Username: Password: Remember me
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

TOPIC: GrandMaster SF Custom|Story so far.Pt II-Verse4

GrandMaster SF Custom|Story so far.Pt II-Verse4 1 year 1 month ago #55999

• OvrcAHst
  • War. Mostly Dark, Often Grey, Sometimes Light
  • Thank you received: 1603

GrandMaster 2015 was the very first SaberForge Hilt I discovered, lusted over and was determined to order to eventually call my very own. This was the first to be ordered, back on December 13, 2015 (included with Reborn) via Etsy and became my fourth SaberForge Hilt to be delivered.

Similar to Reborn (Verse3) this Hilt arrived on Star Wars Day inside the infamous Toblerone (unlike Verse1 & Verse2-Exalted & Monarch respectively) which arrived inside a brown rectangular box.

This Custom Hilt was Previewed and Posted as Complete April 28, 2016 on SaberForge's Custom Shop Facebook page, here.

Ceremonial: High Polished Nickel Plate over Acid-Etch Grandmaster Single.

This is my most favoured and cherished Hilt from my Collection. The standard Finish it is offered in features a remarkable aesthetic with design intricacy, characteristics I look for with Hilt Ownership. Research had directed me to the process of Acid-Etching onto the Grip Body to heighten the look more. Discussions with Justin Polachek and Khal Jahromi returned a grey-scale weathered treatment and whilst the results definitely increased fascination, I wanted something that was truly unique and hadn't been ventured into (yet).

Some Specs & Measurements:
Champion Tier 12Watt+ Deep Blue| Sabercore 2.0 Viridian| 32" Infinity V4| Deleted Covertech Wheel| Silver Non Lit AV Switch| Polished Silver knurled Kill Key| Custom Acid Etch by Khal Jahromi of KR Sabers.

Blade Holder Depth=2.75"
Hilt Length (Emitter - Pommel)=13.00"
Rear Grip Width=1.50"

Observations:
This Hilt leaves me overwhelming Numb. The look has been perfectly achieved exact to what I initially sought, customising further an already extraordinary Hilt design. There is generous weight without being heavily set and is symmetrically balanced. As a one handed Hilt your grip naturally tucks under the fore-grip greeblie that supports the struts that continue into the Emitter. Even when adding a second hand to the Hilt your Primary (dominant) hand accommodates the other with a gentle shift-up where it cradles over the Body strut-mounts without feeling uncomfortable. I share this same comfort with gripping the 3 body spines on Reborn.

The Etching has been meticulously done with some gentle tarnishing at the lower end just above the Pommel to simulate the 'handled' effect rather promoting the 'keep behind glass' connotation (however still makes a perfect candidate if it does go behind glass). The acid weathering process has been perfected by Khal in that there is generous separation between the negative space and the raised textured swirl patterns whilst remaining subtle.

The narrow window slits on the Emitter provide a great accent and paired with a pretty capped Blade Plug, it's like the tied-bow that completes the package. The symmetry of the 3 sets of Emitter windows is stunningly beautiful and when ignited becomes blindingly bright as the illumination desperately searches for areas to weep from. Love it. I have made it known in my Reviews that I am a sucker for Windows and Shine-throughs.

Conclusions:
My mind is actually blown (still). There is difficulty with identifying any flaws to this Hilt. Maybe in time it may become more evident, maybe not. As a show piece it ticks the box. As a handling piece it ticks the box. With Sound generously loud (even on low setting) as it resonates through the vented Pommel, deafening and startling. Chills every time it is ignited. The illumination brightens the room and makes it so much harder to capture on camera simply to (inaccurately) share with you what I see. I'd go as far to say that it's Perfect.

Befriending Hindsight:
This Hilt is a Single and doesn't form a Staff. I had a vision during the initial concept stage and remained uncertain with if the end result could be effectively and successfully achieved. At risk of getting two and taking them down a customising road and end up with something flawed, I conservatively banked on making the journey with one and diverted the 'Funds' allowance towards another Hilt.

