glowy things and shine-throughs in Emitter windows, it just made sense to ogle towards an exposed crystal but one that could be concealed rather dedicated like (what I thought) was exclusive to Monarch. Research (at the time) returned Reviews about the collapsible brass support rods lacking strength and rigidity and this left me apprehensive. (It's worth noting, that SaberForge ultimately released a newer version replacing the brass with stainless steel to overcome this concern) So with wanting but not knowing if it could be achieved I asked Justin the question. As time progressed and several emails later a solution was reached, he would Custom make one to suit.

The Specs.
SaberForge Quad Cree 6/6/12 Setup: RedOrange/Green/Yellow| Blaster Bolt deflection| Blade lock-up| Hero Tier Spark Color 2| 2W Bass Speaker| Weathered Non-Lit AV Activation| Weathered Non-Lit AV Auxiliary| Micro SD.

With this particular Hilt I again revisited the Shattered Weathering Application but decided to go Medium compared to the previous Light. This Hilt received an alternate integrated part but rather than the Grip being replaced, the Grenade Fore-Grip was substituted.

Measurements:
-Blade Holder Depth = 0.75"
-Hilt Length (Emitter to Pommel) = 12.75"
-Hilt Diameter = 1.50"
-Balance Point (Without Blade) = Centred to the transition of Rear-Grip to Grenade-Grip.
-Balance Point (With 32" V4) = just past the Emitter.

Observations:
The attention to detail (consistent to the last) is outstanding. Again, solidly constructed and reassuringly smooth. There is no restriction to the grip in anyway whatsoever.

No surprise, is ridiculously loud and equally so with brightness when illuminated. I haven't changed any of the settings yet so all are default as arrived. Clash and Swing sensitivity is perfect and the idle hum is generous without being too dominating.

Effortless for dual-hand wield and more so for single hand. I am marvelled by the Crystal Chamber. The 3 windows are generous as not to obstruct the view. The gaps (windows) in the Grenade actually double as a grip enhancement as the fall away serves like an ergonomically customised cavity. Swinging and Spinning, the solid parts of the residual Grenade become brace points.

Conclusions:
I absolutely love and cherish this Customised Exalted. Stunning to look at, remarkable to hold. Having yet to actually duel with (or engage against an unsuspecting hard object) I do remain apprehensive to potentially do so. I can appreciate that SaberForge writes that Thin Neck Blades are designed to ensure a tighter, much snugger fit hence conclusively warranted for duelling. Because of the shallow blade holder being 0.75" (the single retention set screw is less than this) I can't help but be over cautious and conscious of the risk of damage upon impact.

Even if I never actively duel with this Hilt (design concepts were specific for a fixed crystal chamber rather a reveal for the very purpose of duelling) it will still shine with undying appreciation and measure. The following images show some light-bleeding as there is no Blade Plug to filter the flare.
Thank You.
Last Edit: 1 year 1 month ago by OvrcAHst.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Story so far..Pt II-SaberForge CS: Verse1|Exalted 1 year 2 months ago #54254

• OvrcAHst

I cannot successfully capture the Yellow as I see it. Like a Frost White having traces of Blue, this is similar in the sense it has traces of Yellow. It's not rich and golden as you'd ordinarily imagine. I compare it to a hazy Sun shielded by an overcast afternoon. I actually like the mixed result.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66, =Ottomatix=, Borommakot

Story so far..Pt II-SaberForge CS: Verse1|Exalted 1 year 2 months ago #54258

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi." - Quinlan Vos
  • Thank you received: 298
Exquisite. Love it. Congrats.
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

Story so far..Pt II-SaberForge CS: Verse1|Exalted 1 year 2 months ago #54259

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 506
What a stunning array of photos! This is the Art of Weathering at its best! Well done Ovrc.
"I am the Senate"

Story so far..Pt II-SaberForge CS: Verse1|Exalted 1 year 2 months ago #54266

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1070
Fantastic saber sir! Somewhere, Shameem's "Sacrifice" saber is feeling the competition!
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

