Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Redeemer.
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: Standard Finish -Champion 12W+ Light Blue Redeemer

Standard Finish -Champion 12W+ Light Blue Redeemer 10 months 2 weeks ago #65118

• Unleashediv
  • Thank you received: 36
Hey All

This is my first review on a SF Lightsaber. All of last year I had been researching vigorously into looking for a saber of my own. I can't say more than enough that I am thrilled that my first saber is such an iconic one and exactly what I had hoped for.

I actually did not order this saber from SF, but it is a SF Saber. I actually acquired this saber from a performance school here in Australia called Sons of Obiwan, they are a drama school which teaches theatrical lightsaber skills. I try to go regularly but work has me pinned in Sydney.

Anyways, last year before the Premier of TFA, I contact Sons of Obiwan and spoke with the owner, he explained that he orders from SF on a regular basis and had a Redeemer. He advised it was a promo one, but still as good as ever.

Checking it out in person I bought it the night of the Premier of TFA! What a night! I won't forget it.

Here it is! Now I may actually be wrong with the LED Power. I was told 12w+ when I purchased it, with a Veridium sound board and in hilt recharge.

Now I know when I compare it to my recently purchased Reliant it may not be a 12w+. But I do know it is a light blue for a fact because I have seen a medium blue in person recently and I can confirm they are a much nicer and deeper blue.

Now when I purchased it, I did not have a sound card with it. :angry: I was happy to take it anyway because, well, reasons. Eventually I got it.

When I did get the sound card I had a slew of options on how to get it going. Well! Shameem gave me the best idea ever. A magnetic strip of tape! I got this from arts and crafts stores in Sydney. (Not Bunnings, they don't even have set screws :angry: ) Lincraft or Spotlight are great for these.

More photos to come.

One more before the boss see's me looking at more sabers...
Last Edit: 10 months 2 weeks ago by Unleashediv.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66, OvrcAHst, DK44

Standard Finish -Champion 12W+ Light Blue Redeemer 10 months 2 weeks ago #65132

• HotRod
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 343
Very nice! Congrats. I also agree with you that Shameem's magnet solution is wonderful! I love this saber! It NEVER gets old.

- RGBA+ Monarch, FW Epoch, Juggernaut, Exhalted
The following user(s) said Thank You: Unleashediv

Standard Finish -Champion 12W+ Light Blue Redeemer 10 months 2 weeks ago #65134

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1603
Good on ya Mate with finally getting your Redeemer up and sharing with us all. :P

I've never participated at Sons ('cos on weekends when domestic duties are completed I like to follow-up with doing absolutely nothing :lol: ) and well, during the week doesn't work for anyone. Haven't met the Guys there in person but the enquiry exchanges I had with them back in Jan informed me that they (before, not now) got empties from SF and were re-distributors Down Under of SF Products. They did their own electronic installs too so I wouldn't be surprised if you've got a Tri Cree setup in there instead of the Quad Cree. I believe they make their own Hilts now specifically designed for duelling with the duelling aesthetic in the design.

When you write..
Now when I purchased it, I did not have a sound card with it. When I did get the sound card I had a slew of options on how to get it going. Well! Shameem gave me the best idea ever. A magnetic strip of tape!
Do you mean the Plate Card on top of the Box?
Not Bunnings, they don't even have set screws. Lincraft or Spotlight are great for these.
Don't disagree with you here. Bunnings was a misfire. Repco & AutoOne fall short with available accessible parts too. There's heaps of references to (US Lowes) but anyone from Australia will know that Lowes here only sells Uniforms and Work Gear and XXXL+ sized clothes for the big dudes. :lol:

Thank you for sharing... quick Alt-Tab! B)

Standard Finish -Champion 12W+ Light Blue Redeemer 10 months 2 weeks ago #65142

• Unleashediv
OvrcAHst wrote:
Good on ya Mate with finally getting your Redeemer up and sharing with us all. :P