There are heaps of Pictures that will be following.... Thank You.
Last Edit: 5 months 19 hours ago by OvrcAHst. Reason: removed lost link
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66, HotRod

GrandMaster SF Custom|Story so far.Pt II-Verse4 1 year 1 month ago #56000

• OvrcAHst

and some more still... B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66

GrandMaster SF Custom|Story so far.Pt II-Verse4 1 year 1 month ago #56001

• OvrcAHst

and some more still... :)

GrandMaster SF Custom|Story so far.Pt II-Verse4 1 year 1 month ago #56002

• OvrcAHst

The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66, MommyHoldMe

GrandMaster SF Custom|Story so far.Pt II-Verse4 1 year 1 month ago #56003

• OvrcAHst

The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66, Greysider, MommyHoldMe

GrandMaster SF Custom|Story so far.Pt II-Verse4 1 year 1 month ago #56004

• OvrcAHst

And the Collection (so far) Assembly..

Thank you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Execute66, Greysider, MommyHoldMe

GrandMaster SF Custom|Story so far.Pt II-Verse4 1 year 1 month ago #56005

• MommyHoldMe
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 238
I.. there.. I wow there are no words. That Grandmaster, that etching, it not just beautiful but it is a marvelous masterpiece. It is splendid, stunning and simply perfect. The collection you have is most impressive. You are very lucky to not just have this Grandmaster but all of your other beauties in your collection. I will be envious for many many months. Congrats and seriously well done on picking out what you wanted out of this and the other custom sabers. Congrats my friend, congrats.
You give life, You are love.You bring light to the darkness.
You give hope, You restore every heart that is broken.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OvrcAHst

GrandMaster SF Custom|Story so far.Pt II-Verse4 1 year 1 month ago #56006

• Execute66
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 506
Lost for words but let me just say simply, S I C K :woohoo:

Let me digest this all and get back to you again. I'm having visual indigestion!

Such exquisite work! Honestly, your GM does not look like a Star Wars saber anymore. It looks something like a royal scepter of some type, no offense, but that's the level of exquisiteness of that hit. 11/10.
"I am the Senate"
Last Edit: 1 year 1 month ago by Execute66.

GrandMaster SF Custom|Story so far.Pt II-Verse4 1 year 1 month ago #56009

• BoostinIX
  • Platinum Member
  • Thank you received: 179
Noms. Aaaand I'm emailing KR....now.

Good to see you liked the GM for actual weilding. Was concerned how those struts would affect things.
Last Edit: 1 year 1 month ago by BoostinIX.

GrandMaster SF Custom|Story so far.Pt II-Verse4 1 year 1 month ago #56011

• Gaelis
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 46
Really want to add to the jealous rumblings of awe here.
It is a fine looking saber and will look great on display, or as part of a costume. I couldn't imagine it being used for duelling though!
Very nice indeed. Your poor wallet though...
For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future.

GrandMaster SF Custom|Story so far.Pt II-Verse4 1 year 1 month ago #56034

• NeBosa
  • Platinum Member
  • Do no harm, but take no shit.
  • Thank you received: 293
So you're the one that got those beautiful customs.
That's quite the amazing collection you have there.

GrandMaster SF Custom|Story so far.Pt II-Verse4 1 year 1 month ago #56053

• Greysider
  • Platinum Member
  • "I am not your kind. I do not feed off vengeance. I am a Jedi." - Quinlan Vos
  • Thank you received: 298
Another custom from OvrcAHst? Starting to get a bit jealous here. That is an extraordinary hilt man. Fits in perfectly with that sick collection of yours. Congrats!!
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

GrandMaster SF Custom|Story so far.Pt II-Verse4 1 year 1 month ago #56056

• Brax
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 1070
To be fair, I love every saber I see. The very concept of a light saber still rocks my world, and I love every representation of that idea. Of course, there are some that I prefer due to their aesthetics, configuration, etc., as we all do. However, this saber appeals to me on EVERY level! You have taken what was already a great saber, and with these modifications, elevated it to legendary status.

