Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Revan' Story in Legends Books

Revan' Story in Legends Books 1 year 2 months ago #50085

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
  • "Either in belief or doubt, if I lean to one of these sides, my reaction time will be dulled if my heart thinks the opposite of what I choose."
  • Thank you received: 207
I did a bit of research earlier this evening for some of the Old Republic books after seeing the fan film known only as 'Revan' (based off the KoTOR book also titled 'Revan'). I was wondering if there were Legends books about Revan during the events of the game KoTOR, including his early battles with the Mandalorians and his fall to the dark side. If those exist, I'd really appreciate if someone would let me know their titles.

Emerald Knight, Chosen, Dark Paladin, Sentinel
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Revan' Story in Legends Books 1 year 2 months ago #50086

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 382
I was wondering if there were Legends books about Revan during the events of the game KoTOR, including his early battles with the Mandalorians and his fall to the dark side. If those exist, I'd really appreciate if someone would let me know their titles.
Nope, no books. The closest material is the Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic graphic novels that take place during the Mandalorian Wars and plays around with the Revanchists on the periphery. Revan is not a main character but he's kinda around in the background.
Last Edit: 1 year 2 months ago by h2soy.

Revan' Story in Legends Books 1 year 2 months ago #50087

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1063
In Star Wars: The Old Republic, there are some story lines that deal with "Revanites" which was a cult devoted to him, a series of Flashpoints that end it finding Revan himself in suspended animation where you free him and hear the story of where he has been these hundreds of years past. Then there is some high-level content where someone posing as Revan causes trouble for both the Rebublic, and the Empire, and eventually you face off with him.

That is as close as I have gotten to learning any of his story outside of that fan movie.
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

Revan' Story in Legends Books 1 year 2 months ago #50089

• MusicallyInspired
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 77
Brax wrote:
In Star Wars: The Old Republic, there are some story lines that deal with "Revanites" which was a cult devoted to him, a series of Flashpoints that end it finding Revan himself in suspended animation where you free him and hear the story of where he has been these hundreds of years past. Then there is some high-level content where someone posing as Revan causes trouble for both the Rebublic, and the Empire, and eventually you face off with him.

That is as close as I have gotten to learning any of his story outside of that fan movie.

Gaaaah! It seems like no matter where I go on the internet, something Star Wars related always gets blown for me as soon as I'm interested in them and start watching/playing. Clone Wars, Rebels, and now KOTOR/TOR stuff. Oh well, at least I got to experience Episode VII without spoilers and I still have Episode VIII...
Last Edit: 1 year 2 months ago by MusicallyInspired.

Revan' Story in Legends Books 1 year 2 months ago #50132

• Darth-Revan
  • Platinum Member
  • Ruler of the Waiting Guild: Round N Round is the motto, Up and Down will you follow?
  • Thank you received: 123
Did someone here said Revan?
"Honor is a fool's price. Honor is of no use to the dead."

- Custom SaberForge Monarch
- Vader's Vault REV-N Elite + Graflex
- Korbanth Kylo Ren

Revan' Story in Legends Books 1 year 2 months ago #50156

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
  • "Either in belief or doubt, if I lean to one of these sides, my reaction time will be dulled if my heart thinks the opposite of what I choose."
  • Thank you received: 207
Darth-Revan wrote:

Yes. Me. I have become a massive Revan fan, enough so to include a Force ghost cameo of him in the second book of Eddlyss' Gray Jedi trilogy.

Emerald Knight, Chosen, Dark Paladin, Sentinel

Revan' Story in Legends Books 1 year 2 months ago #50195

• Darth-Revan
  • Platinum Member
  • Ruler of the Waiting Guild: Round N Round is the motto, Up and Down will you follow?
  • Thank you received: 123
Eddlyss64 wrote:
Darth-Revan wrote:

Yes. Me. I have become a massive Revan fan, enough so to include a Force ghost cameo of him in the second book of Eddlyss' Gray Jedi trilogy.

Then welcome to Revan's fan club my friend. Have a seat!
"Honor is a fool's price. Honor is of no use to the dead."

- Custom SaberForge Monarch
- Vader's Vault REV-N Elite + Graflex
- Korbanth Kylo Ren

Revan' Story in Legends Books 1 year 2 months ago #50355

• h5o
  • Thank you received: 11
Yea, I too recall 1 comic issue in the KOTOR graphic novel where Revan and Malak were the topic a downtime of the story. It's been awhile since I read the graphic novel. The stories take place at the same time but at different sides of the galaxy.

