Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Need help

Need help 3 weeks 2 days ago #76041

• Shadowdragon
Was given a saber by my brother as a gift. Worked good but the led came loose and slid out a bit pushed it back down a tightened it up again. Now the led (which is an amber blade color by the way) shorts out sometimes or just turns a green color. That the fist problem the second is now the saber wont turn on. It boots up fine when the kill key is pulled but when i push the button to turn it on it wont. Any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Need help 3 weeks 2 days ago #76047

• KelbornX
  • Platinum Member
  • Peace is a lie...
  • Thank you received: 220
Are you sure it's not Yellow? Amber is 4x Amber LEDs, no green in them. SF Yellow is 3 Amber, 1 G. If you had Amber the whole time and are randomly getting Green coming on, there's likely something wrong with the LED, possibly with the Green diode itself.

Another question: What saber model is it? If it's one of the Apprentice hilts, it's very likely that you crushed the resistors against this inner ring/flange they have when shoving the LED back down the neck of the saber. I did that to the LED in my Arbiter and had to have it repaired as one of the wires was nearly sliced in half.

Last question: When you say it "won't turn on", do you mean the blade, or the blade AND sound? If you're getting sound but no light, then it's an LED or LED wiring issue. If you're not getting either, then it's another issue; likely a faulty recharge port.

Solutions: Contact SF (This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. ) about Warranty repair, if the saber is under 1yr old (which I'm guessing it is). You'd need to fill out an RMA form and send that with it if they approve the repair. If they don't approve it, or it's too costly for you to ship it back (such as if you're overseas), then there's a few people on the forums here who could repair it for you.
Aeon, Arbiter, Bastion, Consular, Gladius, Phoenix, Resilient (staff), Vanquish, Vengeance, Xiphos (2)
ASP Dark Crusader, ASP Claíomh Solais
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brax

Need help 3 weeks 1 day ago #76049

• Shadowdragon
My brother said it was amber but it does look more yellow. The picture is the saber. And when i pull the kill key the led in the switch comes on and it says sabercore crimson. After that i push the button to either go to menu or turn it on and nothing at all happens. I do remember i did accidentally tried to go to menu with thw kill key still in. And this has happened ever since.

Need help 2 weeks 6 days ago #76092

• Jas-Ot
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 268
Hold the button down till you hear it beep - this will take you into the settings menu. Navigate your way through the settings (press button so cycle settings, hold button to confirm and move to next setting). Once out of the settings menu the saber should function normally. If it doesn't after that, contact Customer Service.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Atama
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Trades (3 Posts)
    • I get that, like I just figure to say something cuz I wouldn't mind it but most people wanna build...
    • Custom Saber Build: Self (3 Posts)
    • Yes, I am trying to go through and fix these images now. One way or another, my posts will be fixed...
    • Custom Saber Build: Self (3 Posts)
    • Looks cool in the model viewer (as well as the other two you posted). If all of those dead links...
    • hitoren? (42 Posts)
    • Haven't gotten mine yet, though they just sent out another Kickstarter update the other day....
    • The Wait Begins 4.0 (746 Posts)
    • I just ordered an Initiate tier Acolyte hilt from the Etsy shop. It will be interesting to see how...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5273
  • Latest Member: JessyJeare
  • Total Posts: 56.2k
  • Total Topics: 4699
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 3
  • Yesterday Open: 3
  • Today Answer: 12
  • Yesterday Answer: 10