My compliments on a saber to be admired and envied by all!
Imagine what you will know tomorrow....

GrandMaster SF Custom|Story so far.Pt II-Verse4 1 year 1 month ago #56076

• OvrcAHst
Mom,
I.. there.. I wow there are no words. That Grandmaster, that etching, it not just beautiful but it is a marvelous masterpiece. It is splendid, stunning and simply perfect. The collection you have is most impressive. You are very lucky to not just have this Grandmaster but all of your other beauties in your collection. I will be envious for many many months. Congrats and seriously well done on picking out what you wanted out of this and the other custom sabers. Congrats my friend, congrats.
Thank you. Agreed, am very fortunate that the Commissions were accepted at time of initial enquiry. There is disbelief with how rewarding it is seeing them and holding them and experiencing the appreciation for them that I do.

Ex66,
Lost for words but let me just say simply, S I C K :woohoo:
Let me digest this all and get back to you again. I'm having visual indigestion!
Such exquisite work! Honestly, your GM does not look like a Star Wars saber anymore. It looks something like a royal scepter of some type, no offense, but that's the level of exquisiteness of that hit. 11/10.
:cheer: Thank you for your comments. Definitely looks different, don't disagree with you however I would still like to think that Star Wars influences are still present with the Character the Hilt is modelled after, it's still a Lightsaber right? No offense taken, dubbed Ceremonial for that very reason. I have written that I typically like my Hilts with a dirty finish over a cleaned polished one however I really wanted this to go against my initial thought processes. Accepting that I didn't have a second to form a staff I entertained the theory that Satele Shan has her always carried weathered and battle-ready for combat and then there's this for more formal attendances but still equally formidable if required to be drawn.

Surely you too can appreciate the features of this Hilt and the attraction it has even without the extra customising applied to it. ;)

I first saw this image and decided I had to have it.

Then further research led me to the dirty-look.

Similar to the end result I discovered this (a Custom from a different Smith) which then formed the premise of what I wanted to emulate. This one (consistent to the Character influences) has filled emitter windows that doesn't enable shine-through. The sound rather than coming from the vented pommel, resonated out from the neck/choke where the grip body formed an outer shroud over an inner/sub-Hilt. The Grip also tapered inwards from both ends. I liked that SaberForge's version countered this.

Khal's Stage I completion, Grey-scaled weathering.

It was then Justin introduced a Preview of a Custom Polish Nickel Plated Crystal Jade that completed the brief with what you see now.

GrandMaster SF Custom|Story so far.Pt II-Verse4 1 year 1 month ago #56079

• OvrcAHst
BoostinIX,
Noms. Aaaand I'm emailing KR....now.
Good to see you liked the GM for actual weilding. Was concerned how those struts would affect things.
:lol: Thank you. You definitely should. Khal does some amazing Acid-Etching work (not just limited to his GrandMaster application, a self designed template btw) and has demonstrated so on other Hilts. Last I read he was on holidays until May 22 but I doubt that would be of any great hindrance.

I had read a few Reviews about those struts and idk if it's 'cause of the Nickel Plating but as thin as they are, there's generous strength and rigidity there. Unlike my Reborn where my hand favours a higher grip over the lower on the spines I find with GrandMaster, it's held over the AV and KK position and when shifting-up ;) , there is zero fragile feeling underneath.

Gaelis,
Really want to add to the jealous rumblings of awe here.
It is a fine looking saber and will look great on display, or as part of a costume. I couldn't imagine it being used for duelling though!
Very nice indeed. Your poor wallet though...
Thank you for your comments. :) Agreed, an excellent piece for display. The polished shine from the emitter simply glows at night when artificial light hits it and even more so by the glare of a reflective surface when natural daylight shines into the room.

