Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Reborn.
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: All Silver 12W Indigo Reborn

All Silver 12W Indigo Reborn 1 year 10 months ago #16697

• Lord Callous
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not without mercy. Surrender and you may live."
  • Thank you received: 61
Hello Saber Fans. There isn't much more that I can say about this beauty that Shameem didn't already cover in his video review. I will simply touch on a few points and with some pix.

Toblerone has seen better days -

Out of the box I was nothing short of impressed. More than simply being a replica of Revan's Hilt, It is also one of my favorite to use in game (SWTOR). The grip is comfortable for one or two hands. All edges are smooth. Spins are easy enough though if done with a loose grip between the thumb and forefinger the spines can become a nuisance.
My only complaint is that one of the claws running down the spine is not completely fixed to the body as the other two are. I'm not sure if this was designed intentionally. At the end of the day it does not affect the wielding of the saber in any way. It is just an observation.

Blade Plug / Claws/ Emitter and Pommel - The claws look great on the emitter. All edges are perfectly angled. The Blade plug is my favorite and The sound from the emitter resonates well.

The Blade is 32 and illuminates well from emitter to tip. Balance is great.
The indigo is exactly what I was looking for with this Hilt - it is nice and vibrant

In comparison with the Windu Master Replica with Brand New Batteries...

Overall I give the Reborn a 9.5 out of 10, losing .5 only because the claw attachment to the body for the single claw. Otherwise, this hilt has met all of my expectations and it was a nearly flawless execution on the part of Saber Forge. I would certainly recommend this buy twice over.
"Destiny is a lie. Fate is the falsest of hopes. I am beyond prophecy. I forge my own path by making the difficult choices..."
The administrator has disabled public write access.

All Silver 12W Indigo Reborn 1 year 10 months ago #16698

• Lord Callous
  • Platinum Member
Might I also add that these pix and those above were done in a fully lit room - 60W LED 800 Lumens.

Here are some more pics with the Bane:

"Destiny is a lie. Fate is the falsest of hopes. I am beyond prophecy. I forge my own path by making the difficult choices..."

All Silver 12W Indigo Reborn 1 year 10 months ago #16700

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
Very very nice... I have a reborn coming soonish, dual tone, however. Can't get enough of this saber style. And everyone says it's super comfortable, so. REALLY EXCITED. lol

All Silver 12W Indigo Reborn 1 year 10 months ago #16701

• Lord Callous
  • Platinum Member
I like the dual tone as well - especially when trying to remain authentic.

Agreed, it is absolutely comfortable, main or off hand. I can easily see this one becoming the go-to saber in my arsenal. :P

All Silver 12W Indigo Reborn 1 year 10 months ago #16702

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1063
I have to admit that I am always surprised when folks say how comfortable this saber is. When I first saw it, I was knocked out by the design, but in the back of my mind, I was thinking how impractical it would be for any kind of dueling. I had it pegged as a shelf queen, and thus it dropped pretty far down my list.

I am happy to know that my initial assumption was incorrect, and it can fill either roll equally well. Now I know if I ever get the hankering for one, I can do so knowing that it is not only a looker, but a fighter!

Thanks for the review, and congrats on the saber!
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....
Last Edit: 1 year 10 months ago by Brax.

All Silver 12W Indigo Reborn 1 year 10 months ago #17009

• ldp
  • Thank you received: 14
I just got mine today. I see what you mean about the one claw being a bit off. There's just a bit too much gap between the body and the underside of the claw.

All Silver 12W Indigo Reborn 1 year 10 months ago #17011

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 382
My only complaint is that one of the claws running down the spine is not completely fixed to the body as the other two are. I'm not sure if this was designed intentionally. At the end of the day it does not affect the wielding of the saber in any way. It is just an observation.
I just got mine today. I see what you mean about the one claw being a bit off. There's just a bit too much gap between the body and the underside of the claw.
This is interesting. Have either of you tried to tighten it down?

All Silver 12W Indigo Reborn 1 year 10 months ago #17013

• ldp
  • Thank you received: 14
h2soy wrote:
This is interesting. Have either of you tried to tighten it down?

Now that you asked, I tried to tighten the screws, and that didn't help. The gap is below the raised area below the switch. It is like either the slot in the claw or the raised section it fits in is off.

All Silver 12W Indigo Reborn 1 year 10 months ago #17034

• JebidiahJee
  • Premium Member
  • Yub nub, eee chop yub nub.
  • Thank you received: 8
Mine has that gap too, but evenly spaced among all 3. I don't mind it too much, it has a light flex/ springy feel when gripped.
Hello, World
Everyday I'm Saberin', Saberin'
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Themed Sabers (810 Posts)
    • Hi E66, Thank you, and I wasn't worried that you'd copied anything! It just happens that the...
    • Is Blade Retention Wrench... (2 Posts)
    • Quote: Hi just posting to find out if the blade retention allen wrench is included in all new orders? Yes...
    • Blue of the Old Republic (3 Posts)
    • either a medium (Royal Blue and Blue mix) or Light blue (regular Blue). It can be hard to nail...
    • Han Solo Movie Loses Dire... (19 Posts)
    • Gotta agree with Brax, I'm not that keen on the ideas of this movie to begin with (but of course...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5256
  • Latest Member: spekdah
  • Total Posts: 56.1k
  • Total Topics: 4686
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 4
  • Yesterday Open: 3
  • Today Answer: 25
  • Yesterday Answer: 18