I've never participated at Sons ('cos on weekends when domestic duties are completed I like to follow-up with doing absolutely nothing :lol: ) and well, during the week doesn't work for anyone. Haven't met the Guys there in person but the enquiry exchanges I had with them back in Jan informed me that they (before, not now) got empties from SF and were re-distributors Down Under of SF Products. They did their own electronic installs too so I wouldn't be surprised if you've got a Tri Cree setup in there instead of the Quad Cree. I believe they make their own Hilts now specifically designed for duelling with the duelling aesthetic in the design.
Yeah they have, they don't have many SF sabers left and I am sure they have a Tri-Cree setup. I will take another visit and see if they have any sound boards on hand and buy one or two for my empty Xiphos.
When you write..
Now when I purchased it, I did not have a sound card with it. When I did get the sound card I had a slew of options on how to get it going. Well! Shameem gave me the best idea ever. A magnetic strip of tape!
Do you mean the Plate Card on top of the Box?
Not Bunnings, they don't even have set screws. Lincraft or Spotlight are great for these.
Don't disagree with you here. Bunnings was a misfire. Repco & AutoOne fall short with available accessible parts too. There's heaps of references to (US Lowes) but anyone from Australia will know that Lowes here only sells Uniforms and Work Gear and XXXL+ sized clothes for the big dudes. :lol:

Ah sorry meant to say plate card yes. So yeah Spotlight nailed it in the arts and crafts section so many goodies for sabers. But yeah didn't get the plate on top of the control box and the guys wanted to glue it on. Hell no was my response. I'll show some photos of that later when I get home tonight.
Thank you for sharing... quick Alt-Tab! B)

Thank you and Hotrod! I will be doing more tonight including what I did with the plate card and showing off the difference between normal v4 and blue day blade as well :) :D
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

Standard Finish -Champion 12W+ Light Blue Redeemer 10 months 2 weeks ago #65143

• Unleashediv
HotRod wrote:
Very nice! Congrats. I also agree with you that Shameem's magnet solution is wonderful! I love this saber! It NEVER gets old.

Thank you dude. I got more photos to do once I get home and I want to open up the floor to ideas moving forward. I'll have 3 custom sabers soon and I want them all unique.

Standard Finish -Champion 12W+ Light Blue Redeemer 10 months 2 weeks ago #65151

• OvrcAHst
Unleashediv wrote:
Yeah they have, they don't have many SF sabers left and I am sure they have a Tri-Cree setup. I will take another visit and see if they have any sound boards on hand and buy one or two for my empty Xiphos.
I'm surprised they have any SF Sabers at all (unless they're the Demo Models from the Classes). I haven't seen any of these advertised on their website or are they exclusively available in person up at Tuggerah only? Groot (Travis, IIRC) is the resident install Guy there. The SoundBoards (back when I was enquiring) used were NB3.0. I remain unsure if they sell any separately or if still the same Board. If yours is a Soundless Hilt, quite possibly (I could be wrong and they never converted the LED in yours) it's a Tri Cree BBW without the FoC wired to be active.
I'll show some photos of that later when I get home tonight.
Oh goody. Pictures are always welcome. :lol:

Standard Finish -Champion 12W+ Light Blue Redeemer 10 months 2 weeks ago #65152

• Unleashediv
OvrcAHst wrote:
I'm surprised they have any SF Sabers at all (unless they're the Demo Models from the Classes). I haven't seen any of these advertised on their website or are they exclusively available in person up at Tuggerah only? Groot (Travis, IIRC) is the resident install Guy there. The SoundBoards (back when I was enquiring) used were NB3.0. I remain unsure if they sell any separately or if still the same Board. If yours is a Soundless Hilt, quite possibly (I could be wrong and they never converted the LED in yours) it's a Tri Cree BBW without the FoC wired to be active.

My hilt for the Redeemer has sound. Champion with Veridium sound board and in-hilt recharge :)

I believe they are Demo Models, they are in person over the counter if you want them. They are a great bunch of blokes and I am going to try and get in touch with Travis (Groot) to talk to him about my options.
And yeah he uses NB3.0.

Ok so last I saw, they had a Katana, 2x Gladius v2, Arbiter and a Exhalted. I am not sure what setup they have but pretty sure they are ready to go.