This isn't a duelling piece. I have other goto's for that. Whilst it is solid and perfectly suited for it, I'd rather not risk the heartache if any damage was received. I do however, duel against shadows with it. ;) Just like a Limited Edition Signature pair of Jordan's wouldn't be worn to compete in Tough Mudder or a Premium Reserve Macallan Anniversary 25yo Single Malt used as a generic mixer at parties; there is no intention to full-throttle duel with this Hilt.

The only Cosplay is maybe For Tyeth Sunday's, walking around the house in my pyjamas Jedi Robe. Didn't you read? No sympathies for My Wallet only gratitude. ;)

GrandMaster SF Custom|Story so far.Pt II-Verse4 1 year 1 month ago #56083

• OvrcAHst
NeBosa,
So you're the one that got those beautiful customs.
That's quite the amazing collection you have there.
Thank you, Yes.

You wrote recently (idk, maybe for a Guardian) that you stumble across something that you just have to have. I have this same sentiment. ;)

Greysider,
Another custom from OvrcAHst? Starting to get a bit jealous here. That is an extraordinary hilt man. Fits in perfectly with that sick collection of yours. Congrats!!
Thank you very much. The measure of appreciation and with appreciation is definitely great.

Brax,
To be fair, I love every saber I see. The very concept of a light saber still rocks my world, and I love every representation of that idea. Of course, there are some that I prefer due to their aesthetics, configuration, etc., as we all do. However, this saber appeals to me on EVERY level! You have taken what was already a great saber, and with these modifications, elevated it to legendary status.
My compliments on a saber to be admired and envied by all!
Thank you. Summarised so eloquently. But did you write and reference...

:blush:

GrandMaster SF Custom|Story so far.Pt II-Verse4 1 year 2 weeks ago #60194

• FoxAudio
  • There is no passion, there is serenity.
  • Thank you received: 1
This is exceptional work. Satele Shan's lightsaber is cash money.
_______
FoxAudio

GrandMaster SF Custom|Story so far.Pt II-Verse4 8 months 4 weeks ago #67784

• CrimsonJax88
  • Elite Member
  • Dutch guy living in Norway!
  • Thank you received: 76
Just had to say again what a wonderful saber it truly is; can't give enough praise for obtaining a truly unique and magnificent hilt that is fit for a king - or queen in this case :P
For my ally is the Force - and a powerful ally it is!

GrandMaster SF Custom|Story so far.Pt II-Verse4 8 months 4 weeks ago #67809

• OvrcAHst
:lol: Thanks Mate... and even fit for a dunce like me. :lol:

GrandMaster SF Custom|Story so far.Pt II-Verse4 6 months 1 week ago #70308

• Daedalus
  • "Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." - Han Solo
  • Thank you received: 12
Is the GrandMaster compatible with QuickConnects?
Threaded Indented
  • Page:

Member Login

Latest Posts

• Korbanth Duke-I've been l... (5 Posts)
    • I'm gonna just have to remove the pommel to pull the kill key, its a single allen, the sleep mode on...
    • Ezra (Rebels) Hilt Possib... (3 Posts)
    • The "Interest Sign-up Sheet" that Phil mentioned has been posted in the FB group. The link is here:...
    • Saberforge Heretic & ... (6 Posts)
    • Quote: I bought the Heretic on the 24th May and I'm waiting for it to be delivered. It will be my first...
    • Tanto Hilts Coming! (3 Posts)
    • The Apprentice versions are perfect. I'll give the Tanto a pass.

More Topics »

Forum Statistics

• Total Users: 5294
  • Latest Member: neoskamark
  • Total Posts: 56.2k
  • Total Topics: 4709
  • Total Sections: 22
  • Total Categories: 119
  • Today Open: 0
  • Yesterday Open: 5
  • Today Answer: 1
  • Yesterday Answer: 20