It was like half a page of how Revan came to be via characters talking about Revan. I think they even show what Mandalorians did to the Cathar at the beach.

Malak cameos a couple times in this series and even tried to recruit the Jedi in this story into the front lines of the Manadalorian War.

Other than that, Revan's story is mostly told and played in the various games he is featured in
The Force existed long before the Jedi and Sith united under the light and dark.
It will be here long after these empires crumble...

Revan' Story in Legends Books 1 year 2 months ago #50405

• Snakeeyz99
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 188
Yeah, for the majority of Revan's story you're limited to the graphic novel for his 'origin,' KotOR for his redemption, KotOR 2 as some more backstory/discussion of his motives, and The Old Republic: Revan to explain his downfall that leads to the events of The Shadow of Revan in The Old Republic.

I'm hoping they release more Revan material (lookin' at you, Drew Karpyshan), and until they do I'm gonna hope they're holding off until they eventually canonize him. Maybe some Legends books, maybe a HD rerelease of KotOR, maybe a movie... honestly it doesn't matter what they make, if it has Revan it will sell.

Revan' Story in Legends Books 3 months 1 week ago #73757

• Wolfsaber
  • Pretty fly for a grey Jedi
  • Thank you received: 8
I would love to see or read anything about Revan as well. The first Grey Jedi?
I am a leaf upon the wind....watch how I soar!

Revan' Story in Legends Books 3 months 1 week ago #73762

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 218
Wolfsaber wrote:
I would love to see or read anything about Revan as well. The first Grey Jedi?

Not a Grey Jedi, not really (maybe just before he dies), and certainly not the first. Jolee Bindo in KOTOR2 is a Grey Jedi, and at that time Revan was redeemed to the Light.

Revan was first a Jedi and split from the Order to fight in the Mandalorian Wars (instead of waiting around meditating like the rest of the Order), then falls to the Dark side and becomes the Dark Lord of the Sith and wages war on the Republic, then Bastila Shan helps him to be redeemed to a Jedi again, then he attacks and is captured by the Sith Emperor and held for a few hundred years, and in SWTOR you free him as a Republic player, Empire players then track him and kill him, he fails to become One with the Force (splitting into a Light and Dark half), the Dark half wages war on the galaxy while the Light half does what Force ghosts do (is the Obi-Wan to your Luke) and then you confront him, defeat the Dark half, and the two halves merge and he finally becomes One with the Force.

He may have been a military commander as a Jedi during the Mandalorian Wars, but definitely not a Grey Jedi. It was more of a traditional "fall to the Dark Side" situation. Grey Jedi don't actually surrender to the Dark Side, they just "walk the line" between Light and Dark and use some Dark side abilities (like Force Lighting or Force Choke)... and Revan totally fell, and fell hard.
Aeon, Arbiter, Bastion, Consular, Gladius, Phoenix, Resilient (staff), Vanquish, Vengeance, Xiphos (2)
ASP Dark Crusader, ASP Claíomh Solais

Revan' Story in Legends Books 3 months 1 week ago #73763

• Wolfsaber
  • Pretty fly for a grey Jedi
  • Thank you received: 8
Cool! Thankyou. The only info I have on him is a cool short fan film where a jedi and her protector and some republic commandoes are trying to rescue a girl from some Mandalorians and Revan shows up and and has a confrontation with the jedi. Cool fan film. And the way Revan talks and spares the Jedi made me think he had a grey side.
I am a leaf upon the wind....watch how I soar!
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• FS: SaberForge Fallen (5 Posts)
    • Folks, The Fallen is one sweet saber, especially the way this one has been equipped! $400 is an...
    • Dark Brown Leather Wraps (2 Posts)
    • I have the dark brown wrap on my Gladius. Here's a pic for comparison. Hope it helps you out. I...
    • Custom Phoenix (7 Posts)
    • Awesome! Love that blade plug. Welcome back NeBosa! :)
    • Korbanth Dv6- it is point... (1 Posts)
    • So this was my weekend relaxation project this week, I scored this on EBay for 190, which included a...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5267
  • Latest Member: Maniax001
  • Total Posts: 56.1k
  • Total Topics: 4693
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 3
  • Today Answer: 1
  • Yesterday Answer: 13