Their own brand saber, I saw it in person. Comfortable to grip, really made for one thing and one thing only. Belt the living $#!7 out of it. They take a massive beating. Dropped, thrown, you name it. But yes no sound. Just colours at the moment. The blades are insane too, however no film. For something you want to abuse I would consider buying one. But I want a smaller hilt.

OvrcAHst wrote:
Oh goody. Pictures are always welcome. :lol:

Question, I want to get a thread going for suggestions. I have 3 sabers and now I want to get them where I want too sound and colour wise. New thread and if so where?
Pics INC! I swear!

Standard Finish -Champion 12W+ Light Blue Redeemer 10 months 2 weeks ago #65155

• OvrcAHst
Unleashediv wrote:
My hilt for the Redeemer has sound. Champion with Veridium sound board and in-hilt recharge :)
:lol: :lol: The Fool strikes again, it might be an early Night for this doofus tonight I think. :oops:
I believe they are Demo Models, they are in person over the counter if you want them. They are a great bunch of blokes and I am going to try and get in touch with Travis (Groot) to talk to him about my options.
And yeah he uses NB3.0.
Sounds promising. If it returns favourably might give me an excuse to (legally) burn 120kmh up the F3M1 (now) just to check them out. ;)
Ok so last I saw, they had a Katana, 2x Gladius v2, Arbiter and a Exhalted. I am not sure what setup they have but pretty sure they are ready to go.
Hmm.. Not so sure about the limited choice and there's no sane reason to end up with 3 Exalted's right? :S
Their own brand saber, I saw it in person. Comfortable to grip, really made for one thing and one thing only. Belt the living $#!7 out of it. They take a massive beating. Dropped, thrown, you name it. But yes no sound. Just colours at the moment. The blades are insane too, however no film. For something you want to abuse I would consider buying one. But I want a smaller hilt.
:lol: They aren't hiding anything. They were pretty upfront when the concept started taking shape. Pretty sure Luke did a Video on YT demonstrating the beating (for the Hilt and not the Blade).
Question, I want to get a thread going for suggestions. I have 3 sabers and now I want to get them where I want too sound and colour wise. New thread and if so where? Pics INC! I swear!
Sounds like a Saber Hilt DIY Section Post, but throw it in Open Topics for now and depending on the content discussed will move it if necessary. :)

Standard Finish -Champion 12W+ Light Blue Redeemer 10 months 2 weeks ago #65156

• DK44
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 137
Excellent decision to snag this saber! Can't wait to see more photos, especially the light blue color---Congrats & Enjoy!

Standard Finish -Champion 12W+ Light Blue Redeemer 10 months 2 weeks ago #65157

• Unleashediv
So here is some of the extra's I promised.
I think a few more profile shots of the hilt is required here.
So here are some close ups!

Standard Finish -Champion 12W+ Light Blue Redeemer 10 months 2 weeks ago #65159

• OvrcAHst
I can't stop looking at the Mustard Yellow of the Thin Neck. Did that undergo a respray/colour that you know of? The Body-end Tap Handle, Copper Neck and Emitter Cap have a nice lustre and sheen to them. Polished by you or preserved exceptionally well since purchase?

Depending on how 'close-to' accuracy your wanting to achieve, check out another of Nebosa's Threads here, where he did some Mods to the Box-adjacent greeblies which (consistent to your version) is the Kill Key and Faux Switch.

Standard Finish -Champion 12W+ Light Blue Redeemer 10 months 2 weeks ago #65160

• Unleashediv
I don't know if the guys from Son's resprayed it or not. They did polish and since then I keep it in my draw wrapped in a towel. Rarely is it out in public for family or friends to see. Reason for that is because...well I have a stand now. I need a good display cabinet.

The guys at son's do a very very good polish. I think its like $30 too.
If you decide to go up there, let me know I would head up there as well.

Love that thread actually. Definitely going to give that a try! Because that looks 100x better and I think I will definitely colour the kill key too! It's an awesome idea. Thanks again dude!

Creating a photobucket account (lost my old one) to add some more photos.

