Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Gladius.
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Gladius Hero Tier

Gladius Hero Tier 2 years 1 month ago #12240

• JShelar
  • Thank you received: 9
My Gladius. Standard finish. Brown Wrap. Hero Tier. Royal Blue and Green.

Pros:
Lightweight.
Perfect size. I can wield it one or two handed with ease and comfort. (small hands)
Swinging this thing around is soooo much fun, and easy to do. Just feels right.
Leather wrap is so comfortable and looks great. I requested a darker brown wrap versus what I was seeing on the site; Many thanks to SF for accommodating that request. I love it.
Visually it is great. I like the standard finish and the simple design of the Gladius.
Sound is great. Its not as loud as some ive heard on the forum, but still quite loud; I like it that way. too loud would be annoying, I think.
Motion sensitivity is cool. Can be set to swing or clash rather easy or set to have to use more force(pun) to make sound activate. I haven't quite got the settings down perfect, but working on it.
LED is fantastic. Even at 6W for the Royal Blue and Green, it is impressively bright. The 12W arctic is amazing.
Color choices: I thought I would only get the two main colors; RB and Green, and the combined arctic blue. I was amazed at the ability to use the colorset editor and tweek the colors used to make even more variations of blue and green. Setting up the different colors for blaster blocks/flash on clash for each colorset is so cool.
Blades are nice. I got the standard 37in and also a 32in. Wanted to see which would fit me better. Im 5'8 and the 32in is the better fit, personally. I haven't smacked the blades hard yet, but can only assume they can take quite a beating.
Blade plug is beautiful. Such a small thing added to the saber to make it pop.

Cons: Not much really with the saber.
Couple sharp edges, but I expected this. My combat gloves solve this, plus Ive heard its quite easy to sand/file to make smoother.
The kill key sits right on my leg when attached to the covertec clip, and came out a couple times walking around with it. I'll just have to be mindful of that when carrying is all.
A few times the FOC color gets stuck, and nothing else will happen; I just insert kill key, take back out, and all is well. Heard this happens sometimes, so guess not really an issue.
The 37in blade crinkles a bit. Not sure if that's normal.

I haven't opened it up yet to see inside. Afraid to mess things up. Ive read there is more editing that can be done using the program when inserting the SD card into the computer. Will mess with this option in a bit; once im comfortable opening her up.

Overall: Wonderful Saber. I cant thank Saberforge enough. I am so happy that I went with the Gladius. It is a beautiful saber; easy and so much fun to play with. I love it. It was well worth the wait and money. I hope to buy from saberforge again in the future. Hope this review is helpful, and if its not; cut me some slack; its my first time. :lol: Any questions yall may have; feel free to ask, and any tips on editing/opening her up would be appreciated. Thank you Saberforge.

PS: Carried in town a couple times and got tons of questions and compliments. Im already driving my wife nuts with my new saber so that's a BIG PLUS. :P

Side note: Pics wont load. How do it add them?
Attachments:
  • ...121.jpg (6KB)
  • ...136.jpg (8KB)
  • ...153.jpg (8KB)
  • ...212.jpg (8KB)
  • ...503.jpg (6KB)
  • ...522.jpg (6KB)
  • ...536.jpg (6KB)
  • ...557.jpg (6KB)
Last Edit: 2 years 1 month ago by JShelar.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Gladius Hero Tier 2 years 1 month ago #12311

• FailedJedi
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 7
should just have to click Add File in the attachments section just below the message box when making the post. Then choose the picture file you want and then click the Insert box which also appears in the attachments section to the right only after you choose a file though...remove file option also appears there.
My picture should appear below if I did it correctly

Last Edit: 2 years 1 month ago by FailedJedi.

Gladius Hero Tier 2 years 1 month ago #12316

• Hagman
  • Thank you received: 3
Looking forward to seeing the pics

Gladius Hero Tier 2 years 1 month ago #12319

• Jyn-Toar
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 17
Crumbling blade is totally normal. SF glues their diffusing film in which means that when the blade flexes - which it's meant to do - the film has to fold on itself since it can't move anywhere else. If that makes sense.

Gladius Hero Tier 2 years 1 month ago #12352

• JShelar
  • Thank you received: 9
Added pics up top and more here.....
Attachments:

Gladius Hero Tier 2 years 1 month ago #12356

• FailedJedi
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 7
good looking hilt I hadn't looked at the Gladius too much it looks pretty badass in hand. Good wrap choice very real look to me. Movie set worthy appearance for sure.

Gladius Hero Tier 2 years 1 month ago #12444

• Andrew Ford
  • Premium Member
  • There is passion, yet peace. There is serenity, yet emotion. Chaos, yet order.
  • Thank you received: 17
That arctic blue colour is awesome. I'll definitely be getting a quick connect 12w LED module sometime in the future.
Bowties are cool... And so are Lightsabers!
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Korbanth Duke-I've been l... (14 Posts)
    • Hi Vechaljian, :ohmy: I am loving this build diary! That is a super clean install, you must really...
    • Saberforge Sentinel &... (3 Posts)
    • I love those ripper blades, They are awesome, I really want to get one, but I cant bring myself to...
    • Saberforge Sentinel &... (3 Posts)
    • Main review. I forgot to mention the thin-walled version is NOT suitable for dueling. It comes in a...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5312
  • Latest Member: WilliamsRet
  • Total Posts: 56.3k
  • Total Topics: 4719
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 1
  • Today Answer: 4
  • Yesterday Answer: 18