Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Southwest Michigan training group, locatiinside!

Southwest Michigan training group, locatiinside! 4 months 2 weeks ago #71401

• Sapherno11
So we're a very small group right now that meets to train and spar. We use wooden lightsabers, as well as actual Saberforge/Ultrasaber/Whatever works.

Anyways, the location we meet at during winter is 4460 Lake St, Bridgman, MI 49106. During summer, we meet outside and change locations to fit the most amount of people. Anyone is welcome, just message me about a starting date, because as of right now we're not meeting regularly.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Southwest Michigan training group, locatiinside! 2 months 1 week ago #74090

• DarthZannah
  • Thank you received: 2
I would be interested in joining. I live in the Decatur area and I'm waiting for my for my hilt order to fulfill and ship. It's a Crystal Exalted Hero.
Last Edit: 2 months 1 week ago by DarthZannah. Reason: typo

Southwest Michigan training group, locatiinside! 2 months 1 week ago #74131

• Sapherno11
we sorta switched things around, we don't just cover lightsaber dueling, but regular swordfighting as well.

I'd still love to meet with you though, once your order comes in, just let me know when/what time would work for you!

Southwest Michigan training group, locatiinside! 2 weeks 1 hour ago #75717

• bigBear
actually, there is a rather lager group in Mi. members from all around Mi.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1493190144312727/

Southwest Michigan training group, locatio inside! 1 week 4 days ago #75826

• Sapherno11
The problem BigBear, is distance.

Which is exactly why I created the group that I did. The nearest place from where I live that's actually a dedicated lightsaber group was 3 and a half hours ONE WAY North of me, in Ann Harbor, Michigan. Wanna know where the next closest one was? Indianapolis, Indiana. 3 and a half hours SOUTH.

Which is why I created MY group, for people that can't afford to drive that far to spend 2 hours swinging lightsabers around. Are there larger groups? Of course there are. Are there better groups? Probably. How far are you willing to drive JUST to get there though? I'm not willing to spend 7 to 8 hours on the road, just to work out for a couple hours. I can do that at home.

EDIT: and after checking the Link you posted, you realize the facebook group you linked is Closed, right? That means its completely private.

Secondly, and more importantly, Zannah actually lives about 1 hour away. As opposed to the almost 3 hours it would take to attend the Ann Arbor group (assuming nabbing dinner afterwards/lunch before). Distance is once again the factor. The fact that there's a group from "All over Michigan" doesn't really seem to help. She (Assuming your a "she" given your name Zannah!) was looking for a group to MEET, and messaged this one. If she wanted to join a "lager" group, I'm sure she would have been LOOKING for one.
Last Edit: 1 week 4 days ago by Sapherno11.

Southwest Michigan training group, locatiinside! 1 week 3 days ago #75845

• bigBear
sometimes it helps being part of something bigger. resources, PR, connections, etc.
yes, the group is closed so people have to ask to join this works great as a filter.
small groups with small goals get small results.
in the 6months running publicly, WE outnumbered the 501st at a con, are part of cons and have promoters asking US to show up. WE also have exclusive rights to opening weekend to "The Last Jedi" at one of the theatres and free run for every stunt we're going to pull off. an Oh chapter opened and AZ and In look to be next.
there's no "I" "MY" or "ME" in "group"
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Your top 10 "must ha... (8 Posts)
    • OK, I'll play. 1. TFA Graflex 2. Ep. II Anakin 3. Mace Windu 4. Monarch (Hero since I constantly...
    • Themed Sabers (803 Posts)
    • Hi Everybody, Just a quick post to Bump this thread up before it disappears. I was wondering if...
    • (6 Posts)
    • Looking back, I would probably buy the parts I wanted as soon as they were available because the...
    • In a random order: 1. Mace Windu ep.1 2. Maul's staff 3. Corran Horn (Genesis) 4. My ASP - already...
    • Well, I have a 1) black Vanquish with red blade 2) standard Grandmaster for my GF, purple blade 3)...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5194
  • Latest Member: Shadowdragon
  • Total Posts: 55.8k
  • Total Topics: 4637
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 1
  • Yesterday Open: 3
  • Today Answer: 10
  • Yesterday Answer: 23