Standard Finish -Champion 12W+ Light Blue Redeemer 10 months 2 weeks ago #65163

• OvrcAHst
Thanks Mate. Unsure when I'll be headin' up North next. Nephews visiting at the moment and while Sabers are cool, its much more fun interacting with a 9Month Old with trying silly ways to make him laugh, especially when he's whinging but pauses mid cry to laugh and then resume again with the whinge. :P I wasn't anticipating until about Jan/Feb to coincide with my next trip to MSR in Somersby where I take my Car to but likely around then with the Christmas/New Year Holidays, Son's will be shut or the limited few will be completely gone. I'll PM you if I can be more definite. ;)

Standard Finish -Champion 12W+ Light Blue Redeemer 10 months 2 weeks ago #65164

• Unleashediv
Oh of coarse, I wouldn't miss those opportunities either!

If I decide to go up, I will PM you and see if you would like me to ask for anything or grab you something if you need it. Save you the trip.

In other news!!
Blue 32" Day Blade with the light on!

Standard 32" V4 with the light on.

Magic Card Trick thanks to Shameem King of Redeemers.

Lights off Standard 32" V4

Lights off Blue 32" Day Blade

The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66, =Ottomatix=, OvrcAHst

Standard Finish -Champion 12W+ Light Blue Redeemer 10 months 2 weeks ago #65165

• Unleashediv
And the rest of the close ups :)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66, OvrcAHst

Standard Finish -Champion 12W+ Light Blue Redeemer 10 months 2 weeks ago #65166

• OvrcAHst
Am going to try a phone enquiry first to test the water. ;)
Great additional images too. Yeah, the Mustard is notso much Mustard anymore but a shiny Brass as it's supposed to be. Nicely Done. :cheer:

EDIT:
I've never noticed the Vented Pommel on your version before. Much bigger, I actually like it more than the smaller one on mine. :)
Last Edit: 10 months 2 weeks ago by OvrcAHst.

Standard Finish -Champion 12W+ Light Blue Redeemer 10 months 2 weeks ago #65167

• Unleashediv
OvrcAHst wrote:
Am going to try a phone enquiry first to test the water. ;)
Great additional images too. Yeah, the Mustard is notso much Mustard anymore but a shiny Brass as it's supposed to be. Nicely Done. :cheer:

EDIT:
I've never noticed the Vented Pommel on your version before. Much bigger, I actually like it more than the smaller one on mine. :)

Thanks dude! I shall leave you too it, I am definitely going to get a Medium Blue in this thing, because I am starting to wonder about this Light Blue and if maybe one of the LED's is gone too, looking at others.

Minor issues!!

Also will ask them about the brass part, compared to others it is a very heavy brass. Copper is about the same but yeah, the brass is heavier. :)

Standard Finish -Champion 12W+ Light Blue Redeemer 10 months 1 week ago #65211

• =Ottomatix=
  • Platinum Member
  • "The fear of loss is a Path to the Darkside, Train yourself to Let Go of everything you Fear to Lose"
  • Thank you received: 523
Congratulations, this sabers on my wish list :lol:

Standard Finish -Champion 12W+ Light Blue Redeemer 10 months 1 week ago #65219

• Unleashediv
=Ottomatix= wrote:
Congratulations, this sabers on my wish list :lol:

Thank you kind sir! I seriously recommend it. I did not make mention of this in my original post.

But to add I was doing some twirling and my hand got sweaty and it slipped out of my hands into the air and down to hit some pretty hard pavements. Happened too fast for me to catch it.

Blade cracked but you can see these photos are taken after (monday in fact) and works well.

Who says thin necks aren't durable???
Last Edit: 10 months 1 week ago by Unleashediv.

Standard Finish -Champion 12W+ Light Blue Redeemer 10 months 1 week ago #65220

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 505
Lovely Redeemer, one cannot go wrong with such an iconic canon saber!
"I am the Senate"
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5280
  • Latest Member: EIJoseph
  • Total Posts: 56.2k
  • Total Topics: 4701
  • Total Sections: 22