Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Reborn.
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Dual Tone Champion Reborn

Dual Tone Champion Reborn 1 year 9 months ago #18405

• Knytiri
  • Banned
  • "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."
  • Thank you received: 471
So, like I said in my other review post I just posted... Today was SF Christmas day. New hilts, new blades, new EVERYTHING for me! =D

So, without going through all of that again, I'll just jump into first thoughts and impressions on the saber.

The Reborn is a saber I've wanted since it came out, and diddled around with, hesitated on, rethought a hundred times, bought other sabers instead... skipped over, felt unsure over, and just generally sat and looked at without pulling the trigger on it.

Finally, I got over that, and pulled the trigger. Got it in today, and first thing was "Wow, this is light. And Beautiful."

I was expecting it to be a little hefty, but it's really not. The bottom grip is really slim, and lightweight throughout. The Dual Tone detailing on the saber is just... holy crap. It's amazing. The intricate lines and detail in the saber is just mind-boggling. By far the most detailed saber I own. The claws are sturdy and firmly attached. I've noted a little play in the bottom of the claws, but it actually seems to me as if it was designed that way, to give the claws a little bit of flex for grip rather than being stoically rigid. So, it doesn't bother me in the slightest. The tip portion, while made wider by the presence of the claws, is actually, as everyone else has said about the saber.... surprisingly comfortable. The claws don't bite into your palms, the edges are smooth, so there's no catching on a sharp corner, and they actually do enhance your grip rather than hindering it.

I mean... just look at those clean lines, so pretty... so shiny...

And the dual-tone detailing on the tips of the claws is just a whole new level of detail and amazingfulawesomeness. (this is now a word, you can deal with it.)

For the color, I actually had the opportunity to take advantage of a LED experiment, and get a custom, one-off color. =D

SF has red-orange LEDs they use for their Blood Orange color. This color was created by using 3 R-O, and 1 Amber, making it even more orange... the turnout is actually awesome. The camera doesn't do the color justice at all. It is very much a halloween-esque orange... I freaking LOVE it.

And then, just cause... FAMILY PHOTO TIME FOR ALL THE SABERS! =D

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Dual Tone Champion Reborn 1 year 9 months ago #18413

• Afadir
  • Elite Member
  • There can be no light, without a dark to stand beside it.
  • Thank you received: 67
Knytiri wrote:
SF has red-orange LEDs they use for their Blood Orange color. This color was created by using 3 R-O, and 1 Amber, making it even more orange... the turnout is actually awesome. The camera doesn't do the color justice at all. It is very much a halloween-esque orange... I freaking LOVE it.

I was actually considering asking about how much I would have to slip someone under the table to get a 3 red-1 amber setup in the saber build I have in mind for when the ASP system goes public. Glad to see I'm not the only one who had a a similar color idea.

That is a seriously sexy saber, all around. The Mrs. has mentioned wanting to pick up a Reborn and put some spear extensions on it to make a pikesaber, so that'll likely be our next purchase.
Owned: Champion Bane 12W Bl. Org.
Champion Fury 6W Green
Warrior Chosen 12W+ Mint Green
Champion Jinsu Razor v2 (ASP build) 12W+ Red*

Dual Tone Champion Reborn 1 year 9 months ago #18414

• h2soy
  • Curio Collector
  • Thank you received: 382
I found myself actively avoiding this hilt because I'm suuuuuper ambivalent about the Revan connection

*flame shield up*
cuz I think he's grossly overrated as a character.
*flame shield down*

I've gotten over myself though and this fellow was my lottery win order. Thanks for sharing Knytiri!

Dual Tone Champion Reborn 1 year 9 months ago #18415

• Afadir
  • Elite Member
h2soy wrote:
*flame shield up*
cuz I think he's grossly overrated as a character.
*flame shield down*

I feel much the same way about Boba Fett, personally.

raises flame shield
changes name
goes into hiding on a remote swamp planet
Champion Fury 6W Green

Dual Tone Champion Reborn 1 year 9 months ago #18416

• Knytiri
  • Banned
was actually considering asking about how much I would have to slip someone under the table to get a 3 red-1 amber setup in the saber build I have in mind for when the ASP system goes public. Glad to see I'm not the only one who had a a similar color idea.

That would result in a VERY red blood-orange.

This is three red-orange LED dies with 1 amber. R-O dies are Blood Orange in color by themselves... not straight red. ;)

And actually, if you play the SWTOR Knight or Marauder line... can't remember which now for some reason... there's a sith lord that you end up killing that has this saber long before Revan had it and immortalized it lol. So while the common connection is to Revan, it's more a SWTOR hilt to me.

Dual Tone Champion Reborn 1 year 9 months ago #18419

• Afadir
  • Elite Member
Knytiri wrote:
That would result in a VERY red blood-orange.

Precisely as planned. The desired result I have in mind is something along the lines of "orange core, red halo".

But enough about that, let's talk about your pretty new friend there. I didn't see a covertec wheel in any of your pics. Is it missing that? From what I recall the wheel placement on the Reborn's is far enough back that it shouldn't effect the grip any, but was curious how it handled with one on there, nonetheless.
Champion Fury 6W Green

Dual Tone Champion Reborn 1 year 9 months ago #18421

• Knytiri
  • Banned
Oh cause on those pics, it's sitting on it. It's on the side facing down, at the very bottom of the hilt, on the silver "pommel". The pommel is actually extremely low profile, just a little black ring on the very bottom that screws out. I'll take a pic at some point, lol. It's a nice dual-toned wheel, too. :)

Dual Tone Champion Reborn 1 year 9 months ago #18424

• ldp
  • Thank you received: 14
That looks really good in the dual tone. And the LED color looks amazing.

Dual Tone Champion Reborn 1 year 9 months ago #18442

• Lord Callous
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not without mercy. Surrender and you may live."
  • Thank you received: 61
Thanks for sharing. Love the Reborn. I'm a silver kinda guy, but the DT looks great! The Red-Orange is a cool looking color. Hope they begin to offer it as another option.
"Destiny is a lie. Fate is the falsest of hopes. I am beyond prophecy. I forge my own path by making the difficult choices..."

Dual Tone Champion Reborn 1 year 9 months ago #18502

• Knytiri
  • Banned
Here's that pic of the covertech... it's late, but better late than never.

Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Themed Sabers (810 Posts)
    • Hi E66, Thank you, and I wasn't worried that you'd copied anything! It just happens that the...
    • Is Blade Retention Wrench... (2 Posts)
    • Quote: Hi just posting to find out if the blade retention allen wrench is included in all new orders? Yes...
    • Blue of the Old Republic (3 Posts)
    • either a medium (Royal Blue and Blue mix) or Light blue (regular Blue). It can be hard to nail...
    • Han Solo Movie Loses Dire... (19 Posts)
    • Gotta agree with Brax, I'm not that keen on the ideas of this movie to begin with (but of course...

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5256
  • Latest Member: spekdah
  • Total Posts: 56.1k
  • Total Topics: 4686
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 4
  • Yesterday Open: 3
  • Today Answer: 25
  • Yesterday Answer: 18