Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Please create a new topic to post your review of the Relic.
Threaded Indented

TOPIC: Champion Tier Relic V2 in 12w+ Red

Champion Tier Relic V2 in 12w+ Red 9 months 1 week ago #67223

• KiakahiSonic7
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 73
Hey, guys.

Here's another SaberForge review. This one is of the Relic in Weathered Finish. I actually don't mind the cross guard saber style, surprisingly. Getting used to the different style of handling and combat will take a while, but, I think I'll get used to it.

The pros of this saber are:
More than enough room for a two-handed grip
Weathering is beautifully done
Construction is nice and solid
It has a nice, aggressive design for a dark side saber

Cons are:
The edges of the pommel and side blade protrusions are relatively sharp.
It might be a bit unwieldy for shorter people or those with less physical strength

Anyways, that's my take on the Relic. Here's the video review.

Images are below:

Last Edit: 9 months 1 week ago by KiakahiSonic7.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66, Greysider, OvrcAHst, HotRod

Champion Tier Relic V2 in 12w+ Red 9 months 1 week ago #67234

• KiakahiSonic7
  • Premium Member

Enjoy, guys.
Last Edit: 9 months 1 week ago by KiakahiSonic7.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66, OvrcAHst, HotRod

Champion Tier Relic V2 in 12w+ Red 9 months 1 week ago #67254

• Eddlyss64
  • Platinum Member
  • "Either in belief or doubt, if I lean to one of these sides, my reaction time will be dulled if my heart thinks the opposite of what I choose."
  • Thank you received: 207
Pretty!

Emerald Knight, Chosen, Dark Paladin, Sentinel
The following user(s) said Thank You: KiakahiSonic7

Champion Tier Relic V2 in 12w+ Red 9 months 1 week ago #67266

• KiakahiSonic7
  • Premium Member
Here's the blade color in the dark demonstration.

Last Edit: 6 months 3 weeks ago by KiakahiSonic7.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Greysider, OvrcAHst

Champion Tier Relic V2 in 12w+ Red 9 months 1 week ago #67299

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1603
Great addition to your (deferred) Final Collection! Captain Obvious asks: Why don't you ensure the Saber is fully charged before doing a Preview Video Review and also ensure that you aren't minutes away from attending a Meeting too? :lol: Thanks for the share Mate. Question: How top-heavy is the Hilt (without blade) and then with a 37" in Main Blade? and the little metal thingy's under the crossguard (*insert technical term here*, hope you know what I mean) are they prone to self-harm much like the Pommel? What Sabers next ('cause I know you're thinking it!) :whistle:

Champion Tier Relic V2 in 12w+ Red 9 months 1 week ago #67326

• KiakahiSonic7
  • Premium Member
OvrcAHst wrote:
Great addition to your (deferred) Final Collection! Captain Obvious asks: Why don't you ensure the Saber is fully charged before doing a Preview Video Review and also ensure that you aren't minutes away from attending a Meeting too? :lol: Thanks for the share Mate. Question: How top-heavy is the Hilt (without blade) and then with a 37" in Main Blade? and the little metal thingy's under the crossguard (*insert technical term here*, hope you know what I mean) are they prone to self-harm much like the Pommel? What Sabers next ('cause I know you're thinking it!) :whistle:

Thanks, OvrcAHst. The hilt is definitely the heaviest I've held, but it isn't too top-heavy as the pommel and rest of the body stick out quite a bit from the bottom of my hand. When the blade gets inserted, it does get more top-heavy, but, not as much as I'd thought. The metal protrusions underneath the two side emitters can gouge you if you aren't careful, which is why I recommend filing/sanding them down a bit (just one more reason I like the Templar better than the Relic in the cross-guard saber department). As far on what saber will be next, I plan on doing my next review once December rolls around, so, I'll have enough time to get my personal expenses and holiday gift shopping out of the way. If it's still available for grabs (and if it's duel-worthy), I will probably get the Crystal Reveal Guardian. If that's out of the question, then I will likely go for a 12w+ Cyan Bastion Saber-staff. And Ex66 is in for a treat if I go with the staff because I can handle a staff better than I can a sword and can get much more flashy spins in.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst, HotRod

Champion Tier Relic V2 in 12w+ Red 9 months 1 week ago #67421

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi." - Quinlan Vos
  • Thank you received: 298
Nice. I love how the Relic is beautiful and intimidating at the same time. Congrats.
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

Champion Tier Relic V2 in 12w+ Red 9 months 1 week ago #67436

• KiakahiSonic7
  • Premium Member
Greysider wrote:
Nice. I love how the Relic is beautiful and intimidating at the same time. Congrats.

Thanks, man. It is that. This (as I mentioned in my video review) is the only hilt from SaberForge where I believe the weathered finish looks better than its standard, dual-tone one, henceforth, it's the only weathered saber I will get (with maybe an exception or two). It is sharp-edged, though. My friend and classmate Jaren, who I gave the Relic to, got gouged in the arm and hand thanks to the sharp pommel edges and side emitter claws, so, I had to take the hilt home and file those edges down so he wouldn't cut himself again. So, definitely wear gloves when handling this thing.
Threaded Indented

Member Login

Latest Posts

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5294
  • Latest Member: neoskamark
  • Total Posts: 56.2k
  • Total Topics: 4709
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 0