Story so far..Pt II-SaberForge CS: Verse1|Exalted 1 year 2 months ago #54298

• RyanRising
  • Platinum Member
  • How hard can rocket science be anyway?
  • Thank you received: 143
:woohoo: Oh my gosh it's amazing! When I first saw this saber, I thought the grip windows would have made it difficult to hold, and I am glad that isn't the case.
What can I say? Thin-neck, crystal, duelable... It's fantastic! I may even be getting more of an appreciation for weathering, though I still wouldn't order one that way yet.
The saber is fun to look at, the review is fun to read, you, sir, are very good. Congratulations!
The above post may be subject to editing. A lot of editing.

Story so far..Pt II-SaberForge CS: Verse1|Exalted 1 year 2 months ago #54313

• MommyHoldMe
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 238
What the heck Ovr, how many sabers did you order? This is amazingly beautiful. I love the cracking on it. Seriously gorgeous, and having that crystal doesn't hurt. Amazing purchase, congrats buddy.
You give life, You are love.You bring light to the darkness.
You give hope, You restore every heart that is broken.

Story so far..Pt II-SaberForge CS: Verse1|Exalted 1 year 2 months ago #54370

• RyanRising
  • Platinum Member
  • How hard can rocket science be anyway?
  • Thank you received: 143
MommyHoldMe wrote:
What the heck Ovr, how many sabers did you order? This is amazingly beautiful. I love the cracking on it. Seriously gorgeous, and having that crystal doesn't hurt. Amazing purchase, congrats buddy.

Four. He commissioned four of these things.
The above post may be subject to editing. A lot of editing.

Story so far..Pt II-SaberForge CS: Verse1|Exalted 1 year 2 months ago #54373

• OvrcAHst
Greysider, Ex66, Brax, RyanRising, Mom: Thank you all for your comments.

Brax,
Fantastic saber sir! Somewhere, Shameem's "Sacrifice" saber is feeling the competition!
Funnily enough, my first selection for the shattered weathering for Exalted was Heavy. Shortly after this decision I came across Shameem's 'Sacrifice' and whilst it looked great, was not the extent of weathering I wanted. Fearing the potential similarities I scaled back with the shattered weathering and opted for Medium.

RyanRising,
Oh my gosh it's amazing! When I first saw this saber, I thought the grip windows would have made it difficult to hold, and I am glad that isn't the case.
What can I say? Thin-neck, crystal, duelable... It's fantastic! I may even be getting more of an appreciation for weathering, though I still wouldn't order one that way yet.
The saber is fun to look at, the review is fun to read, you, sir, are very good. Congratulations!
Coincidentally, I had similar apprehensions trying to imagine gripping that section after I was shown the completed Custom Grenade. Am very happy with how it turned out and cannot believe how comfortable it actually is. It actually feels more secure and comfortable than a solid fore-grip without windows.

Mom,
There's an expression that's thrown around when eluding to secrecy, "Mom's the word". Agreed, absolute adoration with the Crystal. I like the design characteristic of the other Crystal Hilts like Jade and Gladiator but wanted a similar concept applied to a Thin Neck. Justin was great and he (as you are more than aware) delivered.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Korbanth Duke-I've been l... (5 Posts)
    • I'm gonna just have to remove the pommel to pull the kill key, its a single allen, the sleep mode on...
    • Ezra (Rebels) Hilt Possib... (3 Posts)
    • The "Interest Sign-up Sheet" that Phil mentioned has been posted in the FB group. The link is here:...
    • Saberforge Heretic & ... (6 Posts)
    • Quote: I bought the Heretic on the 24th May and I'm waiting for it to be delivered. It will be my first...
    • Tanto Hilts Coming! (3 Posts)
    • The Apprentice versions are perfect. I'll give the Tanto a pass.

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5294
  • Latest Member: neoskamark
  • Total Posts: 56.2k
  • Total Topics: 4709
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 5
  • Today Answer: 1
  • Yesterday Answer: 20