Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Katana.
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Champion Tier Katana in 12w+ Light Blue

Champion Tier Katana in 12w+ Light Blue 11 months 3 weeks ago #61829

• KiakahiSonic7
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 73
I ordered a Katana Champion Tier--specifically, the Wakizashi, or middle hilt length option--in 12w+ Light Blue LED since I could not for the life of me find a decent, high-resolution picture of a Light Blue blade color on the forum or a video showcasing the color on YouTube. The tsuba, or guard, is the Saber Forge phoenix logo and with a standard, black and silver finish with a Viridium Sound Font. The total length of the tsuka, or hilt, from emitter tip to pommel tip is 11.5" total; from pommel to tsuba, it's 11" even. It's about 1.5" diameter at its widest point and about 1.25" at its narrowest. The blade I got was a standard 37" long V4 Infinity Edge Blade. I ordered this saber on February 29th as this year was a leap year, and I got it on July 1st. So, it took just over four months to get here. Regardless, this hilt is a work of art, and I am pleased, so far, with how this saber has turned out. It does get warm near the emitter when it is in use, however, so I'm not sure if that's a point for concern. But, I guess time will tell, won't it? Link to full review is posted below as well as images. Enjoy.

Last Edit: 9 months 1 week ago by KiakahiSonic7.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jaden Korr, Execute66, =Ottomatix=, OvrcAHst, Gnost-Dural

Saber Forge Katana Champion in 12w+ Light Blue 11 months 3 weeks ago #61952

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1603
Great Introduction and accompanying Review Kiakahi. It had a couple of false starts however made it eventually. Glad to see your persistence with the attachments returned favourably and the added inclusion of the Video just topped it off. A good introduction was made and the history not just limited to your Katana purchase was documented well. You may not be completely immersed in Star Wars and that's okay, the fascination with the Code and Lightsaber's makes up for it. Samurai=Jedi, Great GrandFather=Samurai, You=descendant of Jedi. Congratulations with successful delivery of your Hilt, Thank You.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KiakahiSonic7

Saber Forge Katana Champion in 12w+ Light Blue 11 months 3 weeks ago #61955

• KiakahiSonic7
  • Premium Member
Thanks, man. It took a while, but, at least it got here. There is one issue with the camera I'm having. I use the camera of my iPhone 6s, but when I take photos and even videos with it, there's a blade glare that shows up in the photos themselves. Any ideas on how to fix this?

The above two photos are examples of the glare.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66

Saber Forge Katana Champion in 12w+ Light Blue 11 months 3 weeks ago #61960

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 505
This guy knows how to seriously spin fast!

We were having a discussion at the new member's youtube channel about whether his new LED might be Medium Blue or Light Blue, which is what he ordered. It's a little difficult to ascertain on youtube. But looking at the bottom photo of the saber switched on, it is definitely Light Blue!
"I am the Senate"

Saber Forge Katana Champion in 12w+ Light Blue 11 months 3 weeks ago #61961

• Borommakot
  • Platinum Member
  • May the force be with us.
  • Thank you received: 560
Congrats Kiakahi! It looks great, and that's a solid review.

Saber Forge Katana Champion in 12w+ Light Blue 11 months 3 weeks ago #61965

• Jaden Korr
  • Platinum Member
  • "Remember, [Force] abilities are not inherently good or evil; it's how you use them." --Kyle Katarn
  • Thank you received: 511
Very nice. I've been considering either a full Katana or a tanto sized one with the cog tsuba for my Sith hilt I want next.
KiakahiSonic7 wrote:
Thanks, man. It took a while, but, at least it got here. There is one issue with the camera I'm having. I use the camera of my iPhone 6s, but when I take photos and even videos with it, there's a blade glare that shows up in the photos themselves. Any ideas on how to fix this?

The above two photos are examples of the glare.

Is it in a case with a membrane over the camera? I have my iphone in a Lifeproof brand case that does and will cause that, but cameras and high power LED lightsabers really don't get along well. :P
2005 MR Vader
B/B/W Graflex 2.0
yellow SF ASP Interceptor

Saber Forge Katana Champion in 12w+ Light Blue 11 months 3 weeks ago #61966

• KiakahiSonic7
  • Premium Member
No, actually. Just the iPhone itself. I thought that removing the lifeproof case would fix the issue, but, I guess it didn't. Maybe I need to try that low-light camera app and see what it does.

Saber Forge Katana Champion in 12w+ Light Blue 11 months 3 weeks ago #61977

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
Congrats on your saber! The tsuba is awesome. I think the Katana is one of the Sabers that opens itself up to all kinds of customization possibilities. Each one is so different. Very nice! Enjoy!

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted

Saber Forge Katana Champion in 12w+ Light Blue 11 months 3 weeks ago #61985

• Gnost-Dural
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 48
excellent colour choice! like yourself, i've been looking for photos and r videos of sf's light blue. i guess you're the first.

