Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Number 75 / 100 has come home

Number 75 / 100 has come home 3 weeks 3 days ago #87944

• MJRX8
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 53
August 24, 2017, I placed my pre-order. March 16, 2018, the hilt arrived. The wait was well worth it.

Gorgeous hilt. To the designers and the builders, bravo on masterpiece.

Initial impressions:

Glorious to behold, of course... but the weight of the thing is amazing! This hilt is solid! I've a Crystal Prodigal Son and a Reborn. The Reborn feels dwarfed. The C-PS has about the same weight, the MKII feels dense by comparison.

After getting the SD card situation sorted (Thanks again Brax!), i got my sounds and colors adjusted how i wanted. When I first fired it up out of the box, it was Royal Blue. :blink: So got that rectified.

As for pics, not sure what more i can show that others haven't. So here's Father and Son.

Clarity of thought before rashness of action.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brax, For Tyeth, Vechaljian, Kazemichi

Number 75 / 100 has come home 3 weeks 3 days ago #87946

• For Tyeth
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 1074
Hi MJRX8,

That's a nice display you have there so why not show it off? Two fine sabers and I hope they serve you long and well!

kind regards,

For Tyeth

p.s. Is it just me or does the diorama in the background look like the lid of the old "Escape From The Death Star" Star Wars board game?

Number 75 / 100 has come home 3 weeks 3 days ago #87952

• MJRX8
  • Premium Member
For Tyeth wrote:
Hi MJRX8,

That's a nice display you have there so why not show it off? Two fine sabers and I hope they serve you long and well!

kind regards,

For Tyeth

p.s. Is it just me or does the diorama in the background look like the lid of the old "Escape From The Death Star" Star Wars board game?

Thanks!

The diorama is actually part of a larger display that is supposed to hold all of the 40th anniversary Kenner figures. It came with the the Darth Vader that's shown in the pic. I've not opened Vader though.

The following user(s) said Thank You: For Tyeth

Number 75 / 100 has come home 3 weeks 2 days ago #87994

• MJRX8
  • Premium Member
update: Hero Tier just isn't worth the hassle. When trying to access the SD card, you have to remove the crystal chamber... the wiring for the crystal chamber binds into itself so bad, that no matter how careful you are, you are going to run an incredible chance of snapping wires.

less than 24 hours of ownership, and off to repair my MKII goes...
Last Edit: 3 weeks 2 days ago by MJRX8.

Number 75 / 100 has come home 3 weeks 2 days ago #88008

• Vechaljian
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 322
I'm glad you shared in the other thread..That sucks, I looked at the other thread, and would of never done a quick connect myself for that set up, straight soldered wires would had more give(if pre warned they did it that way), but even then....who knows.....hopefully next go around it will work better for you. Good # you got. :) may not of been, 42, 77, 80, or 100 but 75 is still a good number. :)

Number 75 / 100 has come home 4 days 13 hours ago #89143

• MJRX8
  • Premium Member
2 weeks have passed (into the 1 - 4 weeks lead time) since my saber was received for repair... hoping now to just have it by May the Fourth... since repair doesn't do anything with regard to emails, nor keeps in contact with customer service (according to them), it's kind of hard to get them to respond to my inquiry (sent same day they responded to my repair request) regarding dropping my hilt from Hero to Champion level. I've no desire to deal with this wiring mess again. Thirteen days with no response to email though is aggravating.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eddlyss64

Number 75 / 100 has come home 3 days 28 minutes ago #89220

• MJRX8
  • Premium Member
Happy(er)! Finally hear from CS. Was informed that a new chassis is indeed being developed for the Hero Tier of the MPP hilts. It is still in testing though. Requested that my hilt be dropped down to Champion Tier instead. I've no desire to go digging around again in the hilt to change colors and sounds. Color switching is a quaint feature, but after all said and done... this is Vader's hilt. Deep Red is the way to go, and three font sets enough. Just isn't worth the additional $200 (IMHO). Hopefully the turn around is quick for this change.

Anyroad, wanted to give CS a shout out for getting back to me, and willingness to make the change for me.

already making plans for the next hilt!
Last Edit: 3 days 28 minutes ago by MJRX8.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eddlyss64
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• All by Oneself.. (13 Posts)
    • What they should do, honestly, is make a movie about the most bestest character in all of Star...
    • AGONY - Ronin Mk 3 & ... (69 Posts)
    • D7are you going to enter them? “Do it!”
    • 3D printing parts (66 Posts)
    • Quote: How much did this cost you to make and produce? I may be interested in trying one out at some point....
    • 3D printing parts (66 Posts)
    • How much did this cost you to make and produce? I may be interested in trying one out at some point....
    • All by Oneself.. (13 Posts)
    • If I do go to see the premiere, I'll prpbably wear the Rebel Alliance shirt that I got for Christmas...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 6824
  • Latest Member: HeXeK
  • Total Posts: 68.6k
  • Total Topics: 5784
  • Total Sections: 24
  • Total Categories: 145
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 3
  • Today Answer: 14
  • Yesterday Answer: 45