Saber Forge Katana Champion in 12w+ Light Blue 11 months 3 weeks ago #61992

• KiakahiSonic7
  • Premium Member
Thanks. Here's two videos of what it looks like in the dark in an outside location. The first one is kind of an outtake because the camera went out of focus twice, but I only posted it because that video was fresh off a full charge, so the color is better seen.

The following video is the ninth and final take/attempt at getting the camera to focus, but it's shorter because my arms were getting tired from swinging the saber around, and the light blue color isn't as radiant or noticeable because it had been powered on and down several times and because I went to a spot that was slightly closer to a wall.

The next video I post will be in an indoor location with white walls and windows, so, off of a fresh charge, the light blue should really stand out better and be more noticeable. It should be up probably by either Tuesday or Wednesday.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66, OvrcAHst

Saber Forge Katana Champion in 12w+ Light Blue 11 months 3 weeks ago #61993

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 523
KiakahiSonic great videos, and awesome saber. I really like the color you chose, and a standard finish.

Saber Forge Katana Champion in 12w+ Light Blue 11 months 3 weeks ago #62258

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1603
Kiakahi,
I use the camera of my iPhone 6s, but when I take photos and even videos with it, there's a blade glare that shows up in the photos themselves. Any ideas on how to fix this?
Hey mate, don't have an answer for the troubleshoot above^^ as I've never used iPhones. Is it a characteristic of the lens or Camera settings specific to iPhones that causes the inverted ghost-mirror image? Hey, I watched some additional Videos of yours of your friend Jordan and Demos with Acolyte Hero. You should Post them in Saber Combat DIY Section in Saber Combat Tutorials. :)

Saber Forge Katana Champion in 12w+ Light Blue 11 months 3 weeks ago #62260

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 505
I use an iPhone 6S too and I get that inverted image. I thought mine was to do with the glass panels in the pool room, but now I see that in KiakahiSonic's cool videos too. Learn something new each day...

KiakahiSonic has updated a few more videos with his friend doing some serious spins.
"I am the Senate"

Saber Forge Katana Champion in 12w+ Light Blue 11 months 3 weeks ago #62271

• Muns
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 132
Love it! Haven't seen too many katanas lately, which is a shame because they make such great hilts.

Saber Forge Katana Champion in 12w+ Light Blue 11 months 2 weeks ago #62355

• KPax10
  • Thank you received: 13
Kiakahi-
Thanks for the great review! I appreciate your in-depth look (and a little history too). I too am going to get a Katana, but for my Samurai Kylo Ren... We'll have to compare my Red blade vs. your Blue someday! I'm looking at getting the ASP version and doing a bit of upgrading. Also thinking of adding some Rayskin to the flat areas, then wrapping in a traditional Tsuka-Maki, just to kick it up a notch....
-= Kylo Pax-Ren =-

Saber Forge Katana Champion in 12w+ Light Blue 11 months 2 weeks ago #62448

• KiakahiSonic7
  • Premium Member
KPax10 wrote:
Kiakahi-
Thanks for the great review! I appreciate your in-depth look (and a little history too). I too am going to get a Katana, but for my Samurai Kylo Ren... We'll have to compare my Red blade vs. your Blue someday! I'm looking at getting the ASP version and doing a bit of upgrading. Also thinking of adding some Rayskin to the flat areas, then wrapping in a traditional Tsuka-Maki, just to kick it up a notch....

Thanks, man. And nice. Going for the traditional Japanese look. I like that. The katana was the hilt that stood out to me the most. I was going to do the ray skin and tsuka-maki, but I remembered that it's technically a lightsaber, so I left it alone. But, that's just me. It'd be interesting to see what the tsuka-maki looks like on a Saber Forge Katana, so I can't wait to see how that one turns out. Oh, also, just to give you a heads-up, the full-length Katana hilt is 12.5" long from pommel tip to emitter tip, the Wakizashi hilt length option (which is what I got) is 11.5", and the Tanto is 10.5". So, pick whichever one suits you. Speaking of my blue blade, here is one final video showing what it looks like in the dark.

Hope you like it.
Last Edit: 6 months 3 weeks ago by KiakahiSonic7.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

Saber Forge Katana Champion in 12w+ Light Blue 11 months 2 weeks ago #62511

• KiakahiSonic7
  • Premium Member
I also posted a review of the V4 Infinity Edge Blades. I'm not sure where to put this, so, I figured I'd place it here since it again features my Katana and my buddy Jordan's Hero Tier Acolyte.

In this final video featuring my Katana (until our lightsaber duel short film wraps filming and editing and is released), you can see just how bright the 12w+ Light Blue color option is, even in a well-lit room. No dull spots on the blade whatsoever. There is a little bit of base flare, but, that's to be expected. Enjoy, fellas.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5269
  • Latest Member: RonnieHag
  • Total Posts: 56.2k
  • Total Topics: 4695
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 2